Church Pension Group

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

T. Dennis Sullivan

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits and team work

ConsThe politics and not much else

Old Fashioned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits are unmatched - they will pay for school, full medical etc. Plenty of vacation days.
    VERY Diverse
    Company will take care of you if you do your job & show you are willing to learn

ConsGenerally the employees are older - I wouldn't recommend working here if you are young & coming out of college.
    The work is generally boring - company is a good place to bring your experience to at the end of your career

Church Pension Group

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsCertain Departments are very stable to work for.

ConsDon't expect a long term career here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very strange Company,

ProsGood benefits. Able to leave early the day before a holiday. They order lunch a lot because they insist on having meeting during lunch time.

ConsEven though I was a full time employee, they original claimed that there was a 3 month probation after I started they claimed the department I worked for was 4 months. 3 people who held my position either left or where fired. Management is always looking to blame someone for the slightest issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeal with the people who are causing the problems instead of hiring people who can work with those problem employees.

Change in corporate culture is leading to deteriorating work/life balance

ProsOpportunity to be of service to those who help others

ConsLimited opportunity for growth and training

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to non-management employees for valuable feedback and input

Contract workers galore!

Staff Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOvertime is common (in many instances expected) so putting in extra hours is easy.

ConsFalse promises of hiring to full time status. Company is full of contract workers, some there for over 5 years without making it to permanent status.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make promises you can't keep. People make life altering decisions based on these empty promises.

Friendly environment, good sense of community

Staff Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone is really friendly for the most part and upper management makes the effort to make sure employees of all levels know what's going on in the company. Worked part-time, so I can't say much about the pay, but the company has a great employee assistant program and works hard to make sure employees are satisfied. CEO is retiring and upper mgmt has been good about keeping employees updated on the new CEO selection process.

ConsSome members of upper management aren't as friendly and accommodating as others, but that's an issue all companies face. Work can be tedious.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is great on a whole; there's not much to improve. What's important is to sustain their current efforts to keep employees happy and make sure that, even in a bad economy, such practices don't fall by the wayside.

Very different place to work, the people are strange

Pension Operations (Current Employee)

Prosplenty of time off and a great benefit package for all employees

ConsManagement changes often and members of management often ask to borrow money from employees to send overseas to countries that pose a terror threat to the USA

Advice to Senior Managementyour internal battles are known to everyone, it would be nice to see a non gay promoted for a change

Worked for Church Pension Group? Contribute to the Community!