Cigna

Cigna Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Cigna President and CEO David Cordani

David Cordani

Pros:
  • "There is a very good work life balance with the ability to select your work schedule"
    in 46 reviews
  • "You can work from home if you choose to and it works to your advantage"
    in 36 reviews
Cons:
  • "Culture claims to include focus on work/life balance, but that is not consistently supporting"
    in 12 reviews
  • "terrible health benefits everything related to metrics plus a lot of cronyism"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to start

I have been working at Cigna

ProsFantastic training, good work life balance

Conslimited mobility, repetitive work day in day out

Overall a great place to be

I have been working at Cigna full-time

ProsLots of opportunities for advancement

ConsMany have to start in call center which gets old

Great place to work and live, Work hard while you are there and leave it all behind

CSA (Current Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat trainers and educators they really equip you for the kind of work you will be doing. Making it possible to succeed and go far.

ConsSome of the people around you really should not be allowed to work here

Has potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cigna full-time

ProsBenefis, Salary, Flexible Work Schedule

ConsManagement is unorganized no real leadership. Lack of appropriate training for the position you are hired for. Negative attitude and environment one department against the next. Company feels fragmented.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave better training for new employees and root out the negative weeds growing in your backyard.

Old School versus New School

I have been working at Cigna full-time

ProsNice place to work in regards to work/life benefits in comparison. Of course you will get the occasional working late periods during the year, but a lot of the wining I hear when this happens are from people that have no idea what it is like outside the company. So working late at Cigna is like normal working hours for a "normal" high pressure day at other companies.

Old school values from old school employees is much appreciated. Glad to know people still appreciate their family time and can separate work from life.

ConsNew school blood coming with no concept of work/life is starting to shake things up. But at the end of the day it is an insurance company and all insurance companies move at similar tempos. Interesting watching the new folks shake things up with the incumbents watching in wait.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was fortunate to have great managers. However, my colleagues were not so lucky. I will say this... some managers know how to manage projects (good), but don't know how to manage people (bad). More well rounded managers needed... projects get done, but with a cost and no long term loyalty.

Overall, very positive.

I have been working at Cigna full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are lots of opportunities given

ConsThere is a poor work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just talk about customer centricity, make it a real priority top to bottom, bottom to top.

Horrible - if you want to work there, please wear a flack jacket to minimize the backstabbing.

I have been working at Cigna for more than a year

Prosthere are no pros to working there!

ConsManagement is non-existent. Supervisor was unprofessional, not knowledgeable about products/procedures/forms/etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house!

Just glad it's over.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than a year

ProsWork at home, all equipment provided, good/capable coworkers, very free with supply ordering.

ConsTraining was disorganized and incomplete, overtime was made practically mandatory when it was described as voluntary upon job acceptance, no consistency in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate training procedures and department needs before making huge reorganization moves that make newly created positions redundant.

I accepted a contract to perm project management position in 2012

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cigna as a contractor for less than a year

ProsSupportive colleagues
Excellent location
Nice office space

ConsVery small inner circle of long term Managers that are supported and accepted - good old boys club
Inexperienced management

Advice to Senior ManagementSearch for "new" talent and avenues to improve from wide and deep outside experience
Be wary of departments with unusual turnover and strive to understand root cause

Ok place to work

Senior Claims Processing (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

I worked at Cigna full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGot great training, everyone knew their stuff, equipment worked, management at the time was ok, then got to dying off, do have work at home.

ConsManagement can't keep it all together at once, their work at home isn't what they say it is, the pay is below what it should be for the jobs, least it was when I was there. If you are sick long term look out they look to fire you, which is what happened to me. 4 months i was sick and down , couldn't work, drive, much less even do housework, off due to illness under dr care and orders, they didn't agree and gave me a date to come back to work, I told them no I would not go back AMA, us doing healthcare and being in it so long I knew better than to go against dr orders, I told them I would not cause that would leave me hanging for later and they told me either I did or I wouldn't have a job. I didn't go back.

Advice to Senior Managementcare about employees and really take time to care and listen

Worked for Cigna? Contribute to the Community!

Cigna Videos

Cigna – Why Work for Us?

More than just a health insurance company Cigna is a global health service company,dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. As a health care insurance provider… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cigna reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cigna CEO David Cordani. All 441 reviews posted anonymously by Cigna employees.