Cigna

Cigna Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani

David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management(in 54 reviews)

• You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority(in 16 reviews)

• terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism(in 15 reviews)

Disappointing

Claims Specialist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLarge Corporation. Diverse. Works hard at work/life balance

ConsLack of direction. Largely inefficient

Horrible

Claims Processor (Current Employee) Scranton, PA

ProsVacation days vacation days holidays

ConsLong hours, pay raises are a joke! Work your butt off and no appreciation from upper management. The CEO, his base salary 12 million, must be nice. The four percent they are taking from our pay, increase in benefits. I dont understand how a customer with xyz company can pay almost zero every two weeks while the ceo gang rapes us with our insurance. The moral of the department im in, its do much tension, eyes down no talking or the nun will slap your fingers with a ruler. All the big wigs, take a paycut, shop at thrift store and get your food from a food bank. You are putting your employees in the poor house

Advice to Senior ManagementAll need to be fired! You all are money hungry selfish people. Look at the people who are keeping the company afloat

Jun 9, 2014

Cigna puts customers and employees first. As with any large organization, employees can have different perspectives. We seek out the best talent, offer competitive wages, and care about delivering a ... More

A great place to work

Account Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat internal training program when I was hired right out of college. Cigna allowed me to pursue varying career paths within multiple different business units so that I could gain a broader understanding of how our company operates. This freedom has allowed me to be a more confident employee and better serve my customers.

ConsWorking for such a large company with several different business units (medical, dental, pharmacy, international, life/disability) can prove cumbersome at times. When looking to bring change or respond to immediate client needs there can be a bit of red tape you need to work through in order to enact any change.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work

Proshas good work life balance

Consit is good company at the start of the career

A large company with a small company feel

Pros-- Good work/life balance
    -- Opportunities for advancement
    -- Commitment to diversity, LGBTQ issues and market innovation.

Cons-- Salaries are often below market. The formula they use to calculate raises is high math.
    -- Difficult to get recognize in a competitive environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, in my 20+ years of work life, I've never met a better group of managers than the ones I've enjoyed at Cigna. They are competent, hard-working and always available. I definitely feel there is an open-door policy with all levels of management.

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for your insightful feedback!

Senior Claims Analyst

Senior Claims Analyst (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood people, good leadership. Plenty of support in career development and advancement. Options to work remotely.

ConsPTO and sick pay come from the same bucket and gets used up quickly if anything catastrophic happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with employees regarding what goals are expected of them.

Typical large company with all the positives and negatives that come with it

Architecture Manager (Former Employee) Bloomfield, CT

ProsDiversified product mix should help stock value and business levels. Excellent expansion internationally. Decent culture - people are generally respectful. Experiencing a period of relative success which creates opportunity via new products, projects, etc. Excellent recognition programs; good comp.

ConsThey offer only a high-deductible health plan to the bulk of their employees; expect to pay a larger percentage of healthcare cost.
    Can be quite cliquish at times with decisions made by rumor vs. facts.
    Business is often conducted in large conference calls.
    While not unusual for its size, typical politics occur which may help or hamper your particular role or project. Your work experience can vary greatly depending on the management in your particular area.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnleash the innovation that lies within your employee base - create programs that support and encourage employees to create new products, processes, services (outside their normal job responsibilities) and hold an annual award event to recognize the best contributions.

Jun 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Cigna is very innovative organization and promotes it by having contests throughout the year asking employees to provide suggestions and ideas on how to improve the ... More

Great experience.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood people and great direction.

ConsBig company. Sometimes hard for clients to navigate to the right department for services.

Accounting Senior Specialists at Cigna

Accounting Senior Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsI can't think of any.

ConsBenefits are not that great considering Cigna is a Health Insurance company. Cigna recently acquired HealthSpring Inc. and the integration process has been a nightmare. HR support is non-existing at Cigna; everything is supposed to be self-service via their intranet site. Information is hard to find and management is left with the full responsibility of learning, understanding and interpreting HR regulations. All of the HS titles were "converted" to the Cigna structure. Where you had a manager's title under HS; you are a suddenly a "Specialists" under Cigna. Responsibilities remained the same except that you had instantly received a demotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the hard work of your employees and make HR personel available as support network to management and all other personel.

Good benefits, I loved the job.

Network Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGreat vacation I started with 3 weeks from day one. Benefits used to be better, now they have increased as most have. I was able to learn and move up a little with the company.

ConsMany departments were being shut down and jobs eliminated. I was in school and they laid me off I think because of it without notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest with employees.

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!