Cincinnati Bell

www.cincinnatibell.com

Cincinnati Bell Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Ted Torbeck

Pros
  • Good compensation and pretty good benefits(in 7 reviews)

• good pay overall- not enough on the hourly to do some of the customer service things they ask(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Weak balance sheet with massive debt burden from the Broadwing failure(in 3 reviews)

42 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Most people have to work for a living, this is a great place to do it...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat pay.Work-life balance is great! People are the best part of the work day. Many opportunities for additional training, but seldom used. Customer still seems to be top of mind for everyone involved. Overall a great place to work.

ConsToo many "silos," still operating under a monopoly mindset in some cases. Additional training is seldom used/encouraged due to broken processes. Many stresses, too many work-arounds, and too often doing what it takes to make things work, rather than what's right, because of lack of support/involvement/direction from within. A fear of losing your job for speaking up, and telling the truth...

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more connected to mid-lower level employees to see what it's really like to work here. The direction is positive, but pick one, and stick with it. People feel overwhelmed to accomplish the lofty goals put before them, and become less engaged when they aren't recognized for them. The culture shift that is being performed may take generations to breed out before it can be fully realized. Stay the course, but become candidly connected with the people doing the work.

Communications Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsNice hours and flexability. Decent commission.

ConsAwful customer base. Company is a boys club.

Good Pay, questionable stability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood Pay, Good People, Good Benefits, allow personal growth based on skill.

ConsWhile Cincinnati Bell is good at pulling in contributors for the United Way and the Arts fund, they seem to lack interest their employees. There is no concern for their family's or the community that these employees contribute to with their wages. Keep in mind this is the same community that Cnbell expects to support them. It is one thing to offshore jobs that consistently revolve, and another to displace seasoned professional employees, with up to 20 years of dedication to CBT. If you want to work for a place with a cloud of uncertainty over your head, no matter how expert your skills are, this is the place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you research a problem and a solution, put all parties involved in the room, before making regrettable decisions. This seems to be the theme for this organization. The decisions made in the past few years seem like a deliberate attempt to devalue the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay, but little job security.

Communications Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe compensation plan (although dynamic and constantly changing) is usually a great payout for the consultant. Retail hours are usually pretty terrible, but management does work with you to keep you as happy as possible with your schedule.

ConsI feel as though the consultant should be empowered, but there is no information backing our business decisions because management does not make that information readily available. We constantly have to defend a company we believe in without having the numbers to back it.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare information with the people selling your product. We are at your mercy, and we are the people who are sharing the information with the consumer. We are the last people to find out news in the company. Also, if the focus if FiOptics, then get equipment that makes the FiOptics service ROCK! The network is by far the best network in the area, but the in home equipment is (9 times out of 10) the only issue the customer has.

Won't recommend Cincinnati Bell

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe people doing the actual work are great people to work with.

ConsContinuing layoffs, no flexible hours, unreasonable amount of hours without appreciation, don't care about employees

Get a lot of great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThis is a company that you will get a lot of great corporate experience. You are asked to take on a lot more responsibility then your own job description which gives you exposure to so many other corporate experiences.

ConsNot a great culture. They are trying to change this but it is a very slow process. There is not a great work/personal life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a culture that rewards people and makes them want to continue their career there.

They have absolutely no regard for the value of a proven dependable, proficient employee when cutting cost.

Billing Verification & Payment Processing Specialist (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsWorking for a contracting company as a CBT employee you don't have to deal with their upper managements lack of knowledge with regard to each employee's job responsibilities.

ConsContinued relocation of employee's from place to place and unacceptable work environments. Upper managements main level of importance is finding ways to cut cost no matter how much an employee is valued, recommended, or how it will affect their internal or external customers & vendors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake serious consideration to respecting immediate supervisors, co-workers, and internal and external customers opinions and recommendations as valuable information prior to down sizing departments.

Project Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosestablished working network
    key player in a small market

ConsNot a very aggressive company.
    Average pay scale.
    Not a technology forward company.
    Continuing education and career growth is not highly supported.
    Retirement and benefits are average.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside of your networking circle to recruit new talent.

Great place to cut your teeth

Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI have been treated very well here. Fair comensation for my work, great about merit based pay increases. Lots of work to do, and a lot of good people. The company is actually growing and developing new tech/offerings for it's clientele which is pretty exciting to see. Its actually becoming a better and better place to work since the CEO Jack Cassidy was replaced by Ted Torbeck.

ConsLike many jobs there are a lot of politics involved in a lot of the departments. This seems to be related to quite a bit of acquisition that the company has been doing for several years now and while it is tapering out it still exists. Because of this there are times when projects really need to be started or completed and can't be due to resources being shuffled around various places.

Good Company to work for but advancement was not available

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood Pay and Good atmosphere

ConsVery little advancement opportunity even after alerting to management desire of advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide avenues of advancement to current employees

Worked for Cincinnati Bell? Contribute to the Community!