Chrysler

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne

Sergio Marchionne

150 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great work environment.

Automotive Interior Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Chrysler full-time for more than a year

ProsEveryone is a team player within the group the same end resulting in a quality product. Ability to work closely with Engineers and senior management. Excellent training.

ConsI was contracted into Chrysler and didn't have access to some information. Work-life balance was perfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire me direct!

Chrysler Technical Center is a nice place to work.

Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible timing, all engineering labs are under one roof. One gets a good exposure to the vehicle development process. Good employee friendly facilities at Chrysler Technical Center.

ConsGetting parking spot is difficult if you happen to come late like 09:00am. It's further worse if own a competitor vehicle like Honda, GM, Ford, Nissan etc. FIAT, who owns now Chrysler, of course is ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake training classes little more effective.

Purchasing Intern

Purchasing Intern (Former Employee)
Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Chrysler as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe intern classes are large and allows you to meet many people. The projects are actual relevant work. CTC is an amazing headquarters facility.

ConsThey seriously lack diversity in their management positions. I don't think I would work there for more than 3-5 years because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify management, there is much more diversity in the interns presenting their final projects than in the row of management critiquing.

Good Experience

Seat Engineer (Former Employee)
Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Chrysler as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood environment and resources. Involved management.

ConsWill not hire someone for an engineering position despite having decades of experience...

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people based on their experience and background, a degree alone will NOT provide that!

On the right track

Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler full-time

ProsVarious different positions for rotation
Decent pay
Growing company
Vehicles designs have improved tremendously
Culture of learning
Tremendous overall knowledge base
Senior leadership seems focused on long term growth

ConsConstant leadership rotations removes stability and in many cases knowledge base
Some leaders don't seem to have a great skill set
Management doesn't always seem open to change

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote based more on skill and less on who has been "ordained" or networking
Let go of poor performing employees as opposed to transferring them around
Staff more appropriately so that launches go smoother
Continue innovating

I have worked at Chrysler for many years, the staff is very good, the hours are long!

Product Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExperienced staff with may from different OEM experience.

ConsPromotional opportunities in Mid-Level Management are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask that work-life balance be considered as a priority for all levels of staff.

Great Company to work at with great pay!

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pay. The job satisfaction, opportunity, and many really talented employees.

ConsYou can work for a bad boss sometimes. If you are a great employee in your current role, sometimes you are held back from opportunities. It took me over a year to change assignments because my Management could not find a "suitable" back-fill for my job.

We waste money by outsourcing work that should be done in-house. We need to step up our efforts with Document Management Control and 3D facility layouts at our plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting bad managers who have "connections". Listen more to the talented experts who know what they are doing. Promote and utilize your talent from within. Stop outsourcing work and paying millions to achieve very poor & inaccurate results. Much better to perform the work internally using your skilled employees who care about our bottom line.

I've had a satisfying career at Chrysler.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe working people at Chrysler are the best problem solvers in the world. Change is constant and people at Chrysler are experienced in adapting to changing business environment.

ConsGoing through many ownership changes create instability in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide clear vision for the company and put proven visionary leaders in charge.

Very rewarding professionally

Senior Engineering Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProvided a lot of autonomy
Able to do what was right for the product

ConsTremendous economic pressure. Hopefully this has improved with Fiat ownership.

Nothing new, just more of the old

Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Chrysler full-time for more than a year

ProsSome friendly people, perks only for blue badges

ConsNo personal growth opportunities, small-thinking and micro-managing middle managers who only think in the short-run, poor communication between groups, no clear responsibility on major decisions due to FIAT involvement, cumbersome systems that create roadblocks and then no systems allowing for growth of the organization, inability for programs to be completed due to people not completing their tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate systems and metrics that engineers can work toward, rather than letting the bureaucracy persist. Having the "good ole boys" club will destroy the vision of the company and it will begin to show very soon.

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!

Chrysler – Why Work for Us?

Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, FIAT and Mopar vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chrysler reviews and ratings in Auburn Hills, MI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. All 150 reviews posted anonymously by Chrysler employees.