Chrysler

Chrysler Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne

Sergio Marchionne

Pros
  • Decent pay and benefits but eroding over time(in 16 reviews)

• Great people to work with in Procurement and Supply(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is a challenge as the company continues to expand(in 16 reviews)

• Long hours and lot of mandatory overtime make for difficult family life(in 19 reviews)

Middle and lower Management have a lot to be desired.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Belvidere, IL

ProsUnion representation and protection. Job security. Great pay (if you're first tier). Good benefits. Decent people to work with. Build great products.

ConsArrogance and self aggrandizement seem to be the rule of thumb among the lower management tier.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize you DON'T know more than the people you're trying to lead and listen to good advice from the floor.

Rewarding but tough place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsNew powertrains are being produced at break neck speeds gives you the opportunity to learn at a very fast rate

ConsNot enough managers and engineers to manage daily production, WCM projects, and cover the alternate work schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a large disconnect between CTC and the plants. The stress on managers in the plants is apparent and we will be soon losing very valuable people due to working environment in our manufacturing facilities.

Good to start your career

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood people, all engineering people are under one roof.

Consa bit disorganised but they are adding many processes now which is improving co-ordination amond departments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chrysler

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsNice company car program. Decent benefits.

...........................................................................................................................................

ConsRaises and promotions are hard to come by. People don't develop expertise and competencies because they are forced to change jobs in order to get raises.

.....................................

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the right people in the right job and compensate them accordingly. Development and providing challenging opportunities to your employees can still be provided in a constant job or environment.

Classic and Wonderful

Civic Relations and Community Engagement (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat, inclusive work environment
    Awesome Intern opportunities
    Plenty of chances to learn
    Flexible schedule
    Great management
    Competitive Salary

ConsOnboarding activities are trite
    Parking can be far if you don't drive a company car
    The facility is HUGE -- can be overwhelming
    Computer Systems, Dashboard is complicated and not user-friendly
    Antiquated corporate environment: offices are silent, no kitchens or lounges for employees

Work at Chrysler was overall a good experience

Dimensional Engineer (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThe people are friendly and the work is fun. You get to solve problems and immediately see if the took effect in the line.

ConsSome times work is long and you work on the weekend too if they are running production then. Also, sometimes difficult to meet annual objectives.

so far so good

Prosi like it here so far

Consi'm not sure if this is where I want to work full time yet

Great Place To Work

Emc Engineer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsI learned a lot working at Chrysler. They give you the chance to move around and experience many different jobs.

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior Managementgood job

Good experience

Compiler (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood company with strong values such as hard work and integrity.

ConsInstances when co-workers were unfriendly

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more familiar with employees

Blessing

Assembly Worker (Current Employee) Belvidere, IL

ProsThe pay, benefits and retirement. There is a lot of different people so finding people you work well with and sticking with them helps <3 I have been fortunate enough to be placed in a great department.

ConsAttendance policy very strict but I do understand but I think they need to give a couple more extra days a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality should always come first not quantity..

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!