Christopher & Banks Reviews

Reset
3.2
Christopher & Banks CEO LuAnn Via
LuAnn Via

Pros
  • Great employee discount to help with wearing clothing currently in the stores (in 10 reviews)

• Customer service focus, promotes a feeling of ownership among managers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Many changes in upper management over several years (in 13 reviews)

• Having part time assistants who don't take ownership as they are "just (in 11 reviews)

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Pigeon Forge, TN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Pigeon Forge, TN

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AMAZING company! When they say like family they truly mean that. Great hours, great benefits, many opportunities to work your way up!

Cons

As far as company it's amazing. Like all companies it has its moments (as far as management) however what company doesn't.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Asst mgr

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Jackson, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Jackson, MI

I have been working at Christopher & Banks (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love my customers and the girls that are under me

Cons

When I get a unhappy customer, I do my very best to turn a negative to a positive

Love this company

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Greenwood, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Greenwood, IN

I have been working at Christopher & Banks (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and discounts are amazing

Cons

Low hours with a high work load

Advice to Management

Larger stores need more hours to accommodate the larger work load, the dressing rooms, steaming,customer service, promo changes and care to insure our customers return.

5. Great Company To Work For

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time

Pros

Good company culture, exciting and fast paced

Cons

No cons I can think of

Needs change from the top

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Used to be a great positive company to work for, selling quality merchandise for reasonable prices. Could be again if there is a change in management from the CEO down through the district level. Great team of fellow employees who haven't quit yet.

Cons

Store performance has fallen in once profitable stores where plus sizes were added without adequate room and resources to present the product properly. Instead of giving individual store managers the power and hours to do what they need to do and what they do best, a parade of corporate yes-men/women parade through, each directing in a different manner. The stores are a mess. Upper management shows no interest in listening to employees who work in the store and understand our customer base. The product coming in is not appealing to our once solid and loyal customer base. That solid and loyal base includes store employees who could earn more working elsewhere but used to like the product and the company. The work load increases daily and as it peaks for special events they cut the hours to the stores then berate the stores for not making the unreasonable goals with not enough hours to complete needed tasks. Management could learn from those working in the stores if only they would listen. In addition to cutting hours they have cut our employee discount. The average customer can get a better deal than employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who work daily with your customer, they know what she wants.

7. Assistant manager

Pros

Nice atmosphere to work in

Cons

Not a lot of training provided, high expectation, lack of reward recognition

I LOVE JEN YEO!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anthem, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anthem, AZ

I have been working at Christopher & Banks part-time

Pros

She is so amazing. She is understanding and an amazing manager. You can always count on her to do a great job with a great attitude. She builds every employee up and makes you want to work harder to be a better employee for her. Christopher and Banks made the smartest decision they might have ever made when choosing Jen to be the Store Manager. She never asks you to do something she is not willing to do. I am so thankful for both her and Kristi the assistant store manager. They are great people with spectacular personalities. If you need a part time job this is the company and the location to go. You won't find a better manager.

Cons

None! There is no drama, no harsh criticism and no negative attitudes.

Advice to Management

Do what ever you have to do to keep Jen and Kristi.

I'm a full time Assistant Manager at Christopher & Banks and couldn't be happier!

Current Employee - Multi Store Full Time Assistant Manager in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Multi Store Full Time Assistant Manager in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Christopher & Banks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great quality clothing, fabulous employee discounts, amazing women (coworkers and customers!)

Cons

Having to push for email's from older ladies is quite difficult because not everybody knows how to use it!

Advice to Management

Offer other ways to receive better coupons besides postal and email

Management will make it or break it.

I worked at Christopher & Banks full-time

Pros

INCREDIBLE CUSTOMERS are what makes it worth it. Allowed to go outside the norm to provide customer service. Loved working with a "grown-up" team.

Cons

More and more expected with very few resources allowed. Payroll progressively tighter while expectations multiply. Lots of senior turnover so while you can be praised or supported one month, you can be treated poorly and be targeted the next. Company from the inside looks to be scrambling time and communication is scattered.

Advice to Management

Your front line is more important than you realize. By tying their hands and by covering their mouths, you are growing further and further away from what your customers want and need. What happened to promoting from within?

11. buyer

Pros

The people! Great Co workers.

Cons

Lack of leadership, no clear vision.

Advice to Management

Trust that your people are making the right choices.

RSS Feed </> Embed