Ciber

www.ciber.com

Ciber Reviews in Detroit, MI

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Michael Boustridge

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance, if you believe in such a concept(in 17 reviews)

• Decent benefits, good communications from Corporate, they have a lot of good opportunities(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is totally 100% disconnected from the 'typical' worker(in 12 reviews)

• No growth opportunity and you don't feel part of company(in 9 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Bait and Switch - offered epmo development work actually just executing projects

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

Prosthey do have work available

Consseems to be more of staffing supplement than a consulting firm

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as your equals. US is not a class society.

Stay away! Terrible place to work.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

Pros- Even the compensation and benefits were poor, it allowed me to pay the bills while looking for another job.

Cons- Compensation and benefits, compared to other companies, was terrible.
    - Little or no contact with the Detroit office. Account managers were terrible in responding to questions in a timely manner.
    - Management was more focused on building relationships with their clients and cared less about the employees working for the clients.

Advice to Senior Management- Focus on your employees and its needs. Treat them as human and not as numbers!

Review For the Ciber

Consultant (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsNice Pay, Growing practice, Company on the change path

ConsCompany is still not mature in consulting world.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn today's world without change you can't grow

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ciber Detroit is not the worst place to work, but far from the best.

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsThey are fairly hands off as a consulting agency and are pretty accommodating when there are issues getting time approved by the client. The vacation allowance is pretty good, but new employees do not get the same amount I am getting. Aside from that, there is very little to distinguish them or set them above other agencies. This may be unique to the Detroit office, however, and may not be consistent through the rest of the organization.

ConsWe almost never have any contact with our account rep unless we approach him. The on-site rep is woefully unresponsive. It takes months to even get a performance review, only to have them tell you that you cannot get a raise without doing a bunch of work to try and get yourself re-classified. Basically, they bill the client for my time, take a cut of my pay, and drop my pay and benefits on occasion without offering me any value to make working for them worthwhile. Meanwhile, they ask for referrals to help get more of their people hired without doing much of anything for you in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is the people of Ciber that make the company what it is. We are the face of Ciber to its clients, and it is our hard work that make the company successful and earn you your reputation. If you have an interest in continuing to be successful, and you should, it would be in your best interest to talk to your workers and find out what we need and what will make us happy with the company. Otherwise, you will lose your good workers, your good reputation, and eventually, your good customers.

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!