Ciber

Updated February 25, 2015
2.9

Ciber Chief Executive Officer Michael Boustridge
Michael Boustridge

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance, if you believe in such a concept (in 21 reviews)

• Good benefits package, Ciber U is a great resource for training and certs (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is totally 100% disconnected from the 'typical' worker (in 13 reviews)

• No growth opportunity and you don't feel part of company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Good people, questionable management

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people with lots of industry experience; collegial atmosphere on projects;

Cons

Difficult to grow/move up within the company; experienced employees leaving due to neglect and managerial indifference; pay barely average and increases virtually nonexistent

Pay better attention to the people doing the real work and find out what to do to keep them happy and engaged; create better and measurable paths for promotion and make those paths known to everyone.

Benifits of consulting and sevice company comnbined

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Good work life balance atleast in my project.

Cons

No Training on technology, no investmnent on empoyee skill improvement. When ever they need a resoutrce they go to market pay a premium and get them and in doing so they have to release existing resources who were loyal working in out dated technologies.

Please invesment more on employee training as it is the only investment from management side which will give better returns. Infact Ciber has no other investment in NA region, all the consultants use client's infrastructure and resource and get trainied by client directly. all Ciber provides is a just a laptop to it's consultant and push them to client projects.

Good company, but too little sustained opportunities for SAP work

Former Employee - SAP Consultant
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant

I worked at Ciber

Pros

Comparable Salary/benefits. Good support from middle management; Very intelligent co-workers w/ dedication to client support.
    Middle management allows you to roam and tend not to micro-manage.
    In general Ciber is a good company and I would have liked continued to work there it not for my experience on-site Project Managers not fighting for us.

Cons

Lack of SAP projects makes it hard to be placed/staffed to a project, I think that the sales team(s) fails to consistently bring in enough contracts to keep a stable workforce, so there is a constant thrashing about as existing consultants are let go and new consultants hired on an as needed basis.
    The project that I was on site was fine, I would say it was great, until I get to the part of the PMO. The client really drove this project, and if the Proj Mgrs would have fought our battles instead of letting the client make all of the decisions, it would have been a great win.

Principle Consultant

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Ciber full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ciber treats employees well with respect. They have get togethers, GYM membership and good presence in the market. Decent pay

Cons

May not expect salary hikes, less 401k match etc on their payroll.

Consider adjusting the salary considering inflation

Great place to work.

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance is above what I've seen at previous companies and the people here are wonderful.

Cons

You have a set 15 days of PTO, that includes sick days.

The communication is lacking from upper management, once this is amended, the company will thrive.

Good Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ciber (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can be a local employee or choose to be a travelling consultant
    There is a ton of training material that is made available to you
    Ciber doesn't try to be all things to all people - they know their strengths

Cons

Communication from the leadership team is sporadic

Increase your communication with your employees

Lots of Opportunity

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Just moved to Seattle with Ciber... if you perform, there is lots of reward! Great people, great assets, great company.

Cons

Ciber is great, globally... they are now making significant investments in the PNW for consultant care, client customer service and more!

Great leadership, committed to career mobility and development

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager/Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager/Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've worked for Ciber for nine years and started as a developer and climbed the ladder into management. Ciber was there every step of the way to coach and mentor me, and provided me the opportunity to get the support I needed to be successful.

The new leadership team at the executive level is setting an example for executing against commitments and holding everyone including themselves accountable and that behavior is trickling down through to every level of management within the organization to where the consultants on the ground are feeling the commitment they are making to their success.

Cons

Ciber is located in a competitive market in Seattle and the local leadership team needs to find ways to find career mobility easier to achieve internally than externally.

Continue to demonstrate accountability and commitment not only to the customer but to the consultants.

So far working for Ciber has been a very good experience. I am contracted through Ciber to a State agency.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My contract is very rewarding as I am allowed to a lot of different things for my company. Ciber gives my company the green light to use me in a variety of different environments which allows me to gain valuable experience with multiple technologies.

Cons

I would prefer the availability for class room training instead of the only current available on-online training, as my second job and family commitments do not allow for on-line training. Once the project I am currently on comes to an end my contract will end and I will be looking for a new job. Currently there is not much I am told in their pipeline for my job skills, hence the desire and need for classroom training to increase my marketability.

Offer some type pf classroom training to increase their opportunities top market my job skills.

Provides good contract opportunities

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Good contract positions with reputable companies. Contracts are usually very long term. Ciber maintains good working relationship with its customers.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for increase in pay. Those who have been on the same contract for a long period of time (7-10 years) have not seen many if any pay increases.