Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Cincinnati Children's Hospital CEO Michael Fisher

Michael Fisher

Pros:
  • "Great benefits, lots of departments to transfer between, high rankings"
    in 10 reviews
  • "5000 tuition reimbursement for undergrad per year unlimited"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Compensation, benefits, career advancement is complicated"
    in 7 reviews
  • "On a side note, the red tape you have to wade through here is unbelievable"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A good place to start or gain experience for someone in the life science research field

ProsGood salary for academic research, excellent health care benefits, lots of opportunity to learn new skills

ConsLarge Human Resource machine that has a tendency to assign a metric to everything an employee is does, which is very hard to accurately do in a laboratory research setting. Your success is primarily dependent upon which principal invesitgator you work for (unless you happen to be the principal investigator).

Advice to Senior ManagementFor upper level management....reign in out of control Principal Investigators who demand constant long hours of their employees and disreagrd the Institution's work/life balance initiative.

Wonderful environment filled with great people.

Epic Analyst (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat facilities, wonderful coworkers and an excellent environment. The benefits were top notch.

ConsHonestly I didn't encounter any problems while in this position

Business Manager

Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsPostive working environment, great culture, they are one of the best in the country and they provide outstanding, high quality care. Great benefits and competitive compensation packages.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to advance.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cincinnati Children's is a great place to work!

Prosmission-focused care for the children

ConsGrowing so fast parking can be a problem

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan parking a little better with growth

Need more staff and fewer micromanagers

Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat people! Excellent pay, benefits.

ConsEvery day, every shift left you completely beat. Not enough staff meant too much done too fast to be safe. Pharmacists continually worry that they might have missed something.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, they know what works. In a children''s hospital there are no standard doses. Equipment that works in adult facilities had failed miseralbly here.

What a great place to work.

ProsGetting to make a difference in peoples lives. Work with amazing people.

ConsHospital is located in a very high crime neighborhood.

A top notch, extremely high caliber organization - mission driven, outcome oriented

Cincinnati, OH

ProsCincinnati Children's is making an immense impact on child health. Leaders are encouraged to think big, and quality is infused into every aspect. It's a "can-do" place, where leaders with good ideas are encouraged and supporting in exploring the and bring them to reality.

ConsIn many cases work-loads are stretched due to value initiatives - it can be a demanding place to work, depending on the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour best link to patient satisfaction is the front-line care providers. Make an intentional effort o listen to them and to value their feedback.

Wish it were longer

Temporary Clerk (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsFun, interesting environment; get to work with a small team of people you get to know well.

ConsExtremely large organization. HR is not always helpful to hardworking candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR should pay more attention to work candidates recommended by current supervisors to help valuable temporary employees find a permanent home in the Children's Hospital family.

It's a complex organization doing important work. Not a place for complainers or those who don't buy into the mission

Director (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

Prosgreat benefits, $5000 tuition reimbursement for undergrad per year unlimited! $7500 for grad school per year; work that changes lives; free parking; professional development opportunities galore; associated with a world class organization; diverse employee population; work with smart, smart people with latest technology and innovations

ConsNot a place for complainers or people who need lots of one-on-one attention; better be prepared to work hard but rewards are great; may have to shuttle from your free parking spot to your place of work

Advice to Senior ManagementBe alert to applicants who just want a job and dont care about the mission.

Very good

Clinical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe people were fantastic and the technology was cutting edge.

ConsI couldn't think of any cons. It was all great.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job. keep it up.

Worked for Cincinnati Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cincinnati Children's Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cincinnati Children's Hospital CEO Michael Fisher. All 134 reviews posted anonymously by Cincinnati Children's Hospital employees.