Ciber

Ciber CEO David C. Peterschmidt

David C. Peterschmidt

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ciber is OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ciber

Proswork schedule flexibility and changing requirements

ConsHaving to travel to clients and being away from home and the constant restructuring the company was going through at the time

A staffing organization trying to be a consulting firm

Associate Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Ciber full-time for more than a year

ProsThe first interview was over skype which was great since I was looking for jobs in a different city. The hiring process was fast and painless.

ConsSince they were going through a reorganization and a shift in focus, they couldn't really pay attention to the consultants. Lack of direction, involvement and motivation from managers

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. You have a very high turnover rate and no clear career paths

PASS ON THIS COMPANY

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at Ciber full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Comprehensive Benefit Package but poor 401K

ConsStrong lack of leadership
Ineffective Recruiting Directors - Micro-Managers
No room for growth
Few pay raises

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your people as they are your most vital resource. Treat your employees with respect and dignity.

They forget you even exist

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ciber

ProsI have worked through Ciber for several years and have always received great reviews from my clients. Ciber was never great at communications back to the consultants but since they have gone through a total re-org of the business it is worse. No one knows who does what and they completely forget you even exist. I will be looking at other consulting firms for my next contract. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN ONCE YOU START AT CLIENT.

ConsBenefits are good. Salary is Fair to Good.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize not only your FT internal employees (which I doubt you do) but you really need to treat your consultants who continually perform, much better. Who respresent Ciber to the clients with a high standard of performance and professionalism.

Better rates the longer you are working with Ciber, recognition of a job well done (which never happens) Oh and it would be nice if someone would reach out to me. I have worked at my client for close to a year and I have yet to have one manager or anyone even speak to me.

Second time around

I have been working at Ciber

ProsI have found them willing to accommodate when special situations arise. They communicate with their consultants, offer them benefits, give them feedback, provide them with opportunities for growth and skill-enhancement, and generally treat them quite well.

ConsThis is my second assignment with them. I have no problem with the way in which they are handling me. My biggest complaint is that the client in each situation was a large corporation that offered little technical stimulation and challenge. In the first assignment, the client had a corporate culture that was right out of the 1940s, and it seemed to me that they had no idea what someone with my skill set did. In my present assignment, I am bogged down by the corporate and governmental bureaucracy that burdens this industry, and I am constantly amazed at the abysmal writing skills of their managers and the horrible way in which projects are managed. Heads would roll if this client were a smaller organization without deep pockets.

Advice to Senior ManagementCIBER needs to add smaller, more innovative, and more exciting businesses to its client base.

Good place to work provided you negotiate well while starting

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ciber

ProsGood access to Online Technical resources. Understanding management team in terms of personal time offs and emergencies. Good team work environment is promoted.

ConsNot the best benefits package. Trainings are for the most part covered by the employee unless the employee signs paper to stay with the company for a ridiculous number of years when compared with total cost of the training/exam.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove benefits package when it comes to trainings.

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ciber reviews and ratings in Pittsburgh, PA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ciber CEO David C. Peterschmidt. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Ciber employees.