Cincinnati Financial

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven J. Johnston

Solid company to work for

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsThis company has great support for continuing education allowing individuals to continuing developing and growing. The time away is great and the benefits are decent.

ConsIt is difficult to bring new ideas forward and move into new roles. With many in management having worked in the organization so long, there is a strong "that's the way we've always done it mentality"

Advice to Senior ManagementShare details of bonus calculations

Looking good on papers overrides commitment, rectitude and hard work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsDirect managers appreciate hard work and integrity. They communicate what steps are needed to succeed and guide employees towards those goals.

ConsTenure, hard work, integrity do not matter with some upper management. Looking good on paper is what counts not the reality of how hard one works nor how dedicated someone is to their work and the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring and promotional practices need to be reevaluated. Stop discounting hard and dedicated workers just because they do not fit in a perfect little box. You are loosing some good people.

This company is all about making money now, and that is all.

Field Claims Representative (Former Employee)

ProsAfter five years of employment, you gain three weeks of vacation.

ConsThere is no work-life balance for a field employee. They lose people without re-hiring, so many, (if not all), in the field are often overworked. Every adjuster I worked with complained of the workload on a daily basis. Promotions are non-existent if you don't have the right connections. If sexual harassment is claimed, they make the person who made the claim feel like they asked to be harassed. Sexism is also an issue which is never addressed as it is a "good ol' boys" philosophy. If you are a Caucasian male with a family member who worked for CIC at home office you will be set. If you don't fit that criteria, good luck.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember how and why the company started. Remember that it is not always all about the money. CIC used to value building QUALITY business relationships and I question whether that is what the main priority is at this point. It is sad that this is becoming just another mediocre (at best) insurance company...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very family oriented company.

Analyst (Former Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsThe location of CFC is superb and parking is free. As well they have a lunch program of soup and salad bar served daily, and it is free.

ConsPay scale is low and they are not favorable of part time workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that part time employees are a benefit considering they do not receive health benefits.

Conservative and homegrown company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsGood benefits and pay, loyal company, a lot of great people working there, and a strong focus on customer service. The company is growing and I think heading in the right direction.

ConsOffice culture is stuffy, location is terrible in Fairfield Ohio, vacation package is weak, it takes an excessively long time to move to the upper ranks, leadership is generally set in their ways, few young people to add enthusiasm and life to the office, and few people from outside of greater Cincinnati. It's a very traditional company that has been slow to keep up with the times.

1950's

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome good people and skilled people. Lunch is good and vacation time is good.

ConsTerrible corporate culture. They hold on to the 1950's. Bad managers with no experience other than CinFin. Resource managers for IT are a waste of time and money.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the CIO, step into modern modern day business. The right people are not in the right roles. Outsiders are not welcome unless you are from Deloitte, which they are deeply in bed with.

Office Space - the reality show

ProsJob security, good people, free parking, cafeteria ... Can't think of much more than that

ConsCube farm hell. Dress code too conservative. Culture is straight out of 1965. Insurance is about as exciting as root canal. IT employees stuck with old technology. Where IT careers go to die.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up... It is 2014 after all

Company takes good care of regular employers, but not contractors

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Fairfield, OH

ProsGood benefits and perks for employers

ConsEmploy a great number of contractors, especially in IT department. Much less incentive/job ownership can be observed.

Good internship, not the job for everyone

ProsExposure to upper management and executives, other departments, understanding of opportunities for employment after graduation

ConsSeems to be little room for growth within the company. Plenty of lateral movement, but little upward.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to start buying out some upper management.. Retiring allows for younger people to fill their spot, and keeps everything moving. Too stagnant a work environment for new grads.

Good solid company

Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) Fairfield, OH

Prosrelaxed environment for a big company
    opportunity to move into other departments if what you're doing isn't a good fit

Conslimited salary potential with annual raises 2-3%

Advice to Senior Managementincrease experienced underwriter's salaries, as they are lower than the competitors

Worked for Cincinnati Financial? Contribute to the Community!