Church Mutual Insurance

Church Mutual Insurance Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Company is undergoing a lot of change.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCo-workers and clients are wonderful. Education encouraged.

ConsLittle support for the field employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementActively listen.

Stay AWAY if your a salesperson!

Reg Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Church Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany car working with churches home based

Consat home field underwriter, secretary, problem solver, with little or no home office help! They tell you to read the manual! No hands on help. Very long sales process , very un-competitive pricing. Little or NO field training. Older manager with NO sales experience . If you want to truly help churches with great service and fair pricing look elsewhere! 70 plus hours a week. NO LIFE! most reps dis-like the company. Sales meetings are complaint secessions !

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize there is more to Life than CMIC......not everyone you hire is a work alcoholic! Honor the churches your service as Gods house not just a money maker! Hire sales manager's that have an ability to SELL!

Keep Looking

Regional Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Church Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany Car. This category requires a 20 word minimum and I can't think of any other pros.

ConsI would not let my worse enemy insure with this company. Leadership does not care about balance. Management will tell you a good Rep prospects by day and does paperwork by night. Base pay is 32K plus .95% in commission on book. New business sales gets you another 10%. This should tell you that the company does not care about service but only new sales. If you enjoy living in a hotel and letting someone else raise your kids this is the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see leadership actually take some classes on how to leave. I left this company for a much better leadership structure. The company I work for now is not perfect but leadership actually cares, they show it in their actions.

Income potential is not what I was promised!

Regional Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany car, 401k, Working with churches can be a positive or negative. Typically nice people but hardly ever available during the work day. Most of the people you need to speak with are volunteers that work full time. So if you enjoy evening phone calls and evening board meetings this will be a positive for you.

ConsDivision Manager was promoted after having less than 2 years experience with the company! Company is moving away from having sales people and into using brokers.
Benefits are good if you live in Merrill WI.
Product is not competitive in either coverage or price.
Underwriters are stuck in a Merrill WI frame of mind and do not seem to be familiar with the real world.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the regional reps enough to be honest with them about the direction of the company. The writing on the wall is pretty clear, it looks like brokers are the wave of the future at CMIC.
Most of the regional reps are currently looking for a better opportunity.

Great family-oriented company that just needs to get past a few hurdles.

Merrill, WI

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance full-time

ProsGreat co-workers
Excellent work/life balance
Opportunity for career advancement in most departments

ConsSlow to catch up to competitors
Limited ability to try new things
Seem to be adding more political hurdles to getting work done

Sales Representative position

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Church Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany car and freedom to manage own schedule

ConsUpper management not open to suggestions. No upward mobility. Rates are not competitive in PA, yet held to same standards as reps from very competitive states.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour sales managers and VP of Sales forget what it is like to be a sales representative since they received their promotions. Quit kissing up to top performers from territories that have little competition (i.e. Texas). Remember you are in the faith-based marketplace, so lead from example.

Excellent niche company with opportunity to grow

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunity to grow, senior management that cares and listens, family oriented, decent benefits, excellent customers, management is working towards and investing in positive change initiatives

ConsLimited customer market, company systems and processes are outdated, culture is very fragmented, some elements of the compensation and benefit package are weak for non-home office positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep eye out for compatible new niche markets, look for innovative employee benefit offerings to attract and keep key talent.

Great place to work...in for the long run...

Merrill, WI

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance

Pros-low turnover
-Home office has fitness center
-over all a great place to work...

Cons-Benefits are not the best

Advice to Senior Managementleadership is great

Working at Church Mutual has been the most fulfilling employment experience of my career.

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance

ProsThis is a company that still retains the human element in decison making. By that I mean that there is real thought and consideration for the impact that tough business decisions have on the lives of customers and employees.

ConsWith it's headquarters located in north central Wisconsin, the company has a challenge in attracting talent from other parts of the country. This has resulted in some limits on advancement opportunities within the company.

No management support of sales force

Regional Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Church Mutual Insurance

Prosfreedom to set your own schedule, company vehicle provided

ConsManagement out of touch with sales force and demands of the job. Management seems to be made up of former sales reps that couldn't wait to get out of sales rep role. They are now pro management and not there for the sales force. Top producers get special treatment.

Advice to Senior Managementgrow a pair

Worked for Church Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Church Mutual Insurance reviews and ratings. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Church Mutual Insurance employees.