Chrysler

Chrysler Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne

Sergio Marchionne

Pros
  • Decent pay and benefits but eroding over time(in 16 reviews)

• Great people to work with in Procurement and Supply(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is a challenge as the company continues to expand(in 17 reviews)

• Long hours and lot of mandatory overtime make for difficult family life(in 19 reviews)

Leading change and process improvements, as a project manager and SAP Basis Manager

SAP Basis Manager (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsIf you like cars/trucks, and like constant change, then this is the place for you. Interesting people, and challenging projects will bring out the best in those wishing to improve, professionally and personally.

ConsWork/life balance is not really considered important. They are making improvements, but have a long way to go. Cyclical market for cars will have you earning great rewards for a few years, then massive cuts for a couple. Instability in the market does not provide for much job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect work/life balance, and pay people for what thy work. Don't expect salaried employees to work 60 hours a week for a 40-hour paycheck. Provide a less disparaging bonus plan, where professionals earn within 20% of the top executives (ie. 10% bonus for professionals, and then 30% would be max for executives, instead of 100% or more).

Chrysler

ProsVery dynamic place to work

ConsSometimes it can be a real cu-throat environment

This is a very demanding job.

Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) Warren, MI

Prosgreat pay and they will pay for school.

Consyou will work lots of hours and work in a very fast pace enviroment

Advice to Senior Managementthe job of a Maintenance Supervisor is not to do hours and hours of paper work. we should be working with our employes to plan for releases and to come up with great ideas on how to inprove the OLE of the plant.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internship Experience

Order to Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsChrysler diligently works to give you real experience within the you desired function in the company. Your projects are meant to not only better the company, but also better your ability to problem solve on your feet.

ConsOften times your superior may down play your abilities and not give you roles that will challenge your ability to problem solve.

A great place to start my career in engineering.

Contractor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsFriendly atmosphere, nothing really to complain about.

ConsNot sure if they'll be hiring anytime soon

a good place to work,

Auto Assembler (Former Employee) Fenton, MO

Prosa daily routine and good people to work with. The people that are around you make all the difference in the world. Mostly upbeat and friendly.

Consi was just another worker on the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best managers were those that treated everyone the same and had no favorites

36 years in Powertrain Engineering

Senior Professor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsCompany gives good opportunities .to all

ConsHard work many hour above 40

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions on time.

God

Buyer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood benefits, good vacation and work from home package

ConsManagement changes frequently.

Frustrating.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsRelaxed environment most of the time, some of the best co-workers I've ever had. Good relationship with immediate supervisor. Work is interesting and challenging. Union protection.

ConsWages are just okay. It seems to be that the only way to get a pay increase is to wait it out and put your time in. Too much confusion on practices and policies. Mid and upper level management quickly lose sight of what it takes to do the jobs of those they manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive merit-based wage increases to the hard-working and highly skilled employees who care about the future of the company. Realize that inspiration must come from the top on down, and weed out the employees that become a cancer to the work environment.

Dont expect any training from this company

ProsOne thing I like about chrysler were the Benefits

ConsManagament needs to learn how to communicate effectively to there staff

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't throw your supervisors under the bus. What goes around comes around

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!