Cincinnati Bell

www.cincinnatibell.com

Cincinnati Bell Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Ted Torbeck

Pros
  • Good compensation and pretty good benefits(in 7 reviews)

• good pay overall- not enough on the hourly to do some of the customer service things they ask(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Weak balance sheet with massive debt burden from the Broadwing failure(in 3 reviews)

Good Local Company

Analytics Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat teams dedicated to making sure that team is supported and everyone works together. I really felt like I was a member of the team and have friends for a lifetime.

ConsFast paced very competitive industry and frequent layoffs within the business can make the environment untenable for most people.

Companies like this don't exist anymore!

Premise Technician T2 (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsTop industry pay
    Excellent Benefits (Health, Life, Supplimental Life, Dental, Vision, Rx Drug, 401k, Stock Plan, Group Legal ((yes seriously, group legal... I know right?))
    Excellent Perks (Concessions: Heavily discounted Cellular, Television, Home Phone, and Internet Services if you live within the service area of course.)
    Union
    Managers who were promoted from within
    A Great Community
    Nearly-Unlimited Overtime Opportunities
    Amazing Training Program
    Job Security!

ConsForced Overtime
    A community divide between tier 1 and tier 2 technicians

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecialize the fiber technicians like the copper technicians. At the moment we can all do a little bit of everything but nothing to perfection. With specializations it would allow us to master one section, and thus provide higher quality service.

Lots of opportunity for growth & career path exploration

ProsSolid financial strength, opportunities for advancement are there

ConsConstant change & turn over in sales

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better internal communication & guidance on future career path

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Sales Representative

Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe company has decent medical benefits despite numerous changes in recent years. Salaries are relatively good, despite some concessions in recent years. Most employees are very friendly.

ConsThe outsourcing of jobs to foreign countries, when the company has a local base for telephone, internet and wireless service.

horrible

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Beavercreek, OH

Prosgreat employees and reasonable hours . great for students. being able to work wit general public if you are a people person. being in a fast paced enviroment working with technology.

Conscompany doesnt have up to date products that helps with sales and they complain about your goals not being met on a constant basis, especially when our competitors like , sprint verizon and att were easily accessible. the managers and owner of the franchise are constantly ignoring employee input on how to make sales better and make the store experience better.. there is no room for advancemnt. just an all around out of date company who sells useless products that break and/ or usually are defective or refurbished and sold as new.. horrible..

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees stop worrying about your money and pay better attention to your customer base.. invest in better product.. sell a product that is competition to your competitors.

call center

Residential Call Center Representative (Former Employee)

Prospaid well from the start

Conslaid off the entire dept

Network Technician

Network Technician (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFamily atmosphere in a lot of ways. Loved the union, great benefits, pay.

ConsNo job mobility, 4 year time on title to change jobs, a lot of nepotism. Was personally passed over for a job which was given to a recent high school grad with no experience but his mom worked in HR. Education is not valued nor encouraged. Many techs completed bachelor degrees and would never be interviewed for any type of management jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote within.

They seem to care and pay competitively

Technician (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThey care about employees
    They have good people in management
    The pay is competitive
    Cutting edge technology and services in the fiber industry

ConsTheir services have some quality issues. Most of the work is done with quality but after services are installed there are issues which cause frustration for the customer. Of course that then falls to everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive to get to the root causes of the problems which are affecting the service and not be so quick to blame it on the sales or installation process.

Cincinnati Bell - Changing for the better

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsIf you work hard, you'll be paid well. There is more focus now on creating a good culture. Leadership is starting to listen to employees and take their opinions into consideration. The people are one of the best parts of this company.

ConsCan be stressful at times trying to keep up with changes in the Telecom industry. Sometimes this affects the direction of the company.

Accounting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood opportunities to move around, good salary, good benefits and perks, good people to work with.

ConsOverall company is facing serious declines and cost cutting measures which put a straing on some department. Offices to be moved out of downtown.

Worked for Cincinnati Bell? Contribute to the Community!