Cincinnati Bell

www.cincinnatibell.com

Cincinnati Bell Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Ted Torbeck

Pros
  • Good compensation and pretty good benefits(in 7 reviews)

• good pay overall- not enough on the hourly to do some of the customer service things they ask(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Weak balance sheet with massive debt burden from the Broadwing failure(in 3 reviews)

Terrible management. Don't care about employees

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood benefits because its union

Conspoor conditions, constant turnover, management dishonest

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen to your employees

Middle Management Old Skool (Under-schooled Clique) Is Obstructive to Productivity

Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsExcellent leadership utilizing top of the line research, demographics, latest psychological sales research and implementation into personnel management and open door from entry level communications consultant to the CEO.

ConsIF you use the open door, it makes the middle managers look bad and they find a way to get rid of you!
    The top does not know what the middle is making the bottom do. And it is very frustrating. Also likely why the company is not still an A+ company like it used to be, sadly. generations of my family have worked here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier for the very top to know that the middle is actually doing what they want and think they are doing, and that the bottom isn't getting persecuted for carrying out the excellent training they are receiving, especially in retail. It really is excellent training, with excellent science and reasoning behind it, but once the management skills get to the stores, the other managers make sure its tossed?!

Overall decent place to work

Small Business Sales (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat Benefits
    Great pay
    Ability to move up in the company

ConsSmall company in a big company game

Advice to Senior Managementhave goals able to hit stay consistent with relationships

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Revolving Door

Communications Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsRelatively good name behind company as a door opener to speak with Business owners. Potential upward mobility within organization achieveable.

ConsVery stressful. Management and points of contact of who you are assigned to work with change on a daily basis. Makes things difficult to ensure what you say will happen, happens. Being able to turn pricing around to present a solution in a reasonable time can be difficult.

Good pay - hard work

Accounting Co-op (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosgood pay, great location, lots of knowledge gained.

ConsSTRESSFUL, long hours, abused co-op (intern).

Advice to Senior ManagementWAY TOO MANY hours are expected to be put in by the intern. 50+ hours a week is ridiculous for a student to go through.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, IA

Pros- Great pay
    - Great benefits
    - Community Involvement and Volunteer Activities
    - If you work hard, you are rewarded
    - Roles are very broad- employees learn so much valuable knowledge
    - Always busy so time flies by!
    - Reputable company

ConsEmployees are expected to work hard and be available for the company. As long as you do that, you will be rewarded.

great small company but unstable

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

Prosgreat to work for a small company because they really care about their customers and stick behind values

Conssmall company so never know whats around the corner...like stores closing and alot of movement of employees

Advice to Senior Managementstop rotating empolyees and let people know in advance when stores are closing

Don't plan on advancement unless you are part of the " good ole boys" network

Communications Consultant (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThey train you pretty well to sell the product, and will give you a fair chance to improve performance.
    opportunity to make pretty decent money w/o a degree.

ConsPoor communication between management and entry level consultants.
    recently restructured the commission structure thus resulting in less over all pay.
    products sold are behind industry standard, often getting other companies left over phones.
    lack of opportunity to advance or try other positions within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting friend and family and start promoting the best person for the job.

Stateside phone company call center, Local Union Based Shop

RSC Residential Call Center Representative (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAs with most other reviewers comments seem to say, I love my counterparts at my level, the benefits of working in a union shop are that there is more protection than being exposed to sudden job loss and a more stable work place. I really do like CEO Jack Cassidy's style and a sort of a gun slinger old school shoot from the hip mentality. His goal and mine are the same, and that is "To attract and retain profitable customers” I like working for a public utility that thinks it is a small business. Cincinnati Bell is a information based company that has a vast potential for anyone who will work hard and stay focused and committed to the job and customer. I have been getting a pay check in one way or another from Cincinnati Bell well over ten years, as I have worked with or for CBT for that period of time. The good news is that we have many possible ways of generating sales and this includes such things as, we brand, sell, and provide service to our very own line of Cell Phones, Internet, and the coolest of all products is the Fiber Optics that we are growing in our market so now we have our own CABLE TELEVISON and home based fiber based internet with speeds as high as 30meg, and we just bought a large data center in Texas to work with our local data centers here local. And our computer support is second to non which we call CBTS. All in all not a bad place to work, LOTS of opportunities if you like "tech" based work that includes end users

ConsThe continuation of the loss of land based telephone services continues to erode our long standing residential client base of land line and business customers.
     Also extreme competition from cable provider Time Warner cable and all the other cell phone providers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused and attend your Six Sigma training, The training that you have received will benefit both you and the people that count on you.

Disappointed

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsOffer good benefits and pay raises

ConsHad high hopes in the beginning, but found out it's a depressing place to work. Sales goals are placed too high. Many people are fired or quit because of the negative atmosphere. Used to be a great place to work in the past, avoid if possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to maintain sales goals that are reachable for everyone.

Worked for Cincinnati Bell? Contribute to the Community!