Chuck Latham Associates

Chuck Latham Associates Founder & CEO Chuck Latham
Chuck Latham

Pet Nutrition Specialist

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates

Pros

Flexibility. Better then average salary for weekend part time work. Friendly management.

Cons

Many employees were laid off due to the loss of a big contract from Nestle/Purina

Find new opportunities for employees that got laid off.

Awesome Company!

Former Employee - Assisted Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Assisted Sales Representative

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management cares about their employees all the way up to Chuck, the CEO. Great bonus program, incentives, etc! Flexible schedule and very little supervision!!! Get to be around pets, while meeting new people, and making a little extra money. OVERALL AMAZING!

Cons

This role isn't for everyone. You have to want to work weekends and be ok with the fact that this position is a SUPPLEMENTAL income with very little supervision. You get packages to your house each month to read up on products...too much paper in my opinion.

Don't use so much paper when sending out monthly packets.

Great supplemental income but a little flexibility needed in scheduling.

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates

Pros

I enjoyed the job. I was able to meet and interact with many different pets and pet parents. I was able to help pet parents make sound choices regarding various and see how they helped the pets. I was also impressed with the pay as it was a great rate for a part time supplemental income.

Cons

The training was non existent. I was given. O direction and didn't anyone from my team until I had been there 6 weeks. The communication also needs improvement. They try everything through email but a phone followup would be nice. The scheduling was done 8 weeks in advance which made it difficult to try and plan something out becuase i do not always have a schedule done 2 months in advance.Finally the product I was hired to do the parent company suddenly broke the contract and we were basically given no notice or call to explain what was going on, just all the assignments I had scheduled were gone. So the lack of communication is really troubling.

Learn to communicate and explain what is going on more especially when it comes to people losing their jobs etc. Also try and make sure that training is done and have a mentor or work buddy at least for the first shift or two.

Pet Industry Work

Current Employee - Asssited Sales Representative in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Asssited Sales Representative in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoyable work environment, monthly territory where you make your own schedule Thursday through Sunday. DO your work, keep your customers happy equals almost never talking to your boss.

Cons

Company rarely follow through with new policies. Company did away with monetary bonus program and opted for a points system where employees trade in points for catalogue gifts no one really wants at the point level they have enough points for. One would have to work for the company for 100 years to earn enough points to get anything of value.

Work better at getting new clients and keeping old clients happy. When you start a new policy, for example, the goals and review policy, follow through with it. Many years with the company but I have never had a review. No one appears to care about the field staff here.

Great great

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates full-time

Pros

Enjoyed it much love to be hear every day all day

Cons

Nothing I can say of no complaints at all

Do your job and enjoy doing it to the fullest

Great Experience

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management and Collaboration is great

Cons

All their eggs in one basket

OK Company

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Make your own schedule which is good

Cons

Management lacks qualified team players

Hire better Managers

NOT for me

Former Employee - PNC
    Former Employee - PNC

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Being around pets,hourly wage was nice. I did enjoy the actual tasks of the job,etc.

Cons

They weren't honest about the true level of flexibioity. Also , often felt like management was using a not professional tone in emails ,and being quite rude. To top if off you only work 8 hour a weekend,you just cant live on that.

I recommend doing hands on training right away with an employee,allowing an employee to work any 4 hour chunk of time they want on designated days. I also recommend only one manager NOT 3 contacting an employee when there is a problem.

Great weekend job for pet lovers

Current Employee - Assisted Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Assisted Sales Representative

I have been working at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hiring process was fast and easy. They send the paperwork via FedEx, and give a return envelope so you don't have to worry about that. My DM & head rep are available any time I have questions. All paperwork for the following month jobs are sent out in advance. Website is fairly easy to learn and navigate. They pay for drive time between stores, mileage, and data entry for when you fill out your surveys. Plus you get paid for anything you have to print, and the monthly conference calls. Pay per hour is about average for this time job. The work is easy and I love being surrounded by the different customers with their dogs. Sometimes the companies we represent send us goodies. Oh, and they have changed their stance on the whole tablet thing. I don't have one, but was told that they are going to be sending out tablets to employees that don't have one. After you are employed for 90 days, you get one, and you get to keep it after you are there for 90 more days.

Cons

The hours are somewhat lacking if you don't have many pet stores in your area. I have only 3, + 1 that is almost an hour away.

Offer more hours to your reps when possible.

Offered job, had funny feeling, turned it down

Former Employee - Field Representative in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Chuck Latham Associates part-time (less than an year)

Pros

After much thought I turned down the job

Cons

For the amount of money they were going to pay, over 8 hours, I would take home MAYBE 75 bucks. They seemed friendly on the phone and in emails. The amount of paperwork to start is ridiculous. I was going to work 2 miles from my house. I was not comfortable having to provide my insurance declaration info, etc. It was as though the background check were more stringent than getting top level security clearance.

Sure I love pets and this would have been fun, but I had a funny gut feeling and I wound up just saying no thanks. Now that I read about having to provide my own tablet, etc, that sort of validates my thoughts that this wasn't a good choice.

Lighten up! Make less paperwork for what is essentially an independent contractor who is really not paid all that much when you think about it.