Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation

Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Armand F. Lauzon Jr.

Pleasant place to work.

X-Ray Radiographer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation part-time for less than a year

ProsSecond shift X-Ray radiographer. Good working environment.

ConsNo Cons. Company needs employees to bring best skills and work ethic to the table in order to support production throughput.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate clarity on core business practice of meeting throughput requirements.

Terriable!!!

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Prosparking is great and have a great coffee service

ConsEver since new management has taken over the quality, moral and over company has gone down hill.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more work in house.

Chromalloy has given many great opportunities for success and truly values the employees current and future potential

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation full-time

ProsGood work/like balance, opportunities for growth within the company, competitive benefits, clear messages given from executive team through insight newsletter

ConsUnclear as to what will happen with the future of Chromalloy

Nimble aircraft engine repair company with demanding but fair leadership

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI experienced little micromanagement. The organization is relatively flat. The expectation is that goals are set from above, and it is your job to figure out what to do. This was very liberating to me. In general, it is clear to everyone that this is a profit-seeking business, and everyone sees their jobs in these terms. This is not to say that a QA manager will sacrifice quality to get parts out the door at the end of the month. This was reportedly a problem at the company a couple decades ago, but I never encountered it.
The Carlyle Group seems to be injecting some good strategic and business sense at the top ranks.

ConsAt some locations and positions, Chromalloy can drive their employees really hard. This can be invigorating, but there were a few times where my work-life balance was way off. Admittedly, this was largely my fault, but I saw the same thing happen to a lot of others at the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is still a perception that you are a cheap knock off of the OEMs. You are better than that, so go fix it.

Good place to work, solid management

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Gardena, CA

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEnjoyed working at Chromalloy. Only left because I moved out of the area.

ConsSometimes large companies lose track of what their employees are doing.

Horrible Place to Work

Carson City, NV

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are a lot of good, hard working people who are very good at their jobs.

ConsHigh stress, high pressure, poor compensation for skilled professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that people make the business.

Multiple leadership changes leaving everyone below without direction

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation

ProsIf you want to get a job where you can coast by doing the bare minimum and or have a high pain tolerance towards working with people who are ok with doing the bare minimum.

People on the shop floor at good hard working people. I feel bad they have to work with the "engineers"

ConsLeadership changed multiple time while I was working there. Many of the "Engineers" weren't engineers, which is OK in some places where their experience vastly greater. But these "engineers" seemed jaded, disgruntled and just complained ALL day about how the leadership was poor or how they had so much work to do.

You are not given expectations for your job. You aren't given direction. Managers are OK but they are too busy making sure the place doesn't catch on fire and pleasing the "higher-ups" that they are doing OK. You are given no training and their method of operations in conflicted since the SA location merged with the FL. Two different methods of operations in one small office is not good.

No future opportunities unless you want to sit at your desk to rot.

Advice to Senior ManagementEasily my worst experience with an employer.

This business is thriving but needs to sold off to a company that implements lean manufacturing, six sigma, anything rather than nothing at all.

cutthroat company but pay is reasonable

Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation

ProsThe fellow employees are nice people, you make friends there. The compensation is fair enough as well.

ConsThe building needs some much needed upgrades as in the summer time you will break a sweat. There's a lot of "red tape" strict rules that make you wonder why they are greedy over the little things.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease offer some customer service/tactical/diplomatic training to those who are in leadership. There's a difference between being mean and being assertive.

Not a very good experience

Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation

ProsOverall the compensation is good and the plant is very clean and organized. They also offer a good benefits package but the health insurance is not very good.

ConsOverall not a good place to work. The GM is a micro-manager whom values perception over performance. Hourly employees have a general distrust of management whom seem more concerned about politics and what they perceived to be professionalism. Safety is lax and the equipment has been poorly maintained and is unsafe in many cases. also, the office is not very Welcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to listen to employees more. Meeting with the GM feels like a trip to the dentist. He does not listen and spends most of the time pontificating. The Operations Manager should stop playing politics and I would generally say he is a dishonest person.

Great employees

I have been working at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation

ProsGreat work environment, generally relaxed but still getting results. Interesting business, The engineering is fascinating if you're into that. My pay was good but i cant say i know others.

ConsWork can get tedious depending on what you are doing. Management can sometimes get caught up in meaningless issues but is generally good.

Advice to Senior ManagementTheres a large leadership structure but probably not as much work being done by them as there could be. However, I had an excellent time working at Chromalloy and enjoyed interacting with management every day.

Worked for Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation CEO Armand F. Lauzon Jr. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation employees.