Chuck E. Cheese's

Updated September 17, 2014
2.9

Chuck E. Cheese's CEO Tom Leverton
Tom Leverton

Pros
  • great for meeting new people and getting some job experience if its your first job (in 11 reviews)

• You get free food but its not quite worth it if you've tasted it (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Having done the jobs, they were absolutely not worth minimum wage (in 15 reviews)

• The company doesn't have a chance of succeeding with current upper management in place (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Team 2 Trainer

Former Employee - Team II Trainer  in  Superior, CO
    Former Employee - Team II Trainer in Superior, CO

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This was an excellent first job, I can't complain. When I first started in September 2011, they trained me on everything I needed to know. I was working in the dining room area, (aka kid check, and cashier) I watched the front doors mainly and made sure that every family who came together, left together. Eventually I got promoted to a Team 2 trainer, which is a lot better than a cast team member. You get free employee meals, (ONLY during your shift) you can't just walk in anytime and get it for free all though you can use your 50% off. I forgot to say you get 50% off anything in the store which is useful in a way. Managers where awesome and taught me a lot. They can be rough on you some times, but that's only to boost your confidence more and so you can learn new things. I would say this is a great first job for any young teenager out there and who can handle working along side with kids ALL day long. Also, everyone is required to wake up Chuck, and either preform birthday shows, or just walk around the store and greet kids and dance. It's really fun but gets really sweaty in that costume.

Cons

I never really got that much hours and they did cut hours and send people home when times are slow and that happened a lot. Also, you have to clean the bathrooms and it's the most disgusting thing you will have to deal with in your life. But hey, it's good learning experience still none-the-less. During the winter, it gets EXTREMELY busy and if your kid check that's the most stress fullest part of the job. When they run out of tables, they have to go on wait and wait on tables. Sometimes we get so busy that people start to line up in the parking lot, which causes people to become cranky, just a heads up. But that was the really only bad thing and stressful part of the job. Sometimes in the winter, during closing you could be ending up there really late. The latest time I've ever gotten out of there was 1AM, no joke. But hey it's more hours for you!

The management was great, but they could of done a lot better of a job about communicating with people. The manager would usually just talk behind your back of what you are doing wrong, rather than addressing the issue and trying to improve you. When it got busy, they would be very agitated. They would take things out on you even though their policy is "leave it out the door." Sometimes they would also hide in the office and not help when it was needed most.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff, family-like atmosphere, keeps you on your feet, working directly with kids.

Cons

Guests don't appreciate the hard work put in to make their experience memorable. Often times you are chastised for things out of your control by parents.

Supervise training. I had to train myself.

Low pay, hard work, but not horrible

Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a cashier, and I loved working with people. I got to meet/remember the regulars.
    Scheduling was pretty flexible--easily add or drop hours.
    Management was good.

Cons

low pay; getting a raise is a chore and then it's more of a joke. It's a dead end job.
    The hours can be hard if you're in high school/college, but it's a starting job from a chain so you can't expect much.

Pay more; the work is worth it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a good job but now its changed

Current Employee - Technical Manager  in  Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I would not look for any now things have changed

Cons

over the last year they have changed hour so that my home life is being to greatly effected

Assistant Manager: Fun job, but treated poorly

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  North Bergen, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in North Bergen, NJ

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees are great, that is the real saving grace to working here. A lot of cool kids coming through that could use advise from someone a bit older. Free food was a nice perk, along with vacation and sick days.

Cons

No consideration for your life outside of work and unrealistic standards. Hours are all over the place (leave at 1am, be back at 7am) and with a small management team, don't even think about calling out sick. Standards are very high, they don't give you the manpower to make the store to their standard. It was always a battle of prioritizing what could get done and get reprimanded for what couldn't. Also held what couldn't against me as a reason to deny a raise (one of the major reasons for ending employment) after a year and a half did not even offer a raise.

Standardize raises and adjust manpower/standards to reasonable limits. If you want the store to sparkle, you must give your managers the means to get it done.

Horrible horrible job

Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant  in  Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant in Conyers, GA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for less than a year

Pros

if you like doing back breaking work for minimum wage then you have a con
    If you like hanging around children

Cons

traning, literally no hours, you get sent home all the time, my paycheck was over $100 only because they messed up my first paycheck

If you like to work on your weekends....it's perfect

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  West Long Branch, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in West Long Branch, NJ

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Playing with the kids was awesome.

Cons

Requesting time off was next to impossible, especially in a managerial position.

gameroom

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's

Pros

none horrid bad painful drag

Cons

horrible no support lacked staff

This job was a first job but a terrible one

Former Employee - Party Host  in  Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Party Host in Corona, CA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pros of working for Chuck e cheese is that your day really got your mind off the things that were going on in your personal life. It was also very satisfying getting the grateful customers that really enjoyed your presence.

Cons

Where do I even start with cons? Management was awful , I had many sick days due to my illness . I told my manager my Illness when I first got hired and she had no problem with it and told me that we would work around it if there was ever a problem. In the end that manager would go and tell other employees how terrible I was as an employee. She would also cuss in a kid oriented area. I believe that professionalism is a must in a work area and cussing is not the way to make yourself look professional. Got many job offers just by my personality by working there .

Better management

Unrealistic expectations

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to improve guests' days
    Schedule fairly flexible
    Guaranteed hours
    Free meals on work days
    You'll lose a lot of weight from how much you need to move daily

Cons

High stress
    Poor benefits and pay
    Little opportunity for advancement
    Unrealistic expectations - you literally have to run yourself ragged and pass on these expectations to your workers. I always felt guilty requiring so much of people trying to pay their rent on so little money.

Show your appreciation in a monetary way - pins and plaques don't pay bills

Worked for Chuck E. Cheese's? Contribute to the Community!