Ciber

Ciber Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Not yet rated.

Michael Boustridge

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance, if you believe in such a concept(in 17 reviews)

• Decent benefits, good communications from Corporate, they have a lot of good opportunities(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is totally 100% disconnected from the 'typical' worker(in 12 reviews)

• No growth opportunity and you don't feel part of company(in 9 reviews)

From a very good company to a very poor one

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere remain lots of good people who care about their work and their clients.

ConsA deterioration of commitment to employees and clients. The sole focus is shareholders. But with only one leg of the stool, it is tipping over.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO stated that he sees employees as "tools". He pushed a culture of them vs. us (execs vs. everyone else). He brought in new leadership that had the same lack of compassion and human decency. How do you advise those who have no conscience?

Local Director Makes All The Difference

Consultant (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe employees are very good at what they do. There was a lot of flexibility with scheduling and you can get a lot of experience in different industries with large clients.

ConsEach office is run differently, so there really isn't a consistent experience. For the most part, everyone is a mercenary but work together well. In some cases it really isn't more than an IT staffing firm. Some benefits were denied by local area director and motivators were usually way out of synch with the workforce. When a $1B company can't pay $250 for a professional membership, it's time to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a stronger vision and unify everyone to make being a part of Ciber feel like being on one team.

Very Poor Management

Senior PM (Former Employee)

ProsI do not see any pros to working here

ConsSalary freeze
    Lack of management
    Benefits were poor

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter management and stop salary freeze to retain employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat industry, some really great people. It could be a great place to work, if politics were not the Soup DeJour!

ConsVery poor management - hostile and condescending right from the start. I was truly sadden by the cruel and unprofessional behavior of the managers. Training was none existent and expectations not well outlined, They claimed they had an "open door", but retribution was absolute. Run away from any contact with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect and work on training. You are running a professional business not a high school. When I was hired I was told that Ciber had very little attrition, that was a lie, If you expect potential employees to be truthful you should be as well. I would not this company!

Toxic Sales Culture

ProsGood base pay and benefits Some great talent.

ConsSales Culture - No cross sell capability among practices unless you want to jeopardize your commission - every practice owns their customers and will not engage others...very silo ed . A very old school sales mentality...no marketing demand generation...cold calling is king...use you for your contacts...funnel dying...lack of references... Extremely poor executive sales leadership...very tactical no strategy or vision. Re-aligning organizational structure does not address the sales culture!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on culture and moving to a current state sales model. Spend money on marketing and demand generation. Your funnel is dying - inflating the funnel with non qualified opportunities to justify the sales play initiative makes everyone feel better - until the next quarter when your close ratio drops from a pitiful 9% to less than 5% - then you will blame the client partner and don't address the real issue Turn over is going to run rampant.

Silent Partners

SAP Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsHiring process was faster than expected.

ConsThey are not in contact enough once placed on a project (i.e. forgot to tell me when my contract date ended on the assignment - typo in the system) Did not follow up with the client on their intentions and that costs me dearly as I move for a T2P position that ended up as a CF...

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow up with client and consultants quarterly at least...

Sr DIrector

Senior Director Oracle Practice (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSalary is overall pretty good if you take the time to make sure it is aligned with the market

ConsSalary and politics ---can sometimes be a bit over the the top but easy to handle

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Lots of growth opportunities

ProsThey are a relatively flat organization, so access to senior leadership is easy

ConsExpect to work long hours if you want to get ahead

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more employees in corporate goal activities

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Business Analyst

ProsResponsive ,Ok rates,New managementand good leader ship

ConsNo growth,no perks , less training

Contractors need to be competitive!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome great sales people looking out for you!

ConsThey don't always deliver on their promises...

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!