Cigna Reviews

David Cordani

1. Good Internship Experience as Software Developer

Former Intern - Applications Developer in Windsor, CT
    Former Intern - Applications Developer in Windsor, CT

I worked at Cigna as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

There was definitely a good work-life balance when I worked there. Granted, I was just an intern, but I never felt like those around me were too stressed out with working very much off normal hours.

Cons

A ton of bureaucracy as is expected of an organization of this size. Most people that I know had to wait 3 weeks before getting developer rights to do any actual developer work on their machines.

2. Long term fine experience

Former Employee - Applications Development Senior Specialist in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Applications Development Senior Specialist in Windsor, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoyed the many assignments I had. training was above average. Multiple opportunities available for advancement or even just for lateral moves for change.

Cons

Large bureaucracy. Often change is slow moving. Sense of ownership seems to be lacking.

3. Technical Support

Former Employee - Technical Support Manager- Incident Manager in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Technical Support Manager- Incident Manager in Windsor, CT

I worked at Cigna full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There will always be jobs because they troubleshoot for hours and have the worst designed systems

Cons

Longest problem solving in IT groups. Technical systems are convoluted and senseless.

hire a real Infrastructure and Technical support leader. Treat the employees better and with respect. Give management interpersonal skills training.

5. Program Manager

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Windsor, CT
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Windsor, CT

I worked at Cigna as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Salary is average for this this industry.

Cons

The company is poorly managed. Major projects and programs are not supported by senior management. Financial planning is very lacking. Turnover is extremely high due to low morale and job dissatisfaction. All the people I know there are very dissatisfied.

You need to help improving your culture and that change has to begin with you.

A great place to milk and look for something better.

Current Employee - Information Manager in Windsor, CT
    Current Employee - Information Manager in Windsor, CT

I have been working at Cigna

Pros

The IT salaries aren't bad and they do offer flexible working arrangements if you don't let them beat the crap out of you.

Cons

Totally inept senior management. There is ZERO incentive to work hard as your yearly review is graded on a curve and has little to do with your actual performance over the past year. Your direct manager often has no idea what you might actually be doing. They can and will work you to death if you let them. Just don't do it. Outsourcing has been a huge problem as well. Entire floors of certain buildings resemble, and smell, like third-world countries. Don't ever think they give .02 about you.

Senior Management needs to be completely removed and replaced within the IT organization.