Cinedigm Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
2.0

Chris McGurk

Great projects, too many internal politics and mergers.

Former Employee - Acquisitions Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Acquisitions Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Cinedigm as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great projects and entertainment industry experience. Learned a tremendously about the future of digital platforms.

Cons

Too many executives and VPs and confusing internal politics.

Stop all the endless meetings about meetings.

Exciting entertainment company trying hard to make equally exciting work experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cinedigm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is on the move....recent acquisitions and plans for more, growth in new customers and new movies makes for exciting environment, and entertainment is fun industry

Cons

combining 2 companies after a merger is tough as there is lots of change and it results in lots of work to do. Company is generous with holidays and early dismissals on long weekends.

Senior management needs to communicate better with employees, get everybody in one office in LA and improve the communication between NYC and LA.

Rapid Growth Comany

I have been working at Cinedigm full-time

Pros

Company is scaling-up fast with an aggressive growth strategy in new media and digital content. Growth areas of the company offer excellent opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Restructuring through mergers and acquisitions creates a dynamic but sometimes unstable work environment.

Great coworkers and some members of the management team are stellar although access to leadership could be better.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disingenuous Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cinedigm full-time

Pros

Worked in the Software Division and was excited to be part of dynamic team with great goals.

Cons

Software team was cut out and 90% of team laid off in anticipation of sell. No communication and no plan. Company spent significant time and money building up a team that could have moved the software forward. Corporate bought Gaiam with little information form Corporate. A short time later, there was no more money for the software division. I was glad to leave before laid off or sold.

Have a plan and get a clue.

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cinedigm full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work with. Great way to network with outside clients.

Cons

I did not receive a raise in 3 years despite asking for one. No one knows what anyone does. No organizational chart. Managed poorly all around.

Wake up and realize that all employees are unhappy on both coasts!

This company is sinking thanks to COO and chief of staff

I have been working at Cinedigm as a contractor

Pros

All of the good employees we're let go because they were not liked not because of bad work product

Cons

The CFO fired all the founders. It's sad him and his

Be honest have integrity

Not the greatest, but not the worst.

Former Employee - Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Cinedigm as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This company used to go by the name of “New Video” before it changed to “Cinedigm”. So make sure to check some of the reviews for New Video as well. The office is nice, just a little cramped. And generally the people are very nice and helpful. They also have free snack and drinks.

Cons

This company has a high intern turnover rate. When I left the distribution scene around the fall last year (for privacy reasons I won’t say whether it was digital or theatrical distribution), someone told me that a lot of interns are constantly leaving and didn’t know why. But it shouldn’t be a surprise that interns leave so quickly, the pay is low and there is an office “bully” who creates a hostile environment for both the employees and interns. The reason why more employees aren’t leaving is because of the tough job market.

Interns don’t get paid enough to cover the front desk taking calls. It is an important business function, but not what I signed up for when I wanted to do digital distribution. Actually pay won’t be so much of an issue if there was a good learning experience. Though not all interns are created equal, interns in certain departments learn more than others, hence more satisfaction.

The final problem is the office “bully”, who gets quite confrontational with some employees for things that are not even work related. In summary he rubs people the wrong way and it decreases morale in current employees and interns alike. I am currently doing some freelance work which is tough, but by far a better experience than this company.

There is no HR in the NYC office. There is one in the LA office but not New York. There are roughly 70 people in one office; I would expect an HR person!!! A cheaper solution to hiring an HR person could be hiring an administrative intern. In short, the benefits provided by the office “bully” should be heavily assessed by higher management and whether it is worth the decreased productivity and morale of its employees and interns.

Against women's rights discrimination

Current Employee - Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Cinedigm full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're a fan of the 1900s when women can't work while they're pregnant or have babies

Cons

There's nothing going to say about the place the place is a complete hard to find nightmare. But you can't wait to get up from that dream stay clear

That be a day or a lawsuit will come to place for fighting pregnant women women who are on maternity leave and women on the hospital bed

This company needs better management.

Former Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cinedigm as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful Los Angeles office, free parking, coffee and snacks.
    Great Human Resources director.

Cons

Pervasive sense of disharmony between the Los Angeles corporate office and the software division in Woodland Hills.
    Low pay, and many fellow employees have a very confrontational attitude for no reason.
    A publicly traded company that never makes a profit seems like a poor choice for employment if you are looking for future raises and a promotion.

Terminate your employees in a professional manner, showing up to work and finding out that you are fired by your computer access being denied is not acceptable. I would not recommend working for this company.

Worked for Cinedigm? Contribute to the Community!