Christopher & Banks Reviews

Reset
2.9
Christopher & Banks CEO LuAnn Via
LuAnn Via

Pros
  • Great employee discount to help with wearing clothing currently in the stores (in 10 reviews)

• Customer service focus, promotes a feeling of ownership among managers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Many changes in upper management over several years (in 13 reviews)

• Having part time assistants who don't take ownership as they are "just (in 11 reviews)

1. Assistant manager

I worked at Christopher & Banks

Pros

Nice atmosphere to work in

Cons

Not a lot of training provided, high expectation, lack of reward recognition

I'm a full time Assistant Manager at Christopher & Banks and couldn't be happier!

Current Employee - Multi Store Full Time Assistant Manager in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Multi Store Full Time Assistant Manager in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great quality clothing, fabulous employee discounts, amazing women (coworkers and customers!)

Cons

Having to push for email's from older ladies is quite difficult because not everybody knows how to use it!

Advice to Management

Offer other ways to receive better coupons besides postal and email

Management will make it or break it.

I worked at Christopher & Banks full-time

Pros

INCREDIBLE CUSTOMERS are what makes it worth it. Allowed to go outside the norm to provide customer service. Loved working with a "grown-up" team.

Cons

More and more expected with very few resources allowed. Payroll progressively tighter while expectations multiply. Lots of senior turnover so while you can be praised or supported one month, you can be treated poorly and be targeted the next. Company from the inside looks to be scrambling time and communication is scattered.

Advice to Management

Your front line is more important than you realize. By tying their hands and by covering their mouths, you are growing further and further away from what your customers want and need. What happened to promoting from within?

I LOVE JEN YEO!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anthem, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anthem, AZ

I have been working at Christopher & Banks part-time

Pros

She is so amazing. She is understanding and an amazing manager. You can always count on her to do a great job with a great attitude. She builds every employee up and makes you want to work harder to be a better employee for her. Christopher and Banks made the smartest decision they might have ever made when choosing Jen to be the Store Manager. She never asks you to do something she is not willing to do. I am so thankful for both her and Kristi the assistant store manager. They are great people with spectacular personalities. If you need a part time job this is the company and the location to go. You won't find a better manager.

Cons

None! There is no drama, no harsh criticism and no negative attitudes.

Advice to Management

Do what ever you have to do to keep Jen and Kristi.

6. assistant manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Christopher & Banks

Pros

Good benefits and good hours and great people and best great quality of clothing, love having clothing for all size women

Cons

Having to push to get credit cards and emails from customers, lack of higher wages,

Advice to Management

Not everyone has computers or want more credit card

7. buyer

I worked at Christopher & Banks

Pros

The people! Great Co workers.

Cons

Lack of leadership, no clear vision.

Advice to Management

Trust that your people are making the right choices.

8. Not the company it used to be.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good discount on clothes, but need a new buyer that will be more fashion forward. Christopher& Banks has the best and nicest customers.

Cons

Need better training. Need better communication. Need better upper management. Need to give employees incentives to achieve goals instead of threatening their jobs.

Advice to Management

Support your employees!

9. Great Company

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time

Pros

Growth opportunities, great company culture, great customers, developmental opportunities and overall great company to work for

Cons

Haven't ran into any cons yet!

10. manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company does offer flexible scheduling, benefits to full time employees, great training tools and resources to provide outstanding customer service.

Cons

Not enough payroll to operate store efficiently and provide the customer service that's come to be expected from their customers. They are merging their misses and plus size stores (CJ Banks) and the plus size customer IS NOT HAPPY about it.

Advice to Management

I wish that upper management could hear the complaints I get on a daily basis from angry women whose store has been closed, or combined. I understand it saves money but how much are they going to lose in the long run by losing those customers. I have ladies tell me consistently that they refuse to shop their stores at home because since they combines they don't have anything to choose from. Also, stop cutting payroll hours and appreciate your staff that's been with you for years and made your stores what they are today.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Christopher & Banks part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great customers, co-workers and employee discount.

Cons

Large work load and tight payroll that force staff to choose between taking care of customers or getting chores completed. ( hanging & steaming product, cleaning store, restocking, etc.)

Advice to Management

Cut back in areas such as interior signage, new fixtures costs and put $$ into payroll. Our friends shop this store because of the service and care they receive.

RSS Feed </> Embed