Cimarex Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cimarex Energy CEO Thomas E. Jorden

Thomas E. Jorden

Great Environment, great people, limited room to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsSmall compnany, great experience, wonderful people

ConsSmall company, limited career growth opportunities

Interesting work, but the corporate environment makes it tough to work there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe work and the projects were very interesting. The pay was decent.

ConsManagement is wound very tightly, which makes it a tough place to work. I could not find anything I liked about working there. It isn't a fun place to work and the benefits weren't that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have none.

Needs Improvement

ProsThis company has a flat management system, great pay and benefits, and a challenging work environment.

ConsWhat goes along with the challenging work is a cut-throat environment - not always the nicest place to work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent benefits, outstanding peers, but difficult political culture that impacts overall profitability.

Tulsa, OK

ProsThe health benefits, 401K and profit sharing are outstanding and "blue chip." Interdepartmental teamwork is collegial, productive, and professional.

ConsIntradepartmental conflict is poorly managed from top down, primarily from technical shortcomings or outright timidity of mid management. Overall profitability is often impaired by parochial concerns and a culture of silence and timidity. The rhetoric of candor and irreverence is fully promoted until they are actually used.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're too big to benefit from micromanagement by senior-level executives. The sometimes-astonishing capabilities and acumen of upper management are poorly allocated, at least in exploration.

Cimarex Energy Co. Review

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThe pay and benefits package are very good. The work environment has relatively low stress most of the time. Management encourages a focus on projects, but we are also given a degree of creative freedom. My colleagues are very talented and are always willing to share and help out if a difficult problem prevents progress.

ConsThe major downfall of working for Cimarex is really the same as it is for any energy company. Primarily the enforcement of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. It has added a significant amount of tedious overhead to our department. However, it has also forced us to be thorough and efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to run the organization with an emphasis on consistent, sustained growth. I would love to know that Cimarex will be here for a hundred years if that is possible.

Worked for Cimarex Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cimarex Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cimarex Energy CEO Thomas E. Jorden. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Cimarex Energy employees.