Chrysler

Sergio Marchionne

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Blessing

Belvidere, IL

ProsThe pay, benefits and retirement. There is a lot of different people so finding people you work well with and sticking with them helps <3 I have been fortunate enough to be placed in a great department.

ConsAttendance policy very strict but I do understand but I think they need to give a couple more extra days a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality should always come first not quantity..

Middle and lower Management have a lot to be desired.

Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Belvidere, IL

ProsUnion representation and protection. Job security. Great pay (if you're first tier). Good benefits. Decent people to work with. Build great products.

ConsArrogance and self aggrandizement seem to be the rule of thumb among the lower management tier.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize you DON'T know more than the people you're trying to lead and listen to good advice from the floor.

Chrysler Manufacturing review

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Belvidere, IL

ProsGreat Pay, can be rewarding at times

ConsVery little assistance from upper management, always so busy that you can never do things the right way. Upper management wants you to document everything you do, rather than doing it. You spend five times the amount of time documenting what you do on a daily basis then it took the time to do, and can be very frustrating

Advice to Senior ManagementAssist your floor supervisor and reduce the amount of work proofing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chrysler sucks

Electrical Tech (Current Employee)
    Belvidere, IL

ProsOnly good thing is the wages

Conswait 3 years for full benefits, lousy work schedule, managers screaming at other people over the radio.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people as an asset rather than a liability

Overall great company

Belvidere, IL

ProsJobs are not overly difficult and well balanced
    overtime hours are available
    difficult to get fired from
    decently easy to switch jobs once you get some seniority
    once hired in guaranteed hours no matter if they send you home early

Conshard to get promoted to management (seniority system)
    it's a hit or miss if you will get a manager that has been in your area for a long time - managers like to move around constantly
    many teams are divided since chrysler reformed their assembly lines
    hard to get hired in, you will have to be a temp/part time until a full time position opens and
    there is no job security with that and hours are not guaranteed
    difficult to get fired from, you will find yourself working with people who just dont care

Advice to Senior Managementeverything about chrysler is overall great, between safety and productivity. The biggest concerns are it is impressively hard to work into management, team leaders should have some basic qualifications and at least an interview and a good history of work ethics from the people around them instead of "highest seniority". There also needs to be stricter ways to get rid or punish lazy people who are constantly halting production because they don't care or not paying attention( wondering around and not doing their job at all). I find myself a hard worker coming from construction and would do anything to help my team if needed and that is just not the mentality of many people there(which I blame team leaders and group leaders for not keeping a set rules for everyone)

Pays the bills

Production Worker (Current Employee)
    Belvidere, IL

ProsDecent money for a tier 2 employee which is hard to find in my location with out a degree
    Part time employees get overtime after 8 hours and time and a half on Saturdays, good while pursuing education.

ConsChange work schedule often
    Repetitive work
    management doesn't know how to run things
    Put band aids on things rather than fix them correctly
    Unless you have A shift your schedule sucks A= Mon-Thurs 6am to 430 pm B= Wed-Sat 6pm- 430am C= Mon+Tues 6pm-430am Fri+Sat 6am-430pm
    Union is not that great
    Could keep going but......

Advice to Senior ManagementTotally fire everyone and start fresh with management. Get some good fresh talent to help generate ideas. Take some risks on fixing machinery, it may stall production in short term but pay off in the long run.

Great place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there.

Belvidere, IL

ProsUnion benefits and representation. Great health benefits

ConsLimited advancement for union, hourly personnel

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the degree requirements for managementpositions and hire fromwithin

Chrysler auto worker

Auto Assembler (Current Employee)
    Belvidere, IL

ProsSalary, health coverage, union, profit sharing

Conslimited advancement opportunities, no vision or dental coverage for 3 years, physical

Maintenance

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Belvidere, IL

ProsLots of challenges to to improve the business... Satifaction when a problem goes away.

ConsUpper mangagment micro manages and and does not drawon the midle management strenghts. They draw on the strong supervisors and the week (no productive) just float along.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to the people a draw on the peoples strenghts to help in the business

Luck of the draw

Belvidere, IL

Prospay, bonuses, overtime, union representation, some good people there, you work so much that your job becomes your life, great middle class blue collar atmosphere

Consdependent on a fluctuating car market, managers only want to keep assembly line moving even if quality issues exist, then you get in trouble for not addressing them. very fast paced. training is not very extensive, you better hope you get your job down in a week. union and management constantly fighting, very unprofessional environment, but it is a factor environment so go figure.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the employees

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!

Chrysler Videos

Chrysler – Why Work for Us?

​ Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group’s product lineup features some of the world's most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300 and Town & Country, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Dart, Ram… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chrysler reviews and ratings in Belvidere, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Chrysler employees.