Cigna Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Really ok

I have been working at Cigna full-time

Pros

*yearly raises (if you're good) *nice benefits *nice company environment *flexible PTO if you have the right supervisor and department

Cons

*only get raises if rated well enough *clique-ish *don't pay enough for the work they expect out of you *expect to be blamed for higher ups mistakes

Advice to Management

Don't expect to keep people once you pigeon hole them to one spot. Let people move

2. Claims Manager

Current Employee - Claims Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Cigna (More than a year)

Pros

Work along side great mentors, learning with constant change. Great benefits, room for advancement

Cons

Wear many hats job description states all the above but "not limited to" attend lots of meetings pertaining to other departments loss of time due to these meetings

Advice to Management

Continue to mentor as you do! Great learning opportunities for advancement!

3. Accounting Specialist

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Bloomfield, CT
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Bloomfield, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Good team work environment to work in.

Cons

Poor medical and dental insurance

5. Okay company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a good company if you are looking to get your foot in the healthcare door.

Cons

Low pay. But it may be suitable for some people looking to get in the door

6. Director of Sales Operations

I worked at Cigna

Pros

Worked with GM on everything

Cons

No direct report staff to help support all of the needs of the GM

Advice to Management

Need of a team of Administrative staff to help support all of the needs for Sales & Revenue growth demands

Awesome company

Current Employee - Financial Analysis Senior Specialist in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Analysis Senior Specialist in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Willing to out pay industry competitors for top tier talent. Work life balance highly embraced. Bonus plan for most levels. The company provides excellent tools for work at home employees.

Cons

The 401k plan match or the health insurance deductibles/premiums/hsa match could be a little better. Competitors have better plans. Be mindful of lower paid employees having plans that could set them up for failure.

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction. Continue with your strategy and always be checking your benefit packages to make sure you are attracting and retaining the talent you need to keep this company on track to go to the next level.

""

I worked at Cigna full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vacations Remote work opportunities Decent 401K Benefits

Cons

Like clock work, Reorgs typically happen from August thru March. Not as Diverse as they lead the industry to believe Health benefits high deductible. Poor Management Good ole Boy system Jobs being offshored Salaried employees work unreasonable hours Work life balance is a joke

Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Medical Insurance / Dental Insurance / 401K / Paycheck

Cons

Working at Cigna was not a good experience. I never loved it there. When they went to Banding - as opposed to the salary grades the Administrative Assistant lost ground from the midpoint to the market value. Of course this benefited some - mostly the higher ups who were already making alot of money. The money is not good and the raise are lousy - maybe good year is 2.5% no more. Also, when you work as an AA, I had two situations where my managers kept adding in more and more people for me to support. This was done so he/she could appease the peers they had and the matrix partners. So essentially I was working for the same money - no compensation was given for the extra work, there was no reward for the extra support at the compensation time and it was a demoralizing feeling but I was being required to please more people and it couldn't be done all the time. Most middle managers - (maybe not all, but alot) - and this applied to the Band 4 and Band 5 managers have a strong sense of entitlement and feel superior - they can be rude and mean to those below them. I think this results from them making so much money and have an overestimated sense of importance. They get away with treating others like dirt because when push comes to shove the higher manager will tend to give then the benefit of the doubt and/or back them up. Alot of the time people go without reporting so saying anything about these managers who can be abusive because they know it will be futile. Insurance is o.k. but every year you are getting less and paying more for it.

Advice to Management

Maybe start valuing lower level employees and stop giving so much in salary and bonus to only the high ups. (Alot of them don't deserve it quite frankly). I don't know him personally but I understand from others that David Cordani is a very nice person - so nothing against him.

Cigna review

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

Able to work from home. Flex time.

Cons

Very low pay. You work so hard to get a small raise sometimes you don't get a raise even if you worked so hard. Cigna should consider paying salary based on location, experience and your work but they do not. We all work hard and don't get even credit for it.Things are always changing. From managers, protocols, procedures. Always changing. Change is a good thing but don't change something that's isn't broken. Benefits are Ok but premiums are so high I don't understand why since we work for the company?

Advice to Management

Stop changing things that aren't broken. And salary needs to be higher we all work so hard for this company we deserve a good pay. Lower premiums since we don't get paid that much

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Business Project Specialist in Denison, TX
    Current Employee - Business Project Specialist in Denison, TX

I have been working at Cigna full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Continuous career opportunities, great 401(k), unmatched Paid Time Off (PTO: Vacation), excellent business / departmental partnership.

Cons

N/A: No Cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

Mentorship and continuing education are excellent ways to maintain high retention rates.

RSS Feed </> Embed