Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation
www.chromalloy.com Orangeburg, NY 5000+ Employees

Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Armand F. Lauzon Jr.

Very rewarding working at Chromalloy for 35+ years.

Plasma Metal Spray Operator (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsOpportunity to work overtime as workload permits. Cross training is encouraged so there is a chance to learn new jobs in a variety of areas. Has been interesting to meet and get to know people from many different countries. Benefits are good ,health insurance, 401k, pension no longer available to new employees.

ConsSome jobs can be repetitious .

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of improvements have been made in the past 2 1/2 years which has been good for everyone so just keep doing what you've been doing and always looking for new product lines to keep us busy and growing as a company.

A very challenging and rewarding work place to master your skills and your endurance

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe Ingenuity, strength, and dedication of the work force at Dallas remain the keys to the success of the Dallas facility. There are many opportunities to learn and to refine your skills if you are willing to put in your own time and efforts.

ConsThe business cycle of this Non-OEM overhaul and service industry is very harsh and takes a lot of getting use to. Employees have to be very flexible and accommodating to the needs of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your workers, they have and will continue to be the key to the success of the facility.

It was a good experience I enjoyed the aerospace industry

Laser Operator (Former Employee)
    Midwest City, OK

ProsThe pay was good the people were very good to work with

ConsThere was a union environment that was sometimes a issue

Advice to Senior ManagementManage without a union and reward your employees for their good work

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pleasant place to work.

X-Ray Radiographer (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsSecond shift X-Ray radiographer. Good working environment.

ConsNo Cons. Company needs employees to bring best skills and work ethic to the table in order to support production throughput.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate clarity on core business practice of meeting throughput requirements.

Terriable!!!

Prosparking is great and have a great coffee service

ConsEver since new management has taken over the quality, moral and over company has gone down hill.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more work in house.

Chromalloy has given many great opportunities for success and truly values the employees current and future potential

ProsGood work/like balance, opportunities for growth within the company, competitive benefits, clear messages given from executive team through insight newsletter

ConsUnclear as to what will happen with the future of Chromalloy

Nimble aircraft engine repair company with demanding but fair leadership

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI experienced little micromanagement. The organization is relatively flat. The expectation is that goals are set from above, and it is your job to figure out what to do. This was very liberating to me. In general, it is clear to everyone that this is a profit-seeking business, and everyone sees their jobs in these terms. This is not to say that a QA manager will sacrifice quality to get parts out the door at the end of the month. This was reportedly a problem at the company a couple decades ago, but I never encountered it.
    The Carlyle Group seems to be injecting some good strategic and business sense at the top ranks.

ConsAt some locations and positions, Chromalloy can drive their employees really hard. This can be invigorating, but there were a few times where my work-life balance was way off. Admittedly, this was largely my fault, but I saw the same thing happen to a lot of others at the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is still a perception that you are a cheap knock off of the OEMs. You are better than that, so go fix it.

Good place to work, solid management

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Gardena, CA

ProsEnjoyed working at Chromalloy. Only left because I moved out of the area.

ConsSometimes large companies lose track of what their employees are doing.

Horrible Place to Work

Manager (Former Employee)
    Carson City, NV

ProsThere are a lot of good, hard working people who are very good at their jobs.

ConsHigh stress, high pressure, poor compensation for skilled professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that people make the business.

Multiple leadership changes leaving everyone below without direction

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsIf you want to get a job where you can coast by doing the bare minimum and or have a high pain tolerance towards working with people who are ok with doing the bare minimum.

People on the shop floor at good hard working people. I feel bad they have to work with the "engineers"

ConsLeadership changed multiple time while I was working there. Many of the "Engineers" weren't engineers, which is OK in some places where their experience vastly greater. But these "engineers" seemed jaded, disgruntled and just complained ALL day about how the leadership was poor or how they had so much work to do.

You are not given expectations for your job. You aren't given direction. Managers are OK but they are too busy making sure the place doesn't catch on fire and pleasing the "higher-ups" that they are doing OK. You are given no training and their method of operations in conflicted since the SA location merged with the FL. Two different methods of operations in one small office is not good.

No future opportunities unless you want to sit at your desk to rot.

Advice to Senior ManagementEasily my worst experience with an employer.

This business is thriving but needs to sold off to a company that implements lean manufacturing, six sigma, anything rather than nothing at all.

Worked for Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation CEO Armand F. Lauzon Jr. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Chromalloy Gas Turbine Corporation employees.