Church & Dwight

Church & Dwight Chairman & CEO James R. Craigie

James R. Craigie

Inventory Clerk

Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) York, PA

ProsPay, people, close to home, advanced operation, give away product to empolyees

Conshours, shift, mandatory overtime, atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people with respect

Great Company

ProsGreat culture, great leadership, great hardworking employees.

ConsWorkload can be a little overwhelming at times. But this is to be expected at any company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what is happening.

transitions are tough

Proslarge company with excellent resources

Consdownsizing the Vancouver plant people losing jobs

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate & be more open with employess

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company has great possibilities but...

ProsProfit Sharing - that's it!

ConsPoor health benefits, low pay, VERY little to no room for advancement, difficult culture, little work life balance

Advice to Senior Managementprovide employees with career opportunities, provide employees with work life balance

C and D just bought us out.

Worker (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsHours are good for me. Room for advancement.

ConsPay is not good at all for all positions on hourly wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hanging out with employees its not professional. Pay more

A Difficult Company Culture

Sales (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsThere are some talented and hard-working people at Church & Dwight. They have a good portfolio of products and categories to work on and they try develop and promote within the organization as best as they can.

ConsThe culture is overall negative, defensive and combative. While different departments in a corporate world are expected to have some conflicting objectives or tensions, at Church & Dwight there was overt dislike and distrust for people, decisions, processes etc. and an exceptionally high degree of complaining and negativity. There was little open-mindedness, interest in learning from co-workers, trying something new or going after big goals. There is also a great deal of time and energy spent comparing and complaining about bigger competitors/manufacturers rather than improving the skills and value of their owen company. The turnover is quite high and there are very few females in manager positions or above.

Good company to work for, though you must control your career development.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood management team that is honest and transparent with employees.
    Good work-life balance and the company provides fun events to encourage being social outside of work.
    Employees are friendly and very helpful. This is not a company for back-stabbing.

ConsBase compensation is lower than average, but the bonus and profit-sharing benefits make up for it.
    It can feel like the boys club at times. If you don't fit in within the first couple of weeks, you won't make it beyond a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more opportunities for career development.

Definite old boy class structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsMost employees were very professional and knowledgeable. Company is well respected and has good products

ConsThe old boy network is definitely status quo at C&D. The employees who do the majority of the work end up supporting the upper management staff who prefer to spend their days golfing. My past boss would leave often because he had to go golfing or just plain had enough for the day. Not a very good impression with employees. Morale at the Princeton campus was extremely low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees not at them and treat them with the respect they deserve. There are many hard-working employees who are overlooked because they aren't part of the elite crowd.

Summer Internships

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsHelpful staff that guides you in the right direction. Can work both as part of a team toward a common goal or work independently on a separate project. The pay is fair and moderate for an intern position.

ConsAs an intern for two past summers, I cannot find too much at fault with Church & Dwight and its staff.

No complaints from this employee

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsThis is a solid company to work for. Due to the wide variety of consumer products that are offerred, it creates a good learning opportunity to familiarize oneself with the in's and out's among all of the brand categories.

ConsExtremely fast-paced work environment, which may or may not be a fit for all potential employees depending on one's ability to prioritize and/or rapidly shift gears.

Worked for Church & Dwight? Contribute to the Community!