Cinebarre

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
2.1

Terrell Braly

Pay for serving/bartending depends on the movies in the theater

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome staff, young people from 17-30 years old. Some additional training may be available through the company (TIPS Certification).

Cons

Schedule is determined weekly and changes frequently. Management is inexperienced.

Corrupt and Unprofessional

I worked at Cinebarre full-time

Pros

Oppurtunity to move up quickly for those who work hard.
    Relatively small company and quickly expanding.
    High pay.
    Can go from entry level to management very quickly.

Cons

Corporate is very hands on and controlling at every location.
    Unethical and unfair business practices. (Sexism, favoritism, etc)
    Very unprofessional corporate/manager/employee relations
    Screw people over.

Corporate needs to be less hands on and micromanaging. They need to trust their managers at individual stores to do their job and stop being so controlling and involved in every single employees life.

Very difficult company to work for.

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent food/bev pay, as many hours as you can handle, free movies, great co-workers (For the most part only seasoned food/bev employees can handle such a crazy business, so they're the ones that stick around longer than a week)

Cons

10-12 hour shifts most days. Constant micro-management from corporate office... Things like requiring pictures of people cleaning to prove it's happening, required logs for things that don't matter (Trash log, really?), and changing the schedule to how they see fit (You'll never get requested time off, I guarantee it). No holidays, and forget about benefits. You are rarely if ever shown appreciation for the ridiculously hard work you put in. If you are an attractive young lady and flirt with the CEO, you'll move up quick, just don't get pregnant.

Think about showing some appreciation to keep the good employees around, instead of forcing them out by never giving them a break. Stop micromanaging every little thing and let the store managers do their jobs. And the CEO just needs to stay out of his own stores, he's a creep.

Sketchy corporate office, good location staff.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Cinebarre full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are fun and make work enjoyable; time and a half for overtime; free movies;

Cons

Corporate is extremely involved in day to day operations of individual locations, making it difficult to have a manageable schedule and feel secure in your job. Write ups abound for the slightest first time infractions. They truly believe that the customer is always right and if a customer complains via email, a staffer is usually demoted over it. I have worked seven days in a row before and was asked to come in the day a family member died.

Treat employees like humans instead of slaves and trust your managers and supervisors to manage stores.

Long Hours, Terrible Management, Unfair to Employees

I worked at Cinebarre part-time

Pros

Good money if you hang out with the managers/owner. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

If you can win a popularity contest and never tire of working 60 hours a week without full-time benefits, Cinebarre would be a good place to work. Most days last at least 10 hours, most likely 12. They always call you, asking you to come in on your day off or early for your shift. The new managers that started have no idea what they're doing, the "boards" (which tell you what theatre you would be serving) would come out regularly after some movies already started, leaving the customers angry at the server for coming in late when they had no control of it, affecting the server's income. The owner is a clearly against diversity, both the FOH and BOH did not have any race other than Caucasian. He is also rude and demeaning, spending time checking out the female employees and sitting around stopping employees to worship him. If you didn't flirt with him while you were supposed to be working you had strikes against you. He would also make you serve all of his friends regularly and give them special treatment, and imply to them they didn't have to tip you. One of the managers is condescending, refuses to help and watches you with a sickeningly satisfied look on her face when you do what she says. I was written up by another manager towards the end of my employment for a "negative attitude." The manager stated I have a breakdown in the lobby in front of both customers and employees, yelling about my dissatisfaction with the company, even though he could not find anyone of my co-workers to confirm this incident happened. He wrote me up the day after the supposed incident, and didn't say therewas any kind of consequence, just that I had it in my file. A week later, i was texted by a co-worker that the schedule was finally up (half the time it's not posted online, I had the day off on thursday and the schedule comes out then for the week starting on friday), telling me that I was working at noon the next day and would be a food runner for the rest of the week. The manager had decided to demote me without letting me know, cutting my income more than in half for a single write up that had fabricated content. I worked one day as a runner before quitting after confirming that the demotion would continue for at least the rest of the week. Considering no other company I have worked for has filed a write-up about me or commented on a "negative attitude," I knew I would have no problem finding another job that actually appreciates it's employees.

Allow employees to do their job by actually doing yours (putting boards up on time, putting up side work lists, taking money when it's time to go (the fact that you can't leave yet isn't my problem), make schedules at a reasonable time, etc). Appreciate employees that do their job well, even if you don't particularly want to hang out with them after work.

Horrific Nightmare

I worked at Cinebarre

Pros

Free movies that you probably won't get a chance to see in your free time (what is this word "free time" you speak of?) before they get spoiled by walking in on them constantly.

Cons

The United States law defines Constructive Discharge as "... the employer either intentionally created or knowingly permitted working conditions that were so intolerable or aggravated at the time of the employee's resignation that a reasonable employer would realize that a reasonable person in the employee's position would be compelled to resign."

Difficult company to work for

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Cinebarre part-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are generally pretty fun. Free movies.

Cons

Long hours, really difficult to request any weekend days off, scheduling is always a mess since they have to send it off to corporate who inevitably changes everything, disregarding employees availability sometimes

Please stop micro managing the stores. It makes hiring people, requesting time off, and scheduling very difficult. Our store is consistently understaffed because corporate is the one approving or disapproving of new employees. We therefore have to work long hours on weekends and can never get a Saturday or Sunday off if we need it. I can't wait to quit.

An amazing summer at Cinebarre

Former Employee - Waitress in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Waitress in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at Cinebarre part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the people working here, including the CEO! There is a great atmosphere in this company -- work hard, make good money, and still have fun doing it. This is a company I would like to maybe pursue a career with. The concept (in theater dining) is awesome and is a growing trend in the US.

Cons

As with any restaurant job, there will be some late nights/heavy crowds, etc, but management does their best to get you in and out on time.

Love/Hate Relationship

Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Current Employee - Kitchen Staff in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Cinebarre

Pros

Lots of hours
    Decent pay
    All employees receive tip out from the night's sales.
    Free movies
    Great people to work with

Cons

Inflexible with hours
    Required to work /all/ holidays under threat of termination
    Disrespect from management
    Little to no room for growth
    No benefits even though you technically work full time
    Calling in sick causes management to look down on you
    Very difficult to get any time off

Listen to your employees and actually do something about the morale. When you have such a high turnover and employees complain every day then there is something wrong. Learn all of the positions and don't be afraid to jump in and help with dishes.

Serving at Cinebarre

I worked at Cinebarre

Pros

There are three reasons why anyone would want to work for Cinebarre. Reason one is the obvious, free movies. Reason two, if you are a server, the money is good (most of the time). Reason three, they don't discriminate against tattoos, piercings, or loud personalities.

Cons

There are plenty of reasons why you would not want to work for Cinebarre. One being that you will be expected to work every holiday without extra incentive to do so. Another downside is that your opinions as an employee on how to make the Cinebarre experience better will be ignored. The same problems happen over and over and it makes it very difficult to enjoy your work.

Advice to Senior Management: enough with the micro-managing already. Let the hardworking employees that YOU HIRED do their jobs and make their own decisions.