Chrysler Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.3

Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne
Sergio Marchionne

Pros
  • Decent pay and benefits but eroding over time (in 16 reviews)

• Great people to work with in Procurement and Supply (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is a challenge as the company continues to expand (in 17 reviews)

• Long hours and lot of mandatory overtime make for difficult family life (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Lack of Career growth for amount of experience and level of education

Current Employee - Senior Level Professional  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Level Professional in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wide variety of experience in automotive engineering and many great people.

Cons

Must be a member of the "buddy club" to see career advancement. Many promotions based on personal development rather than the most qualified and knowledgeable person for that particular position.

none

Only as good as the person or persons you work for.

Current Employee - Release Engineer  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Release Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved the freedom to experiment in design. I was exposed to many different facets of auto development, testing, and production.

Cons

Hated the backstabbing and poor employee management. While learning the different facets, I was penalized at review time for not knowing them already. Although I had one of the most trouble-free designs in the group, this was not acknowledged, which destroyed my morale here.

Train your supervisors in how to treat people. Your ethics training is spot on, but your managers fail miserably in its application.

no pressure by management

I have been working at Chrysler

Pros

there is lots of overtime.

Cons

employee Moral is low there.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First 20 years was great....last 10 were hell....company changed hands twice and it keeps getting worse

Former Employee - Low Level Management  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Low Level Management in Detroit, MI

I worked at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Co-workers were a great group to work with...we made the best of a bad situation.

Cons

You are treated like cattle...have a heart attack at work and they drag your body out of the way and literally put someone else in your job and let you lay there while they wait for the ambulance to arrive....not much chance of surviving that!

Treat your employees with a little respect...put a system in place for advancement within the company

Very dysfunctional, poor management at middle and higher level

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Chrysler as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

good name recognition for the brand outside, good compensation, large organization if you want to work with lots of people

Cons

dysfunction everywhere, management is bad at almost all levels. middle managers are too afraid to report problems to the higher level management. blame the messenger kind of attitude prevails most of the time.

Started off well. Got lots of kudos. Lately, have been treated unfairly because of age and discrimination.

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Like co-workers. Camaraderie is excellent.

Cons

Unless you are young, and totally inexperienced, and you don't know any better, no possibility of getting ahead with the company.

Get a clue. Your older experienced staff is your biggest asset.

Overall a satisfying experience.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Chrysler as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great team of interns. Most employees were willing to help interns learn the ropes.

Cons

Corporate politics. Some full time employees didn't appreciate having interns around. Also engineers got to take cars for the weekend and Supply Chain interns did not.

I worked in the Production Control Department in the Trenton Engine Complex in Trenton, Michigan.

Former Employee - Materials Area Supervisor  in  Trenton, MI
    Former Employee - Materials Area Supervisor in Trenton, MI

I worked at Chrysler as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I would work there because there's a great opportunity for promotion and the salary is great. The training is relatively thorough and you'll receive support.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to get things done in the beaurocratic environment. It's a very large facility with a lot of moving parts and it can be difficult.

I would recommend focusing on adding resources to making job completion easier.

Great company if you're willing to blaze your own trail

Current Employee - Development Engineer  in  Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Development Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere compared to other OEM's. Allows you to pursue opportunities that may be outside of your work scope. Organization is flat which allows you to work directly with upper management and build networks quickly. Hard work does yield fast recognition here. Company is small enough where news travels fast.

Cons

Company's lack of core solid processes allow people who may not have a "go get it" attitude to fall between the cracks. Promotions happen by performance and networks.....mostly networks. Technical/dry personalities may struggle here if their goal is to rise to upper management. Career development will be 100%your responsibility. Nobody will do it for you. The working experience here is COMPLETELY based upon who your director or VP is. Different organizations are like totally different companies. Blocking of employees attempting to go from one organization to another happens often.

Weed out executives who run their organizations like an empire. Fear can not be a core tool in running an organization. Only works when the economy is slow. But as it rises, people will leave for greener pastures, which is not good for the company or the customer.

Great Company to Work for!!! I have been very pleased with my employment thus far.

Current Employee - Vehicle Test Supervisor  in  Chelsea, MI
    Current Employee - Vehicle Test Supervisor in Chelsea, MI

I have been working at Chrysler full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is great and so are the people. Being a supervisor I can tell you that there are many growth opportunities once you get your foot in the door.

Cons

Be prepared to work a lot of potential overtime. They pay you well for your time spent here, but the time commitment must be there on your part.

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!