Cigna Reviews

681 reviews filtered by
3.2
Cigna President and CEO David Cordani
David Cordani

Pros
  • Good training for employees work life balance is embraced by management (in 60 reviews)

• They provide very good training and I was lucky enough after a year to work from home (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is touted as important but not always a true priority (in 22 reviews)

• Terrible Health benefits (Extremely High Deductible health) (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Very happy with work life balance. Great insurance & 401K along with a lot of PTO days & Paid Holidays. Highly recomend

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

401K, Generous PTO, Managers are amazing, Paid training

Cons

No cons working for cigna

Keep up great work

2. Group Claim Analyst

Current Employee - Group Claim Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Group Claim Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Benefit's package, ability to work from home, location

Cons

High desk loads but that is to be expected within a claims environment.

Go you!

I really enjoyed working for this company they were very helpful and encouraged employees to ask questions.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Cigna part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are very easy going and very helpful as a team. They encourage you to ask questions and are there to actually help you. There is also a good ability to advance in the company making them even more appealing.

Cons

Some cons were the hours of my shift. They differed every day and I would also have to work major holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving. They do pay overtime but employees are generally expected to work these days and not call out.

I would advise management to further training besides simply shadowing an existing employee. There are a number of different circumstances that may happen and it is almost impossible to touch upon every scenario simply by shadowing.

5. Very good company to work for. Positive matrixed environment, good hours, good time off.

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Great work flow, customer facing position, and good management.

Cons

Can be understaffed at times which makes the workload difficult to keep up with.

6. Great Company

Current Employee - Client Account Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Client Account Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great incentives, flexible work schedule, good work-life balance and PTO

Cons

lack of training, impersonable HR connection as everything is online

Work/Life Balance is great! Everything else is meh!

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on your business unit, hours can be modified to accommodate your personal schedule. Telecommuting is an option. Good number of PTO days from date of hire, and the ability to buy up to 5 more at open enrollment. Management is laid back and flexible. There is little micromanaging, but this varies by department.

Cons

Salaries and Wages: This company is notorious for its low salaries. Pay scales are classified, top secret information. Raises can vary, but hover around 1% annually, which does not even keep up with cost of living increases. No credible explanation can be given by management why exemplary employees with outstanding reviews deserve such pitiful raises. You are told that there is a limited bucket of money for the whole department. So if your position isn't the department favorite, and you don't rank high up on the totem pole, you will be left with the scraps.

Bonuses: There is no rhyme or reason to the calculation. No way to quantify it, and half the time, management does not even know if your position is bonus eligible or not. Bonuses are minimal and do not make up for the "decrease" in pay after annual reviews and increases.

Promotions: Regardless of the market value for the new position, your new salary will be based on your current role. Yes, it is based on what you make before you are promoted, and is capped at a 5-10% increase. The only way to make what the position warrants is to the leave Cigna and come back at a higher salary.

Benefits: Awful! The company only offers high deductible health plans to employees. These also come at a high cost per paycheck. Dental and vision are ok, but nothing to write home about.

Culture: Different rules apply to different folks. If you are not one of the favored, you will receive different treatment. Education, regardless of major, is also valued over common sense, hard work and decency.

Employees are tired of hearing about the record making profits the company is earning. We love the fact that the company is thriving and expanding, but we are making it happen. Rewards us accordingly and do not cheat us out of the living wages and increases we deserve.

Expand our benefit options. It is pitiful that many of us shun routine care because we cannot afford to go to the doctor.

8. Cigna

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Ability to work independently, decent vacation and sick time, friendly coworkers, and nice office location.

Cons

Poor salary increases- you have to leave to get a decent bump. Weird work from home policies- they are very manager dependent.

9. I enjoy the work and family balance available with my job.

Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Business Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, training, increase skills, professional, accessable

Cons

low raises, difficult advancements.

The work was interesting, but the work experience, itself, was very unpleasant.

Current Employee - Billing & Account Services Associate in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work was pretty interesting, if you don't mind doing the same type of work each day. It doesn't really vary to a great degree. It's very detail-oriented work. I liked that.
    One thing that really stood out there was the degree of communication that the CEO and executive management had with the entire company. The company had regular webinars, at which the CEO would speak about a topic- often Obamacare. Then, he would take questions from employees for about 30-minutes. And he's the CEO of the entire company. It was very cool. I was always really impressed with that. More companies should have that level and depth of communication with their employees.

Cons

Very surprisingly, the health insurance that we were given was HORRIBLE!!!
    Also, CIGNA uses a "forced ranking" system to rate their employees' performance. I think it's VERY unfair and never want to work at a company with "forced ranking" again.

Get rid of "forced ranking". Provide good medical insurance options- not crappy "managed care" options.

11. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Eligibility Analyst Senior Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Eligibility Analyst Senior Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Cigna full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Support, flexibility, helpful co workers

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the great work.