Chrysler

Sergio Marchionne

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall great company

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than a year

ProsJobs are not overly difficult and well balanced
overtime hours are available
difficult to get fired from
decently easy to switch jobs once you get some seniority
once hired in guaranteed hours no matter if they send you home early

Conshard to get promoted to management (seniority system)
it's a hit or miss if you will get a manager that has been in your area for a long time - managers like to move around constantly
many teams are divided since chrysler reformed their assembly lines
hard to get hired in, you will have to be a temp/part time until a full time position opens and
there is no job security with that and hours are not guaranteed
difficult to get fired from, you will find yourself working with people who just dont care

Advice to Senior Managementeverything about chrysler is overall great, between safety and productivity. The biggest concerns are it is impressively hard to work into management, team leaders should have some basic qualifications and at least an interview and a good history of work ethics from the people around them instead of "highest seniority". There also needs to be stricter ways to get rid or punish lazy people who are constantly halting production because they don't care or not paying attention( wondering around and not doing their job at all). I find myself a hard worker coming from construction and would do anything to help my team if needed and that is just not the mentality of many people there(which I blame team leaders and group leaders for not keeping a set rules for everyone)

Pays the bills

Production Worker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chrysler part-time for more than 8 years

ProsDecent money for a tier 2 employee which is hard to find in my location with out a degree
Part time employees get overtime after 8 hours and time and a half on Saturdays, good while pursuing education.

ConsChange work schedule often
Repetitive work
management doesn't know how to run things
Put band aids on things rather than fix them correctly
Unless you have A shift your schedule sucks A= Mon-Thurs 6am to 430 pm B= Wed-Sat 6pm- 430am C= Mon+Tues 6pm-430am Fri+Sat 6am-430pm
Union is not that great
Could keep going but......

Advice to Senior ManagementTotally fire everyone and start fresh with management. Get some good fresh talent to help generate ideas. Take some risks on fixing machinery, it may stall production in short term but pay off in the long run.

Great place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUnion benefits and representation. Great health benefits

ConsLimited advancement for union, hourly personnel

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the degree requirements for managementpositions and hire fromwithin

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chrysler auto worker

Auto Assembler (Current Employee)
Belvidere, IL

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for less than a year

ProsSalary, health coverage, union, profit sharing

Conslimited advancement opportunities, no vision or dental coverage for 3 years, physical

Maintenance

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of challenges to to improve the business... Satifaction when a problem goes away.

ConsUpper mangagment micro manages and and does not drawon the midle management strenghts. They draw on the strong supervisors and the week (no productive) just float along.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to the people a draw on the peoples strenghts to help in the business

Luck of the draw

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than a year

Prospay, bonuses, overtime, union representation, some good people there, you work so much that your job becomes your life, great middle class blue collar atmosphere

Consdependent on a fluctuating car market, managers only want to keep assembly line moving even if quality issues exist, then you get in trouble for not addressing them. very fast paced. training is not very extensive, you better hope you get your job down in a week. union and management constantly fighting, very unprofessional environment, but it is a factor environment so go figure.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the employees

Proud worker building a good product

I have been working at Chrysler

ProsEnjoyed my job, my supervisors were fair because I worked hard. If you work hard and do your job, you will be praised and rewarded. If you are one who follows the union rules to a "T" and does not want to do 1 step beyond when your boss occasionally asks you for the good of the company and the customer, you may have issues with your supervisor.

ConsOther employees who were not fulfilling their share of the job need to be removed, this makes it unfair and frustrating for those who are working hard on the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementChrysler "blacklists" employees. If you have worked there in the past, good luck getting a job there in the future.

Chrysler Belvidere Assembly Plant, Belvidere IL

I have been working at Chrysler

ProsThe best reason for me working at Chrysler is the money. I am a so-called Tier One worker, so I make a very good, living wage as well as having very good benefits (health insurance, paid holidays & vacations, etc.).

ConsThe worst thing about working at Chrysler on the assembly line is the toll it takes on the body. It is (obviously) repetitive, physical labor. Plus, it is extremely boring work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of communication from management is legendary, and there is no sign of that changing. Morale is no longer even acknowledged as worth tracking, much less improving. I have no contact with senior management, but I hope it is more competent than middle and lower management. The supervisors (aka Group Leaders, aka Business Unit Leaders, or BULs) leave much to be desired as bosses. They mostly fall into two categories: Self Promoting or Self Preserving. There is little to no positive feedback. There is no indication of a concerted effort by the BULs to move the company as a whole in a particular direction. The teams they oversee are disjointed and lack unity because of a lack of substantial leadership. There is no singleness of purpose displayed by their attitudes or actions. This is no way to run a company. My advice would be for middle management to be individually reviewed (and replaced, if need be) and corporately retrained toward unified company goals, with an emphasis on positive interaction with co-workers. If you want more from people, treat them more like people.

Chrysler Group LLC a good place to work?

Team Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at Chrysler

ProsDuring my 15 year employment with Chrysler I was treated fairly. Chrysler gave individuals a great chance for advancement based on a individuals passion, talent and education provided you left the union workforce.

ConsChrysler is at a volatile point in its existance. Increased competion from rivals carmakers notably for Asian countries (Japan, Korean and soon China) as well as a weak economy have left American carmakers in a precarious position. I left due to this fact. I'm 35 and currently lack the education to transition to another job with such benefits as well as maintain my current lifestyle. So I found it best to leave get my education while I'm still relatively young.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the leadership at Chrysler Group LLC would be to improve communication with its subordinates. This is crucial to any business, who knows the products best than those who produce from the bottom up. Invert the pyramid. Chrysler employees at all levels must bring the passion to produce the best vehicles to market.

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!

Chrysler – Why Work for Us?

Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, FIAT and Mopar vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chrysler reviews and ratings in Belvidere, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Chrysler employees.