Cigna

Cigna Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani

David Cordani

Pros:
  • "Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management"
    in 50 reviews
  • "You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage"
    in 38 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority"
    in 15 reviews
  • "terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Medical Nurse Case Manager

ProsWork environment, work at home option.

ConsBe prepared to work, expectations are very, very high.

Horrible

Claims Processor (Current Employee)
    Scranton, PA

ProsVacation days vacation days holidays

ConsLong hours, pay raises are a joke! Work your butt off and no appreciation from upper management. The CEO, his base salary 12 million, must be nice. The four percent they are taking from our pay, increase in benefits. I dont understand how a customer with xyz company can pay almost zero every two weeks while the ceo gang rapes us with our insurance. The moral of the department im in, its do much tension, eyes down no talking or the nun will slap your fingers with a ruler. All the big wigs, take a paycut, shop at thrift store and get your food from a food bank. You are putting your employees in the poor house

Advice to Senior ManagementAll need to be fired! You all are money hungry selfish people. Look at the people who are keeping the company afloat

Flag Review
    Cigna Talent Acquisition Lead responded to this review Jun 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Cigna puts customers and employees first. As with any large organization, employees can have different perspectives. We seek out the best talent, offer competitive wages, and care about delivering a ... More

bilingual customer service

Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsGood coworkers, good benefits and great environtment

Consis a great place to work for

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cigna is a good company to work for, however, I do believe the CSA's are underpaid

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Bourbonnais, IL

ProsThe best reason to work is because of the benefits

ConsBeing confined to a phone all day. Not enough unplanned PTO

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should consider increasing the salary for their Customer Service Associates

Cheap Company

Claims Processor (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsNone this company sucked really bad

ConsEverything about this company is bad

Advice to Senior ManagementSTOP sending jobs overseas

Typical large company with all the positives and negatives that come with it

Architecture Manager (Former Employee)
    Bloomfield, CT

ProsDiversified product mix should help stock value and business levels. Excellent expansion internationally. Decent culture - people are generally respectful. Experiencing a period of relative success which creates opportunity via new products, projects, etc. Excellent recognition programs; good comp.

ConsThey offer only a high-deductible health plan to the bulk of their employees; expect to pay a larger percentage of healthcare cost.
    Can be quite cliquish at times with decisions made by rumor vs. facts.
    Business is often conducted in large conference calls.
    While not unusual for its size, typical politics occur which may help or hamper your particular role or project. Your work experience can vary greatly depending on the management in your particular area.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnleash the innovation that lies within your employee base - create programs that support and encourage employees to create new products, processes, services (outside their normal job responsibilities) and hold an annual award event to recognize the best contributions.

Flag Review
    Cigna Talent Acquisition Lead responded to this review Jun 13, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for your feedback. Cigna is very innovative organization and promotes it by having contests throughout the year asking employees to provide suggestions and ideas on how to improve the ... More

Good benefits, I loved the job.

Network Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat vacation I started with 3 weeks from day one. Benefits used to be better, now they have increased as most have. I was able to learn and move up a little with the company.

ConsMany departments were being shut down and jobs eliminated. I was in school and they laid me off I think because of it without notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest with employees.

Business Project Analyst

Business Project Analyst (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsAt home privileges, management is flexible, lots of oppritunity to work in different areas

ConsLow salary, slight chance for promotion, selective pay for performance opportunities,

Very large, plenty of opportunity

ProsCigna's size an global reach make it an ideal place to work if internal mobility is a concern.

ConsSomewhat impersonal. Comes with the territory in working for a large corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider regional/state requirements when building corporate HR programs to avoid imposing undue burdens during end of quarter reporting periods.

Definitely a good starting point.

Underwriter (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsCigna offers a very comprehensive training program along with a vast array of self taught training programs through Cigna University which enables employees to expand their knowledge and expertise base.

ConsMany young managers make it difficult to advance. Cigna hires many people right out of college therefore their ready for management roles at an early stage which can make it difficult for other employees coming in from the outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementCigna has a very strong corporate philosophy that they'd like their employees to follow. It would be nice for management to show the employees how they personally follow it.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Cigna Videos

Cigna – Why Work for Us?

More than just a health insurance company Cigna is a global health service company,dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. As a health care insurance provider… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All 490 reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.