Cigital

Updated August 4, 2014

4.0

Cigital Chairman and CEO John L. Wyatt
John L. Wyatt

15 years of experience ranging from research to consulting to management.

Current Employee - ICTO  in  Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - ICTO in Dulles, VA

Pros

The people's intelligence, breadth of knowledge, and their consistent willingness to help each other continues to keep me interested as well as challenges and educate me. A commitment to genuinely help customers improve their software security initiatives across a broad range of industries and maturities means not getting bored.

The company rewards the self-starter who possesses ideas on how to improve things and makes bets on younger staff, fostering motivated people.

Cons

The organization's client-focus can frustrate those with truly innovative ideas which the client can't absorb. Those who would like opportunities given to them, well-defined and well-within their existing experience base (easy), will struggle. The culture does not cater to those who don't like to be challenged by their coworkers or management.

Those looking for large amounts of entirely free-form time without direct business impact will be frustrated by a lack of support.

Those coming into account or technical management positions who have previously run their own initiatives find Cigital's expectations high and difficult to achieve.

Management, growth oriented, could focus more time on fostering individuals who have trouble picking their own direction. They could also do a better job raising inter-region visibility into sharp peer mentors for more junior staff and connect these individuals where introverted personalities don't do this for themselves.

Aug 15, 2014Marketing Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback. It's because of wonderful people like you that Cigital is such an amazing place work. We'll be sure to share you thoughts on how to improve the mentor program with ... More

Employees and customers are #1

Pros

Hugely talented group. Very committed to employee development. Collaborative. High energy. Lots of focus on customer satisfaction. Open communications to senior leadership. Very little company politics. Lots of interesting projects and lots of opportunities to contribute.

Cons

Organization charts are de-emphasized so it can be a little difficult to understand how the company is structured. So much going on that sometimes you run into two people or groups of people trying to solve the same problem independently.

Continue to communicate and keep putting employees first. Remind the employees to put the customer first.

Aug 15, 2014Marketing Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We recognize as a consulting based organization focused on project delivery it can be a challenge to know what different groups or individuals are working on at the ... More

Great place to work and gain experience.

Current Employee - Managing Principal
    Current Employee - Managing Principal

Pros

The company is small enough so that if you are motivated and want to have a lot of impact in the direction the organization is headed, you can. but it's big enough that you have a great brand that supports you in the work that you do.

Cons

Needs more cohesion between different regions.

Aug 15, 2014Marketing Manager

We appreciate you taking the time out to share your thoughts on Cigital and are happy to hear you feel positive about the direction we are headed.

If you have any recommendations on how we could
    ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

4 stars only for the rockstar Cigitalites

Former Employee - Security Consultant
    Former Employee - Security Consultant

Pros

Some of the smartest security folks work here. I started my Appsec career with Cigital and I don't regret any moment of it. I learnt a lot while I was there. I interacted and met people who I really respect. Good exposure to practical hands-on Application Security projects which is always helpful. Work culture was the best I've experienced. Young, energetic, innovative employees is what makes Cigital an awesome place to work. I miss that the most.

Cons

Compensation is not that great and that matters specially when the benefits are not that great either. If you are working on a project and it gets mundane after some time, you can be stuck there for quite some time.

Shifting InfoSec domains can be difficult specially when you are just getting started. Cigital is full of experts and some really smart people who get pulled into good projects. So, making your way through them and working on interesting projects can be a bit difficult.

Jul 22, 2014Marketing Manager

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. Understanding it can sometimes be hard to share feedback as an employee please considering reaching out to members of the HR team for ... More

Good learning experience

Current Employee - Software Security  in  Bloomington, IN
    Current Employee - Software Security in Bloomington, IN

Pros

Super-friendly colleagues, exposure to varied technologies

Cons

low pay, no defined career path

increase the pay

Jul 22, 2014Marketing Manager

We're happy to have you as a member of the Cigital team and appreciate your feedback. Finding a career path can be challenging in many organizations, we encourage you to talk with your mentor about ... More

Great Place - Great Team

Current Employee - Security Intern  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Security Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

Fast growing company, plenty of projects, Awesome people to work with. Team always asks you to contribute and guide you in all the tasks to be done. Lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Not many, if one really likes consultant job this is the company to be in.

Stay as you are.

Jul 22, 2014Marketing Manager

We're glad your intern experience has been a rewarding one and hope you will consider staying with us once it's over.

Good

Pros

Good company to learn things

Cons

Benefits and HR is really bad

Apr 10, 2014Marketing Manager

We're glad to have you with us and hope you will continue to grow your skills. If you have suggestions about ways to improve benefits or HR talk to your mentor.

Love the work and the people.

Current Employee - Security Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Cool projects, awesome crowd in NYC, and a great global knowledge base to learn from. I love coming to work every day!

Cons

Financial and organizational growing pains of a small consulting firm. Not enough women (join us!) ... We need another office puppy :(

Dec 4, 2013Marketing Manager

With 3+ years under your belt you are a true Cigital veteran. As with any growing organization there are struggles, but we are excited about our new partnership with LLR and expect their investment ... More

Good place to learn new skills

Current Employee - Security Consultant  in  Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Security Consultant in Dulles, VA

Pros

It is a good place to learn new skills and work for different companies. You get to travel the world, see many different places.

Cons

sometimes too much business travel

Dec 3, 2013Marketing Manager

We're extremely thankful to have you as a member of the Cigital team and we look forward to helping you grow your career.

A Good Place to Intern

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

The relatively small size of the NY office allowed me to get to know everyone and learn directly from the best in the field.

I received training at the start of the internship, after which point I was tasked with several individual and team projects. Overall, my knowledge of information security grew tremendously over the summer, and I do not think I could've learned as much anywhere else.

Cons

The internship program is not very structured and at times I was confused as to what I should be doing.

Formalize the internship system and provide housing assistance to relocated interns.

Sep 11, 2013Marketing Manager

We're glad you enjoyed your time at Cigital and were able to grow your skills. We hope you'll intern again or join us full-time. Our openings are always up-to-date at ... More

Worked for Cigital? Contribute to the Community!