Ciber Reviews

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014

Ciber Chief Executive Officer Michael Boustridge
Michael Boustridge

Pros
  • Excellent work-life balance, if you believe in such a concept (in 17 reviews)

• Decent benefits, good communications from Corporate, they have a lot of good opportunities (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is totally 100% disconnected from the 'typical' worker (in 12 reviews)

• No growth opportunity and you don't feel part of company (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Employee Development

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Ciber as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility in contracts, generous promotions for those that work for it. Corporate support for individual employee's personal development.

Cons

Health insurance rates are not as competitive as you would think for the size of the company. There are cons to being a contractor but have little to do with cons at Ciber.

Continue to invest in your top talent.

Passable tech consulting company

Former Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Bothell, WA

I worked at Ciber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits, low micromanagement - I never felt hovered over and I was trusted to get my work done professionally and competently

Cons

Little support, no noticeable culture - being placed at the client site with no other Ciber employees and given occasional conference trainings from across the country left me feeling isolated.

Give new hires some orientation and support, and let them meet other employees in person. The national consulting gig makes it hard for the only employee at a placement to get a feel for the company.

Good Company If A Little Focused

Current Employee - IT Project Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Ciber full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are a very professional organization and work hard at providing excellent service.

Cons

As a contractor, it seems like there are limited opportunities for staying a Project Manager. The pipeline of opportunities seems to be limited because they are focused on application development specifically in a couple of narrow areas.

Figure out how to use your field assignment contractors can be kept busy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

consultant

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

no prons--- very much non-professional culture

Cons

no growth , no values, no prospects

Bait - was offered ePMO implementation, Switch - given projects to manage - CONTRACTORS BEWARE!!

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Ciber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Can't site a single positive thing about this company, management or it's mission.

Cons

Completely dishonest and telling people just what they want to hear. When folks figure out what they are doing Ciber has no shame in admitting with almost a "what are you going to do about it" attitude. They don't care who they step on to get billable hours. They openly lie to the Client and the consultants are expected to support their lies. Problem lies when this unethical company hires contractors with solid work ethics. Oh yeah, you should ask if they like "Kool-Aid" during the interview process. They treat their staff very badly in the presence of the client. I witnessed harassment and called HR who did nothing to stop it. Instead they fired the victim and came after me for reporting it. They practice a hostile work environment and retaliation and dare folks to do something about it. There management team openly admits they believe in a R & D approach to Project Management - "Rob and Deliver". Hmmm....I wonder if they've ever heard of Plagiarism. Their on site managers were managing PMs yet have no PM experience or certifications. Read a book or ask a Senior PM to detail how something works and provide their past templates and POOF! Rob and Deliver.

Kansas City is a small town and the PM network is tight. Word on the street is already out on Ciber as a company and the names of the Ciber Management team.

Secondly, probably be wise to circle back with your prior clients as they don't think much of you or the job you did once the contract is over.

Whoa Great Pay!

Former Employee - Microsoft Consulting - Developer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Microsoft Consulting - Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Ciber full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is amazing, top of the market really (.NET developer). I worked at home and that had some perks too! Most of the people you work with are alright, but the interview process is flimsy so you get some paper tigers as well.

Cons

I have never worked for such a rude and disconnected organization. My manager was probably the meanest person I have ever worked with, seriously. Everyday we used to refer to our daily work life as "Ciber Survivor", you never really know what is going to happen! Blindsides! Treachery! 16 hour days are common,

Relax, yelling, kicking, and screaming just makes you look like a immature. The amount of ethical breaches at the management level is astounding!

Good Job, poor management

Former Employee - PM/BA  in  Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - PM/BA in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Ciber full-time for more than a year

Pros

Access to some good client positions. (Job Opportunities)

Cons

Zero management support. Corporate leadership appears to care only about billable hours. Review process is very poorly done.

Get out of the ivory tower and go talk to the consultants.

Chicago Style Consulting

Former Employee - Client Partner
    Former Employee - Client Partner

I worked at Ciber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The organization has some great people who understand the verticals. Sadly, Ciber does not make an effort to keep them. Ciber continues to bleed its top performers to CedarCreston, Deloitte and Oracle due to culture..not necessarily $$. Firm has potential but only with the right leadership.

Cons

Poor leadership. Company is trying to transition from a body shop to a Big 5 consulting firm with poor execution at the helm.
    Very contentious/negative environment with Senior Consulting staff in evaluating potential deals and pipeline.
    Chicago style leadership - Intimidation, Fear and 24x7 work schedule.

Evaluate what kind of culture you want in an effort to build a successful organization.
    Mixing the old management with the new management. Both of which are disconnected from the employees. Very impersonal.
    Have a real marketing plan with Cloud.

Making the shift from staffing company to consulting company

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Ciber full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ciber is still small enough that there is not as much red tape and layers of management as larger consulting companies.

Cons

Executive leadership has experienced a great deal of turnover in the last several years. With that has come other organizational and process changes. I have had to re teach uplinks quite a few times. It has been difficult to have consistent client performance and account planning.

Create a vision and strategy and then consistently work towards it, even as the players may change. Create an organization culture that is also focused on the vision and strategy so everyone is working as a team and going in the same direction.

Great Co-Workers & a Whole Lot of Work Forecasted

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ciber full-time

Pros

Great people, boatloads of work in the pipeline, relaxed dress code, flex time & work-life balance, good equipment to work on, nice facilities, bench for full-timers.

Cons

Salary is 5k less than what I would like, but the bench is a fair trade. In other cases, I would just be unemployed between projects.

You should do quarterly reviews & bonuses instead of annual ones.

Worked for Ciber? Contribute to the Community!