Cincinnati Public Schools

Cincinnati Public Schools Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

I had a great experience with Cincinnati Public Schools as an educator.

Long-term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood reasons to work here: (1) bi-weekly pay (2) Assignments are available regularly. (3) working with kids can be very rewarding.

ConsSome challenges: (1) all schools are not equal. (2) Lesson plans are not always available. (3) All children are not the same.

Overalll, happy to work there.

Teacher (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat kids. Good salary ( pays very well compared to other states districts.) Great benefits.

ConsThey have issues just like every other education system in America.

It is unfortunate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the children and families is such a pleasure and why I originally went into the field of education. I enjoy advocating on behave of our children.

ConsCincinnati Public Schools, (CPS) administration is consumed by power hungry, conniving individuals who have lost their focus on children. The CPS Board is filled with corruption as well. It is not what we can do for the children but rather who has influence. Most families have difficulty advocating for their child's educational rights and CPS admin and board members take advantage of this weakness. Be careful, as an employee, if you advocate for families and have to challenge administration to comply with state educational laws, you will be targeted for elimination and HR will support administrative decisions at all costs. The day I resigned from CPS, I felt a weight had been lifted.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice that can be given. The administration needs a full overhaul.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I instruct, tutor, assess, and monitor inner city K-3 students.

Educational Paraprofessional (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsDuties depend on the needs of the teacher and the school. Presently I am helping with classroom instruction and management as well as providing remedial tutoring. High satisfaction work; it's teaching with no paperwork required!

ConsCompensation is awful. Monitoring the lunchroom and playground can be tedious at best, and nerve wracking at worst. I.A. resources and talent are wasted on this task.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome schools and teachers only need glorified baby sitters / secretaries. Many people whose spouses make a good salary are attracted to these duties. But start paying decent salaries to those who are taking over the role of instructor in overcrowded, underfunded schools!

Great!

ProsNone at all to tell at this time

ConsKids are so bad and behavior problems

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Corrupt, Nepotistic Sham of Taxpayer Fiduciary Abuse

Instructor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAbsolutely none at all if you are not related to an administrator, embezzling money for them, or sleeping with one.

ConsFinancial corruption, test score cheating, union corruption, racism, classism, evil administration

CPS is an enjoyable place to work with great pay and good benefits.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat opportunity for growth - I received two promotions in my first 5 years.
    Great pay and benenfits.

ConsOnce you get so far up on the career ladder, you stall. Unless you have inside connections with the big dog, you won't go any further.

Great place but stressful

Teacher (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat environment, summers off, financially solvent, and career growth opportunities.

ConsHighly politicized, too many requirements for advancement, the CPS board can be cumbersome.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at results of teachers and base opportunities on that measurement!

Worked for Cincinnati Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!