Cigna Reviews

1. Boring, But good experience

Current Employee - Intern in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

office culture is really good here and managers are great

Cons

boring, just do some small things

run the other way

Current Employee - Underwriter in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

paid holidays and vacation time

Cons

pay is terrible, way under market value, no work at home when people in the same department can take home a laptop and work. benefits, yeah people on welfare has it better. morale, terrible. no room for advacement. if theres a lot of snow, dont think of calling if since it will count as a non schedule day off. business of caring, no its all about taking your money. rather live in north korea then work for this company

Advice to Management

read these and make it fair to all

CIGNA: A bright future

Current Employee - Auditor in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Good people, great vacation/pto policies; very flexible in work schedules, room for career advancement, tuition remibursement for college. Pension plan.

Cons

Healthcare benefits are not great. I feel they should be much better for the employees of such a well recognized health care system. Merit/cost of living increases could be better. There should be more and better employee recognition events/programs. I also feel that CIGNA did a disservice to many of it's employees when it change it's infracturre to career banding. By lumping job title into bands/families that don't really apply, it enabled CIGNA essentially to underpay some of its employees and prevent them from receiving the appropriate merit increases each year due to some people being at or over the "median" salary for the band the employee was forced into. That caused a lot of dissastification in the company.

Advice to Management

Make sure to give more respect and take better care of the foundation of your business as it is the foundation that holds the structure together. Don't forget the "little people".

a business of caring?

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Though others might disagree, I think CIGNA offers a decent environment for growth. If you'd like to learn about the aspects of a job closely related to one you're in, most managers are very open to hearing your suggestions. CIGNA offers a nice environment to grow. I've seen many employees transfer from one department to another, be cross-trained between departments, and even move to other CIGNA locations. CIGNA offers flexibility with schedules, whether this is coming in later to work later, taking time off, making time up, or working around schedules that are different for one reason or another, whether this be home responsibilities or pursuing education, etc.

Cons

I suppose lately CIGNA hasn't been getting very good media attention. Through Sicko and various other communications media, we've heard some negative feedback. This doesn't necessarily make CIGNA a bad company to work for... just maybe a slight annoyance when dealing with comments about your employer. Another downside is CIGNA's PTO time program. Vacation, sick and personal days are all lumped into one category. Unlike places that designate a certain amount of vacation, sick and personal days per year, CIGNA lumps them all into one. There are complaints about our healthcare choices. If you're a relatively healthy person who only needs routine check-ups, these plans are for you. Otherwise you might find yourself complaining about deductibles or HRA funds. I don't find pay to be competitive at all. It's a joke to get a review and a raise and then have your manager show you your market value. According to that little piece of paper, I am currently being paid around $9k less than my market value. No chance for cost of living raises when we so desperately need them.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent and keep your word. There are too many disgruntled employees out there who feel fed-up with certain levels of management. Know your employees. It means more than you realize to have a manager who takes the time to touch base with you once in awhile. Supervisors are there to deal with us on a daily basis. It's difficult to really trust senior management when they couldn't pick you out of a line-up.

A job with flexiblility and average salary

Current Employee - Data Entry Operator in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Data Entry Operator in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Understanding of Work/Life Balance; Flexible Work Arrangements; Salary is average for area;

Cons

Benefits are not that good. Costs more to have them than not to. Budget is always running short. Could use overtime but budget doesn't allow, at least for certain departments. Raises are not that good. Not enough to cover cost of living and the rise of health insurance.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! Appreciative for a job well done. Lighten up a bit with fun stuff- get people involved.