Chrysler

Chrysler Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne

Sergio Marchionne

Pros
  • Decent pay and benefits but eroding over time(in 16 reviews)

• Great people to work with in Procurement and Supply(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is a challenge as the company continues to expand(in 16 reviews)

• Long hours and lot of mandatory overtime make for difficult family life(in 19 reviews)

A great place to start my career in engineering.

Contractor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsFriendly atmosphere, nothing really to complain about.

ConsNot sure if they'll be hiring anytime soon

a good place to work,

Auto Assembler (Former Employee) Fenton, MO

Prosa daily routine and good people to work with. The people that are around you make all the difference in the world. Mostly upbeat and friendly.

Consi was just another worker on the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best managers were those that treated everyone the same and had no favorites

36 years in Powertrain Engineering

Senior Professor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsCompany gives good opportunities .to all

ConsHard work many hour above 40

Advice to Senior ManagementMake decisions on time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place To Work

Emc Engineer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsI learned a lot working at Chrysler. They give you the chance to move around and experience many different jobs.

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior Managementgood job

Worked at Chrysler total of 20 years now

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat culture, Fitness center on site, lots of opportunities currently (but automotive is cyclic). As challenging as you want to make it.

ConsLong drive for me. Raises are tough to get, but still payed similar to the market from what I can tell.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more marketing towards great engineers. Not enough excitement being generated for how great the company is.

Chrysler Technical Center is a nice place to work.

Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsFlexible timing, all engineering labs are under one roof. One gets a good exposure to the vehicle development process. Good employee friendly facilities at Chrysler Technical Center.

ConsGetting parking spot is difficult if you happen to come late like 09:00am. It's further worse if own a competitor vehicle like Honda, GM, Ford, Nissan etc. FIAT, who owns now Chrysler, of course is ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake training classes little more effective.

Great work environment.

Automotive Interior Designer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsEveryone is a team player within the group the same end resulting in a quality product. Ability to work closely with Engineers and senior management. Excellent training.

ConsI was contracted into Chrysler and didn't have access to some information. Work-life balance was perfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire me direct!

Great Company to work at with great pay!

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsThe pay. The job satisfaction, opportunity, and many really talented employees.

ConsYou can work for a bad boss sometimes. If you are a great employee in your current role, sometimes you are held back from opportunities. It took me over a year to change assignments because my Management could not find a "suitable" back-fill for my job.

We waste money by outsourcing work that should be done in-house. We need to step up our efforts with Document Management Control and 3D facility layouts at our plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting bad managers who have "connections". Listen more to the talented experts who know what they are doing. Promote and utilize your talent from within. Stop outsourcing work and paying millions to achieve very poor & inaccurate results. Much better to perform the work internally using your skilled employees who care about our bottom line.

One of the top three in state to work at

Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsA++ benefits top notch pay ongoing training to maintain an up to date workforce

ConsMay be on an off shift for quite a while and work Saturdays

Great company, but like any large company, strange decisions on management and leadership positions.

AREA SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPay, car and a lot of opportunities

ConsRegional management is uninspiring. Director is not a strong leader. Should be an analyst. Work life balance is all work.

Advice to Senior Managementgive us leaders to follow

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!