Cincinnati Children's Hospital

Cincinnati Children's Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Cincinnati Children's Hospital CEO Michael Fisher

Michael Fisher

Pros
  • Great benefits, lots of departments to transfer between, high rankings(in 10 reviews)

• 5000 tuition reimbursement for undergrad per year unlimited(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation, benefits, career advancement is complicated(in 7 reviews)

• On a side note, the red tape you have to wade through here is unbelievable(in 5 reviews)

overall my employment at CCHMC was very positive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsDedicated staff. Great benefits. Flexible scheduling. Facility is dedicated to patient and staff safety. Learning environment caters to multidisciplinary teams and mutual respect.

ConsAs an employee of CCHMC, you will always be encouraed to put the patient and their families first. Its difficult to maintain good work life balance. Not enought sick days, lack of directors/managers who are willing to actually USE the performance based pay increases....instead employees are lumped together as department and individual compensation is reflective of entire team.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent. Be fair. Pay attention to teh employees who go above and beyond consistently. Give them a break when they need it...use "discretion"

They care about their employees

Research Associate (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFriendly staff and clean environment. Food service is top notch for a hospital. They have a Starbucks on-site.

ConsPromotions are slow to achieve. That is ultimately why I left. It is a very serious work environment, despite their facade.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider training your employees to promote more from within. Alternatively, offer more pay raises.

population health "researcher"

Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Prosvery rewarding when at events interacting directly with kids. healthcare and wellness incentive program are very good. also plenty of opportunities to network with other young professionals.

Consbeing a non-profit, the pay could be a little better. also, my specific job description is very broad, leaving lots of room for interpretation and maybe too much flexibility.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job and skills obtained but hard getting promoted within the organization.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits and salary are excellent. Skills obtain while on the job were excellent, care about all patients.

ConsThe challenges I faced seemed to be structural opposition to hire or promote a diverse pool of qualified candidates for executive level positions. There are really a few minorities in senior executive roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management really need to promote or higher a diverse pool of qualified minority candidates for senior level positions.

OK

Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood People, Good Benefits, easy going environment

ConsHit or miss leadership at all levels. No opportunity for advancement!
    If you are looking for a job ( paycheck, benefits) it is a good place,but if you are looking for a career you may want to think twice if you have options.

Dysfunctional research teams.

ProsGet to help kids. Get to work independently. That about cover's it. I am looking for a new job now.

ConsHell is other people. Crappy pay for this position. Terrible promotion schedule. 7-layer bean dip of bureaucratic hell. They won't let me hire students for my lab because they don't have the space. How the hell am I supposed to run a lab without employees?

Very good, enriching

Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsBenefits Work hours Cafeteria Employee appreciation day

Consnumber of observed holidays a little low

Heartwarming and makes you appreciate every opportunity we are given.

Patient Escort (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsExcellent growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, a chance to make a difference.

ConsSituations may tug on your heart strings.

I would have never got this job if it wasn't for glass door.

ProsGreat pay and benefits and management.

ConsSchedule and the way they do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen tonthenempkiyrrs

Admirable place to work

Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat place to work. Enjoyed working with kids on a daily basis. Rewarding to see positive outcomes and work with a staff that values your input. Overall impact on the community is amazing and they implement the best patient care on a daily basis.

ConsDifficult to see children with terminal illnesses- can be emotionally draining and difficult at times

Worked for Cincinnati Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!