Chuck Latham Associates

Awesome Company!

Former Employee - Assisted Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Assisted Sales Representative

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management cares about their employees all the way up to Chuck, the CEO. Great bonus program, incentives, etc! Flexible schedule and very little supervision!!! Get to be around pets, while meeting new people, and making a little extra money. OVERALL AMAZING!

Cons

This role isn't for everyone. You have to want to work weekends and be ok with the fact that this position is a SUPPLEMENTAL income with very little supervision. You get packages to your house each month to read up on products...too much paper in my opinion.

Don't use so much paper when sending out monthly packets.

Great supplemental income but a little flexibility needed in scheduling.

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates

Pros

I enjoyed the job. I was able to meet and interact with many different pets and pet parents. I was able to help pet parents make sound choices regarding various and see how they helped the pets. I was also impressed with the pay as it was a great rate for a part time supplemental income.

Cons

The training was non existent. I was given. O direction and didn't anyone from my team until I had been there 6 weeks. The communication also needs improvement. They try everything through email but a phone followup would be nice. The scheduling was done 8 weeks in advance which made it difficult to try and plan something out becuase i do not always have a schedule done 2 months in advance.Finally the product I was hired to do the parent company suddenly broke the contract and we were basically given no notice or call to explain what was going on, just all the assignments I had scheduled were gone. So the lack of communication is really troubling.

Learn to communicate and explain what is going on more especially when it comes to people losing their jobs etc. Also try and make sure that training is done and have a mentor or work buddy at least for the first shift or two.

OK Company

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time for more than a year

Pros

Make your own schedule which is good

Cons

Management lacks qualified team players

Hire better Managers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great great

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates full-time

Pros

Enjoyed it much love to be hear every day all day

Cons

Nothing I can say of no complaints at all

Do your job and enjoy doing it to the fullest

Great Experience

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management and Collaboration is great

Cons

All their eggs in one basket

NOT for me

Former Employee - PNC
    Former Employee - PNC

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

Being around pets,hourly wage was nice. I did enjoy the actual tasks of the job,etc.

Cons

They weren't honest about the true level of flexibioity. Also , often felt like management was using a not professional tone in emails ,and being quite rude. To top if off you only work 8 hour a weekend,you just cant live on that.

I recommend doing hands on training right away with an employee,allowing an employee to work any 4 hour chunk of time they want on designated days. I also recommend only one manager NOT 3 contacting an employee when there is a problem.

Offered job, had funny feeling, turned it down

Former Employee - Field Representative  in  Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time for less than a year

Pros

After much thought I turned down the job

Cons

For the amount of money they were going to pay, over 8 hours, I would take home MAYBE 75 bucks. They seemed friendly on the phone and in emails. The amount of paperwork to start is ridiculous. I was going to work 2 miles from my house. I was not comfortable having to provide my insurance declaration info, etc. It was as though the background check were more stringent than getting top level security clearance.

Sure I love pets and this would have been fun, but I had a funny gut feeling and I wound up just saying no thanks. Now that I read about having to provide my own tablet, etc, that sort of validates my thoughts that this wasn't a good choice.

Lighten up! Make less paperwork for what is essentially an independent contractor who is really not paid all that much when you think about it.

Part Time Positions

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time

Pros

Colleagues are friendly. Work is interesting. Middle management is helpful and supportive.

Cons

No benefits were offered. Upper Management is scattered adbot communicative. They have issues with changing directives and not setting expectations at the expensive of the staff. Pay is low.

I enjoyed my time with the company.

Former Employee - Nutrition Consultant and Merchandiser  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Nutrition Consultant and Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Learning about dog and cat food.

Cons

Part-time. I would have stayed if offered a full-time job.

Hire full time people for the job.

Do not work for this company. Ask yourself, "why do they have so many job postings?"

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They love dogs and genuinely want to improve the overall well being of animals

Cons

The company is not the same as it used to be, it used to be great, but now they are trying to grow too fast, and the expectations being put on employees are unrealistic. There is NO work/life balance! Employees are now expected to purchase their own "tablets", which are a requirement of the job, but are not provided by the company. The owner has a private jet and clearly is out of touch with the plight of the average american. A tablet may not be a large expense for him, but it is for the rest of us. In addition to the unrealistic expectations, the company has started treating the employees as disposable. No one has job security and everyone is scared.

Stop treating your employees like numbers and start treating them like human beings again! Listen to them when they say they are unhappy, listen to them when they say they need help. They are not complaining because they are weak, they are trying to grab a lifeline, but you no longer throw them one, you just watch them drown and then replace them. This used to be an amazing company, it saddens me to see how far it has fallen. Good luck repairing what you have done.

Worked for Chuck Latham Associates? Contribute to the Community!