Ciber Reviews

Reset

1. Recruiters beware

Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

I worked at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some recruiters are allowed to work remotely

Cons

Pay is not very competitive, attaining goals is very much dependent upon the work assigned to you (which you have no control over ). Company does not know when to walk away from bad business. Benefits look good on the surface but are really not very competitive

Advice to Management

Management needs to assign work based off of employees strengths and experience rather than just randomly .

Good company, but too little sustained opportunities for SAP work

Former Employee - SAP Consultant
    Former Employee - SAP Consultant

I worked at Ciber

Pros

Comparable Salary/benefits. Good support from middle management; Very intelligent co-workers w/ dedication to client support. Middle management allows you to roam and tend not to micro-manage. In general Ciber is a good company and I would have liked continued to work there it not for my experience on-site Project Managers not fighting for us.

Cons

Lack of SAP projects makes it hard to be placed/staffed to a project, I think that the sales team(s) fails to consistently bring in enough contracts to keep a stable workforce, so there is a constant thrashing about as existing consultants are let go and new consultants hired on an as needed basis. The project that I was on site was fine, I would say it was great, until I get to the part of the PMO. The client really drove this project, and if the Proj Mgrs would have fought our battles instead of letting the client make all of the decisions, it would have been a great win.

3. Benifits of consulting and sevice company comnbined

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Good work life balance atleast in my project.

Cons

No Training on technology, no investmnent on empoyee skill improvement. When ever they need a resoutrce they go to market pay a premium and get them and in doing so they have to release existing resources who were loyal working in out dated technologies.

Advice to Management

Please invesment more on employee training as it is the only investment from management side which will give better returns. Infact Ciber has no other investment in NA region, all the consultants use client's infrastructure and resource and get trainied by client directly. all Ciber provides is a just a laptop to it's consultant and push them to client projects.

Bait and switch

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

The company has a great deal of intelligent people working for them. They train their people and support them.

Cons

Unfortunately, the sales people will make promises they cannot keep. They bring you on to do a project and make all kinds of commitments, but don't follow through. They tend to tell the client what they want to hear and then expect the consultants to meet those promises, whether reasonable or not.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to what the sales people are selling and the expectations they are setting which generally leaves the employee holding the bag to deliver something they may not be able to deliver.

Utterly disappointing!

Current Employee - IT Program Management in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IT Program Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The client. The assignment was interesting, challenging, dynamic and rewarding.

Cons

No support from corporate. You are dropped at the client site and forgotten, at least until it is time for someone to check one of the boxes necessary to help them build their resume. A lot of 'lip service' about 'consultant care' but no action. No support for the people in the field who are actually billing - ergo paying the salaries of all these other people.

Advice to Management

Stop treating the billable consultants like they are there to serve you. Remember who is doing the delivery. Remember the customer is always right and that they have many options to meet their needs.

Sr. Management comes and goes but nothing changes

Current Employee - Principal Architect
    Current Employee - Principal Architect

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are ok Provide decent online training and skills development (they do not send people to onsite paid training) Work life balance is ok

Cons

1. Total disconnect from management 2. Management will lie to get what they need from you to discard you right after 3. Forget any true development or advancement if your not on the inside "click" of the company 4. Management wastes all the money on legacy style events and marketing 5. No true incentives for the employees who bring the real money in to the company (Consultants who work for clients) 6. People and rules change out so often now its bizarre land 7. Benefits continue to be scaled back 8. New CEO no better than the last 3, which is sad 9. Its true they would rather layoff an asset to just spend money to hire a new one a week later (total drain on cash flow) 10. Internal staff are not friendly, are not real or down to earth. I find them to be very guarded, sneaky, and no integrity.

Advice to Management

Why would I bother, they don't care what we think. That is why this company is always in a mess and always looks one minute from going belly up.

8. Principle Consultant

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Ciber full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ciber treats employees well with respect. They have get togethers, GYM membership and good presence in the market. Decent pay

Cons

May not expect salary hikes, less 401k match etc on their payroll.

Advice to Management

Consider adjusting the salary considering inflation

9. Good Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ciber (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can be a local employee or choose to be a travelling consultant There is a ton of training material that is made available to you Ciber doesn't try to be all things to all people - they know their strengths

Cons

Communication from the leadership team is sporadic

Advice to Management

Increase your communication with your employees

10. Great place to work.

I have been working at Ciber full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work life balance is above what I've seen at previous companies and the people here are wonderful.

Cons

You have a set 15 days of PTO, that includes sick days.

Advice to Management

The communication is lacking from upper management, once this is amended, the company will thrive.

11. Too much instability

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Ciber

Pros

Some high quality talent. Travel opportunities for those interested (from minimal to road warrior). Some upward mobility possible for those who demonstrate their ability and stay around long enough.

Cons

Too much change at senior leadership (including C level) over the 9 years I have been here. Inconsistent direction and messaging from leadership. Too much "just hired how" with resources who don't know Ciber process (because keeping a bench costs too much). Too much deviation from stated policies. Stingy - ever since the business downturn began in 2008 (Obama) raises have been almost impossible to get and are small. Employee bonus, which was based on an employee meeting/exceeding objectives for the year (9 years ago) has evolved to a profit share system which is still called a bonus but which is far more greatly tied to company worldwide performance than it is to what an employee contributes. A lot of talent has left for companies that pay better.

Advice to Management

1. Stability is required. 2. Follow process and policy, don't just talk about it. 3. Hand out some raises before all the best people have left. For myself - its been 4 years without a raise, and my last increase was nothing more than a cost of living size adjustment. Its hard to stay motivated.

RSS Feed </> Embed