Cigna

Cigna Reviews in Charlotte, NC

3.2

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani
David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management (in 60 reviews)

• They provide very good training and I was lucky enough after a year to work from home (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority (in 22 reviews)

• Terrible Health benefits (Extremely High Deductible health) (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great internal training program when I was hired right out of college. Cigna allowed me to pursue varying career paths within multiple different business units so that I could gain a broader understanding of how our company operates. This freedom has allowed me to be a more confident employee and better serve my customers.

Cons

Working for such a large company with several different business units (medical, dental, pharmacy, international, life/disability) can prove cumbersome at times. When looking to bring change or respond to immediate client needs there can be a bit of red tape you need to work through in order to enact any change.

None at this time

It pays the bills

Current Employee - Provider Contracting Senior Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Provider Contracting Senior Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Good opportunities for advancement. Pay is fair. Educational reimbursement program is top-notch. Rewards for success are very good and praise is easy to come by if you do a good job.

Cons

The benefits package offered to CIGNA employees is not good at all. They like to try out the newest things on us. After you've been at CIGNA for a while, the merit increases don't keep up with the level of work expected. You have to leave and come back to get a decent raise.

Wonderful, flexible workplace for those with technical skills and dedicated work ethics.

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

flexibility of work environment and hours

Cons

sedentary work, and duties can have overlapping deadlines. Great for someone with good time management skills though.

Offer more diverse healthcare options to employees. Employees are usually only offered whatever new products the company is currently promoting, and not the full portfolio we sell. Many employees would prefer higher insurance costs for lower copays and coinsurance plans, but we receive only limited plan selections.