Cinebarre

Terrell Braly

An amazing summer at Cinebarre

Waitress (Former Employee)
Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at Cinebarre part-time for less than a year

ProsI loved the people working here, including the CEO! There is a great atmosphere in this company -- work hard, make good money, and still have fun doing it. This is a company I would like to maybe pursue a career with. The concept (in theater dining) is awesome and is a growing trend in the US.

ConsAs with any restaurant job, there will be some late nights/heavy crowds, etc, but management does their best to get you in and out on time.

Horrific Nightmare

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cinebarre

ProsFree movies that you probably won't get a chance to see in your free time (what is this word "free time" you speak of?) before they get spoiled by walking in on them constantly.

ConsThe United States law defines Constructive Discharge as "... the employer either intentionally created or knowingly permitted working conditions that were so intolerable or aggravated at the time of the employee's resignation that a reasonable employer would realize that a reasonable person in the employee's position would be compelled to resign."

Difficult company to work for

Server (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cinebarre part-time for less than a year

ProsPeople are generally pretty fun. Free movies.

ConsLong hours, really difficult to request any weekend days off, scheduling is always a mess since they have to send it off to corporate who inevitably changes everything, disregarding employees availability sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop micro managing the stores. It makes hiring people, requesting time off, and scheduling very difficult. Our store is consistently understaffed because corporate is the one approving or disapproving of new employees. We therefore have to work long hours on weekends and can never get a Saturday or Sunday off if we need it. I can't wait to quit.

Love/Hate Relationship

Kitchen Staff (Current Employee)
Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Cinebarre

ProsLots of hours
Decent pay
All employees receive tip out from the night's sales.
Free movies
Great people to work with

ConsInflexible with hours
Required to work /all/ holidays under threat of termination
Disrespect from management
Little to no room for growth
No benefits even though you technically work full time
Calling in sick causes management to look down on you
Very difficult to get any time off

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and actually do something about the morale. When you have such a high turnover and employees complain every day then there is something wrong. Learn all of the positions and don't be afraid to jump in and help with dishes.

Serving at Cinebarre

Server (Former Employee)

I worked at Cinebarre

ProsThere are three reasons why anyone would want to work for Cinebarre. Reason one is the obvious, free movies. Reason two, if you are a server, the money is good (most of the time). Reason three, they don't discriminate against tattoos, piercings, or loud personalities.

ConsThere are plenty of reasons why you would not want to work for Cinebarre. One being that you will be expected to work every holiday without extra incentive to do so. Another downside is that your opinions as an employee on how to make the Cinebarre experience better will be ignored. The same problems happen over and over and it makes it very difficult to enjoy your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior Management: enough with the micro-managing already. Let the hardworking employees that YOU HIRED do their jobs and make their own decisions.

Worked for Cinebarre? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cinebarre reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cinebarre CEO Terrell Braly. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Cinebarre employees.