Ciena Healthcare Management

Updated November 25, 2014
2.4

Mohammad Qazi

Wonderful Place to Work

I have been working at Ciena Healthcare Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the major things I have noticed about this place is that everyone is so friendly. The job is very relaxed and you will not get stressed unless you choose to become stressed on your own.

None of the management talks or acts in a way to make you believe that they are better than you are. Everyone is considered equal.

Cons

Its not a very constructive environment. They lack structure.

Also the amount of employees is low compared to the amount of work required. However, that is being fixed.

Hire more people, and really start to work on promoting from within. Some people choose to be stagnant but that doesnt mean everyone is a lost cause.

Also, before hiring more people, check to see averages. The benefits are good but the amount of money you offer up front will deter people.

Unethical, corrupt, unprofessional

Current Employee - Nursig in Whitmore Lake, MI
    Current Employee - Nursig in Whitmore Lake, MI

I have been working at Ciena Healthcare Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers, residents. pay is decent, not great

Cons

Management very unethical, they will get rid of you simple because you question their corrupt tactics and practices.

The top staff in your buildings will be your downfall. They are all married, they are all sleeping together, and are allowing the one person who commits the most workplace violations to run good, ethical, hardworking employees out, and your administrator allows it.

Lose your sanity/ lose your health

Former Employee - RN-Team Lead in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - RN-Team Lead in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ciena Healthcare Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had a regular schedule and I loved the patients and families and became close to many, they were like family, so were the great teams of CENA's I got to work with and several nurses and supervisors were great to work with.

Cons

They come in and lease or buy sometimes troubled SNF's and immediately upon entering the facility look around and say " way too much staff" and if you are smiling, look happy and healthy they figure you are not working hard enough.Employees who know how they operate already begin to quit ( long timers) and then the fireings start. Before I left I counted 3 waves of fireings. Most people were scapegoated, but they use " selective" discipline, meaning the bullies and butt kissers stay and the people quietly doing the jobs of 3 or 4 people are fired. All the underhanded tricks and the "everyone for themselves" mentality will tend to make you very ill if the filthy work enviorment isnt enough but even if you can get FMLA to try to recuperate and get well they will suspend you and when you come back they will have scoured paperwork and found a few "molehill" errors and treat them like mountains leading to more discipline while the person who actually made the initial error which caused your subsequent error goes scott free. The 2 years I lasted after they came close to 10 ADON's and DON's came and went quickly, people are lied to in order to get business in, I've even had family refer to admissions "well ---- nothing but a liar". The u. managers yell and bully nurses and staff in the hall, in front of patients, family and your coworkers, very unprofessional I don't really know if administration is aware of how terrible HR and the rest of the people that came with her are or if its known I have concluded she had NO clue what nurses have to do day in day out, its called prioritizing and not everything can possibly get done in 8 hrs.. They fire the local employees and bring in people from various other parts of the world, don't seem to understand english. Unfortunately they are being allowed by our lawmakers etc. to become a monopoly in Flint and Detroit suburbs and are now trying to take over west Michigan. Oh they are Union busters and will use all the tactics ( like taking away pay that you have been recieving since starting the position) along with other questionable behavoir publised and available for anyone who cares to look. If you don't get PTSD while working there you will be lucky.

Walk the floor and observe how swamped your employees who actually do the patient care are-realize there is No One just sitting or standing around doing nothing, then look in the multiple offices of your managers etc did you really need that many or are there some you could do without.Buy working equiptment for the units so proper assessments/care can be done.Start doing stats on incidents- who has the highest/lowest proper monitoring will result in lower numbers. Psych units are closed for a reason, if you decide it would be nice to open them then please put more staff on and quit allowing admissions to place severly disruptive and mentally disturbed, confused people in with alert oriented patients they don't like or appreciate it ( neither do the families),It is temporarily their home and rehab is hard enough without having a circus going on day and night.I think if you are able or willing try putting yourself in the shoes of your employees and patients and alow that, common sense and conscience to guide you and maybe things will improve for everyone

Everybody employeed is somewhat related or knows each other in order to get a job here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I worked at Ciena Healthcare Management part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ciena Healhcare is a skilled nursing home. Co workers are great to work with. Team-work environment.

Cons

If there is an opportunity to grow within the company its not based on your skills, education, leadership skills. It is based on favoritism.

Learn about your employee's who are well qualified for management or supervisor qualifications.

!

Former Employee - CNA in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - CNA in Livonia, MI

I worked at Ciena Healthcare Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have 12 hours shifts for cna

Cons

A bad place to work

They need to learn how to treat people

CNA

I have been working at Ciena Healthcare Management

Pros

Helping people, taking care of less fortunate people.

Cons

Wiping butts all day. Not enough staff,