Cinebarre

Updated February 27, 2015
Updated February 27, 2015
2.1

Terrell Braly

Pay for serving/bartending depends on the movies in the theater

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Awesome staff, young people from 17-30 years old. Some additional training may be available through the company (TIPS Certification).

Cons

Schedule is determined weekly and changes frequently. Management is inexperienced.

Treated like an unworthy peon

Former Employee - Bartender in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Bartender in Salem, OR

I worked at Cinebarre part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hardworking and fun coworkers, not many visits from corporate office, managers mostly stay up in the office.

Cons

Lack of organization. Managers are too afraid of what may happen to them if they step outside the corporate approved box. One mistake and you're done.

Allow your employees to help make your business better and give them second chances. You've burned or cut off the best employees who then go around and tell others not to apply which results in under staffed and poorly run stores.

Very tiring and demanding, long shifts

Former Employee - Ticket Seller/Runner in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Ticket Seller/Runner in Salem, OR

I worked at Cinebarre full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours meant a great paycheck. Free movies. If you work hard, you can become general manager in less than a year and get the chance to travel.

Cons

Extremely long shifts. Repetitive work. Rude customers and rude management. Unrealistic expectations from management. Unhappy co-workers.

Treat all of your employees equally. Never let your personal life or an attitude get in the way of your work.

I'm not sure how they have not been sued.

I worked at Cinebarre full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that any other job you will ever have will be better than working for Cinebarre.

Cons

All the other negative reviews on here are true. The owner is a horribly sexist, racist excuse for a human being. If you don't flirt with him or follow him around agreeing with everything he says, you will eventually be fired or have your schedule so reduced, you can't afford to work there. They do not allow for time off for any reason. Weddings, funerals, family all come second to movie openings or busy weekends. They hire or promote managers with zero experience and pay them insanely high salaries so they will do whatever the owner wants. Then they burn them out or fire them for something trivial. The turnover rate for managers is ridiculous. And his family. Every time they are in town, they walk around making demands and picking out stupid little things to go run and tell the owner about. Guess that's why they are all on his payroll. You never see them do anything work related but they all have a title.

Sell the company. The director of operations is great and really seems to know what he is doing. The owner is costing the company so much money in hiring/training costs. I can't believe Regal (the co-owners) don't do something about him.

Corrupt and Unprofessional

I worked at Cinebarre full-time

Pros

Oppurtunity to move up quickly for those who work hard.
    Relatively small company and quickly expanding.
    High pay.
    Can go from entry level to management very quickly.

Cons

Corporate is very hands on and controlling at every location.
    Unethical and unfair business practices. (Sexism, favoritism, etc)
    Very unprofessional corporate/manager/employee relations
    Screw people over.

Corporate needs to be less hands on and micromanaging. They need to trust their managers at individual stores to do their job and stop being so controlling and involved in every single employees life.

Very difficult company to work for.

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent food/bev pay, as many hours as you can handle, free movies, great co-workers (For the most part only seasoned food/bev employees can handle such a crazy business, so they're the ones that stick around longer than a week)

Cons

10-12 hour shifts most days. Constant micro-management from corporate office... Things like requiring pictures of people cleaning to prove it's happening, required logs for things that don't matter (Trash log, really?), and changing the schedule to how they see fit (You'll never get requested time off, I guarantee it). No holidays, and forget about benefits. You are rarely if ever shown appreciation for the ridiculously hard work you put in. If you are an attractive young lady and flirt with the CEO, you'll move up quick, just don't get pregnant.

Think about showing some appreciation to keep the good employees around, instead of forcing them out by never giving them a break. Stop micromanaging every little thing and let the store managers do their jobs. And the CEO just needs to stay out of his own stores, he's a creep.

Sketchy corporate office, good location staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are fun and make work enjoyable; time and a half for overtime; free movies;

Cons

Corporate is extremely involved in day to day operations of individual locations, making it difficult to have a manageable schedule and feel secure in your job. Write ups abound for the slightest first time infractions. They truly believe that the customer is always right and if a customer complains via email, a staffer is usually demoted over it. I have worked seven days in a row before and was asked to come in the day a family member died.

Treat employees like humans instead of slaves and trust your managers and supervisors to manage stores.

Long Hours, Terrible Management, Unfair to Employees

Former Employee - Server in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Server in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at Cinebarre part-time

Pros

Good money if you hang out with the managers/owner. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

If you can win a popularity contest and never tire of working 60 hours a week without full-time benefits, Cinebarre would be a good place to work. Most days last at least 10 hours, most likely 12. They always call you, asking you to come in on your day off or early for your shift. The new managers that started have no idea what they're doing, the "boards" (which tell you what theatre you would be serving) would come out regularly after some movies already started, leaving the customers angry at the server for coming in late when they had no control of it, affecting the server's income. The owner is a clearly against diversity, both the FOH and BOH did not have any race other than Caucasian. He is also rude and demeaning, spending time checking out the female employees and sitting around stopping employees to worship him. If you didn't flirt with him while you were supposed to be working you had strikes against you. He would also make you serve all of his friends regularly and give them special treatment, and imply to them they didn't have to tip you. One of the managers is condescending, refuses to help and watches you with a sickeningly satisfied look on her face when you do what she says. I was written up by another manager towards the end of my employment for a "negative attitude." The manager stated I have a breakdown in the lobby in front of both customers and employees, yelling about my dissatisfaction with the company, even though he could not find anyone of my co-workers to confirm this incident happened. He wrote me up the day after the supposed incident, and didn't say therewas any kind of consequence, just that I had it in my file. A week later, i was texted by a co-worker that the schedule was finally up (half the time it's not posted online, I had the day off on thursday and the schedule comes out then for the week starting on friday), telling me that I was working at noon the next day and would be a food runner for the rest of the week. The manager had decided to demote me without letting me know, cutting my income more than in half for a single write up that had fabricated content. I worked one day as a runner before quitting after confirming that the demotion would continue for at least the rest of the week. Considering no other company I have worked for has filed a write-up about me or commented on a "negative attitude," I knew I would have no problem finding another job that actually appreciates it's employees.

Allow employees to do their job by actually doing yours (putting boards up on time, putting up side work lists, taking money when it's time to go (the fact that you can't leave yet isn't my problem), make schedules at a reasonable time, etc). Appreciate employees that do their job well, even if you don't particularly want to hang out with them after work.

Horrific Nightmare

I worked at Cinebarre

Pros

Free movies that you probably won't get a chance to see in your free time (what is this word "free time" you speak of?) before they get spoiled by walking in on them constantly.

Cons

The United States law defines Constructive Discharge as "... the employer either intentionally created or knowingly permitted working conditions that were so intolerable or aggravated at the time of the employee's resignation that a reasonable employer would realize that a reasonable person in the employee's position would be compelled to resign."

Difficult company to work for

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Cinebarre part-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are generally pretty fun. Free movies.

Cons

Long hours, really difficult to request any weekend days off, scheduling is always a mess since they have to send it off to corporate who inevitably changes everything, disregarding employees availability sometimes

Please stop micro managing the stores. It makes hiring people, requesting time off, and scheduling very difficult. Our store is consistently understaffed because corporate is the one approving or disapproving of new employees. We therefore have to work long hours on weekends and can never get a Saturday or Sunday off if we need it. I can't wait to quit.