Cinco Energy Services Reviews

Opportunity for Growth

Current Employee - Landman  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Landman in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time

Pros

Cinco allows staff to work on a variety of projects and contribute in more than one way. They handle big industry deals and have a deep knowledge of land and due diligence best practices. The quality demanded is high and has motivated me to learn how to do my job better.
    The management is always working on improving the company and making it a good place to work. I have enjoyed working here.

Cons

The standards of work are higher than most other land companies. People must be willing to learn the Cinco way of doing work.

Career Growth; Supportive Team; Fun Productive Environment

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant/Marketing Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Cinco Energy Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Cinco due to its great work environment, family/cultural values, a very supportive team I had the pleasure to work with, and the opportunity to learn and grow beyond expectations. Management is always willing to listen to your needs and expectations and works hard to meet them.

Cons

I don't have any cons about the company, except my own personal decision to leave due to relocation to another city. I would've loved to continue working there!

Continue providing excellent service to your employees to keep them motivated and compensated for their efforts.

Landman

Current Employee - Landman
    Current Employee - Landman

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cinco is a fine brokerage company with a large client base that is always growing. Unlike most brokerages they do a good job of finding new work for all employees and contractors.

Cons

All decisions are made in the corporate office and you have to deal with a bureaucracy even though it is a small company.

Allow project managers to actually do the work. I spend more than three fourths of my time answering internal questions and reporting back to the Houston office.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Totally unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Cinco Energy Services

Pros

Money, if the client is paying. Cinco doesn't really do anything other than place landmen into projects and then take a fee from their clients. Maybe field projects are better run but it's highly unlikely. Hope you don't get stuck with a bunch of crazy coworkers like I did.

Cons

So unprofessional it's comical. They put awful people in charge of projects and then go away and do zero managing. The home office puts up a facade of professionalism but it's clear there is no communication inside the home office. They can't even so direct deposit of your paycheck.

Just quit. Seriously, your company is awful. There are lots of other land brokers that do better work.

Sucks the life out of you

Current Employee - Landman  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Landman in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The president is well known and respected in the industry inner circles.

Cons

Poor communication, inexperienced management, nepotism, favoritism, rates are lower than competitors, contractor/employee lines blurred, tends to hire people with law degrees who have little to no experience. The daily frustration of working here out weighs everything else.

It's time for new management.

FYI for Contractors - Pay Consideration

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at Cinco Energy Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They do pay regularly and timely.

Cons

If you are an in-house contractor, the company will make you pay for your office space. The rationale is that Cinco wants to appear to the IRS that its 8a.m.-5p.m. contractors are contractors and not statutory employees.

The problem is that if you are a contractor, this will kill most of your home-office deductions. You will pay approximately $2000/yr for your office space (deductible, but you are out two-thirds of that in cash). You will lose the home-office deduction, supplies expenses, and travel to the work site is now a commute, not a travel expense. For most, this is worth $8,000-$12,000.

Make sure to calculate that in your pay negotiations. (Cinco already pays 20% below market average for most skills.)

Exciting Place to Work; Great Exposure; Fun Co-Workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company gives back what you put in. If you are motivated, creative and hard working, the sky is the limit. This company provides endless opportunities to learn, great client exposure, and a fun, free thinking business environment. Co-workers are great, and the ability to work with other smart, motivated people makes for a fun corporate culture. Cinco is constantly evolving to better serve its client base, and is open to ideas and suggestions to grow the company in a positive and productive manner.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Thank you for being a great bunch of people to work with, and providing endless opportunities for growth and personal development.

Promises made with no follow thru

I have been working at Cinco Energy Services

Pros

Variety of work, training on the job, good coworkers/cocontractors to relieve tension/stress.

Cons

Micromanagement, easy to view nepotism within the company

TENSE

Former Employee - Contractor Landman  in  South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Contractor Landman in South Houston, TX

I worked at Cinco Energy Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You will be remunerated on time

Cons

Employees and many contractors have poor intra/inter personal communication skills. The company suffers from a serious lack of diversity. There is an underlying pervasive snobbishness coupled with a lack of maturity from the top down. You will not have any opportunity to grow with this organization. The CEO says things which would lead a reasonable person to think that through hard work there may be a chance to learn and/or do more, however this is only lip service. You are going nowhere fast working here.

Do not lie

Inept management

Former Employee - Contractor Landman  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Contractor Landman in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Cinco Energy Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entry level experience is a plus

Cons

Inept management cannot see big picture of o/g plays

Do NOT hire friends of family as they will not
    perform to your expectations. Also, you seem to
    have a penchant for Atty's with zero experience: bad move.

Worked for Cinco Energy Services? Contribute to the Community!