Cigna

Cigna Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani

David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management(in 54 reviews)

• You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority(in 16 reviews)

• terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism(in 15 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat internal training program when I was hired right out of college. Cigna allowed me to pursue varying career paths within multiple different business units so that I could gain a broader understanding of how our company operates. This freedom has allowed me to be a more confident employee and better serve my customers.

ConsWorking for such a large company with several different business units (medical, dental, pharmacy, international, life/disability) can prove cumbersome at times. When looking to bring change or respond to immediate client needs there can be a bit of red tape you need to work through in order to enact any change.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

It pays the bills

Provider Contracting Senior Specialist (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood opportunities for advancement. Pay is fair. Educational reimbursement program is top-notch. Rewards for success are very good and praise is easy to come by if you do a good job.

ConsThe benefits package offered to CIGNA employees is not good at all. They like to try out the newest things on us. After you've been at CIGNA for a while, the merit increases don't keep up with the level of work expected. You have to leave and come back to get a decent raise.

Wonderful, flexible workplace for those with technical skills and dedicated work ethics.

Claims Specialist (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosflexibility of work environment and hours

Conssedentary work, and duties can have overlapping deadlines. Great for someone with good time management skills though.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more diverse healthcare options to employees. Employees are usually only offered whatever new products the company is currently promoting, and not the full portfolio we sell. Many employees would prefer higher insurance costs for lower copays and coinsurance plans, but we receive only limited plan selections.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!