Chuck E. Cheese's

2.9

Chuck E. Cheese's CEO Tom Leverton
Tom Leverton
1 Rating

Pros
  • great for meeting new people and getting some job experience if its your first job (in 12 reviews)

• You get free food but its not quite worth it if you've tasted it (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The company doesn't have a chance of succeeding with current upper management in place (in 17 reviews)

• Having done the jobs, they were absolutely not worth minimum wage (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

good job bad management

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Longview, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Longview, TX

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's for more than 8 years

Pros

good hours, good customers, good pay

Cons

change of management made for a difficult job

they need to listen to all sides of the pancake instead of just one

Decent job, Good pay

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese's

Pros

good pay and hours are ok

Cons

company doesn't invest much in its employees

Limited Decision Making

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Secure, great HR policies, supervisors and executives actually WANT employees to have fun at work. Upper management seems to care about its employees.

Cons

So much pressure on supervisors that HR polices are sometimes not followed. Pay scale is well below the market. Upper Management likes to make all the decisions, resulting in unhappy customers as you are not allowed to help them the way they want to be helped.

Learn your own HR policies, treat employees like you'd like your own family members to be treated on the job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great first job

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's

Pros

Great customer service experience
    Good co-workers
    Good customers
    Very very fast paced

Cons

Pay isn't that great, unless you are a party hostess (you make a normal hourly wage plus tips)

Team 2 Trainer

Former Employee - Team II Trainer  in  Superior, CO
    Former Employee - Team II Trainer in Superior, CO

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This was an excellent first job, I can't complain. When I first started in September 2011, they trained me on everything I needed to know. I was working in the dining room area, (aka kid check, and cashier) I watched the front doors mainly and made sure that every family who came together, left together. Eventually I got promoted to a Team 2 trainer, which is a lot better than a cast team member. You get free employee meals, (ONLY during your shift) you can't just walk in anytime and get it for free all though you can use your 50% off. I forgot to say you get 50% off anything in the store which is useful in a way. Managers where awesome and taught me a lot. They can be rough on you some times, but that's only to boost your confidence more and so you can learn new things. I would say this is a great first job for any young teenager out there and who can handle working along side with kids ALL day long. Also, everyone is required to wake up Chuck, and either preform birthday shows, or just walk around the store and greet kids and dance. It's really fun but gets really sweaty in that costume.

Cons

I never really got that much hours and they did cut hours and send people home when times are slow and that happened a lot. Also, you have to clean the bathrooms and it's the most disgusting thing you will have to deal with in your life. But hey, it's good learning experience still none-the-less. During the winter, it gets EXTREMELY busy and if your kid check that's the most stress fullest part of the job. When they run out of tables, they have to go on wait and wait on tables. Sometimes we get so busy that people start to line up in the parking lot, which causes people to become cranky, just a heads up. But that was the really only bad thing and stressful part of the job. Sometimes in the winter, during closing you could be ending up there really late. The latest time I've ever gotten out of there was 1AM, no joke. But hey it's more hours for you!

The management was great, but they could of done a lot better of a job about communicating with people. The manager would usually just talk behind your back of what you are doing wrong, rather than addressing the issue and trying to improve you. When it got busy, they would be very agitated. They would take things out on you even though their policy is "leave it out the door." Sometimes they would also hide in the office and not help when it was needed most.

Awesome

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's

Pros

Pretty Fun environment to be around. Customers were usually very friendly. Employees got along and made it a Better experience .

Cons

Can get pretty hectic most of the time. Sometimes you get very low hours, depending on which one you work at.

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great staff, family-like atmosphere, keeps you on your feet, working directly with kids.

Cons

Guests don't appreciate the hard work put in to make their experience memorable. Often times you are chastised for things out of your control by parents.

Supervise training. I had to train myself.

Low pay, hard work, but not horrible

Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant  in  Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a cashier, and I loved working with people. I got to meet/remember the regulars.
    Scheduling was pretty flexible--easily add or drop hours.
    Management was good.

Cons

low pay; getting a raise is a chore and then it's more of a joke. It's a dead end job.
    The hours can be hard if you're in high school/college, but it's a starting job from a chain so you can't expect much.

Pay more; the work is worth it.

its a joke. Don't reccomend it.

Former Employee - Gameroom  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Gameroom in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Kidchecks easy af,you don't do nun but stand there, stamp them in and check them out. You can also play games and get 50% discount on food.

Cons

Too much work for minimum wage. They take forever to give you a raise and there's rude customers who don't appreciate anything and complain about our prices

YOU GUYS NEED TO STEP UP YOUR GAME WITH THAT LOW PAY. NO ONE WANTS TO WORK FOR 7.25 AND CLEAN RESTROOMS AND THROW UPS.. TOO MUCH.

Horrible horrible job

Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant  in  Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier & Prize Attendant in Conyers, GA

I worked at Chuck E. Cheese's part-time for less than a year

Pros

if you like doing back breaking work for minimum wage then you have a con
    If you like hanging around children

Cons

traning, literally no hours, you get sent home all the time, my paycheck was over $100 only because they messed up my first paycheck

Worked for Chuck E. Cheese's? Contribute to the Community!