www.cinemark.com

Updated December 15, 2014
2.9

Cinemark CEO Alan W. Stock
Alan W. Stock

Pros
  • Free movies (it actually say I have to post a twenty word min but unfortunately (in 147 reviews)

• Benefits of watching free movies and getting free popcorn and drinks while at work (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have worked for the company for years and the minimum wage goes up, too bad (in 22 reviews)

• If nights, weekends and holidays are a deal breaker, you should avoid all movie theatres (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in West Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in West Monroe, LA

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a good job to have for experience to put on a resume. Probably only good thing about this job is free movie passes and early previews of movies before they get released. They like to give you pins and certificates for being there a year and really recognize you.

Cons

I have a General Manager who does not communicate with the other managers and workers well. He does not give clear instructions on what he wants. Seems like he is only there to criticize instead of boost up the workers. I have been there a year and not received a raise or promotion of any kind. Probably worst part of job are the customers who can be a pain but that is any job you have. Just have to maintain a positive attitude and put on a happy face. Another con is being open 365 days a year.

I would like upper management to maybe have surveys or something like that to fill out to get other management and employees views and opinions on what they think of the job.

Great Company, Lackluster Implementation

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free movies, discounted products, 401k for employees employed at least a year, flexible hours, and some hilarious stories.

Great for part time work for high school/college students.

Cons

Low pay for management, conflicts of interests, and petty politics.

Assistant Managers get the shaft just about every time. AMs have all of the responsibility and none of the compensation.

Pay managers more, or give better incentives to preform well. The majority of assistant managers are just using Cinemark for training, and resume building opportunities only to quit and move somewhere else.

Consider actually enforcing a no-fraternization rule between GMs, AMs, and employees.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Cinemark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked here for 5 years... 2 as a usher/concessionist/box office cashier/projectionist and then 3 as an assistant manager. It was a pretty flexible job and hours were really good.

Cons

Even though I worked a good 50+ hours a week I was still considered part time and didn't receive full time benefits. Never received a raise or evaluation. Upper management sucks.

Take better care of your employees.

Flexible hours, Good first job

Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

Flexible hours for students and you get free movies (on your free time) and free popcorn (when you work). Management and coworkers are nice and fun to work with.

Cons

Working holidays and weekends is required. Customers are rude. The regional leaders give impractical orders and are disconnected with how things actually work.

Lose the name tags. They're dangerous and get caught on everything.

An average company with ups and downs but overall you learn about the true value of business.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time

Pros

Free movies, 50% discount, Great place to meet people and grow as a person in a work place, flexible with schedule.

Cons

dealing with rude and unreasonable customers, pay raise come rarely, inconsistent with rules and regulations, no real appreciation to employees, lack of communications, working constantly late nights, weekends are rarely off, pay is low for the requirements of the job, very little opportunity to grow within the business unless gained personal relationship and/or respect of management.

respecting the employees, setting a clear border between personal opinions and business, having no favoritism and unfair judgements towards employees, having consistency in communication between cooperate to management to employees.

Long hours

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Cinemark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free movies and popcorn. Meet lots of people.

Cons

GM shows favoritism. Work late hours. Varing schedule

Try to let people work both days and nights instead of sticking them on a shift and forgetting about them.

Good first job

I worked at Cinemark full-time

Pros

Good experience working for the first time

Cons

Don't care about you well being.

poor direction, unclear decision making

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY

I worked at Cinemark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fun place to work, for they type of work the pay is decent but could be better

Cons

poor corporate direction; audits are almost meaningless and no actual direction or clarity on the standards

If you work hard as a Team Member, you are not always promoted.

Former Employee - Team Member in Palmdale, CA
    Former Employee - Team Member in Palmdale, CA

I worked at Cinemark part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depends on the theater, but ours gave one free movie a day with another person. Great perk. Also if you were one to close concessions, you got to take home the popcorn.

Cons

At my location, raises were only $0.10 each time. Even during high school that was not great.

If you care about your employees, treat them that way.

Cons are based on work life balance

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very respectful of my needs and value my input.

Cons

Always on call, schedule is second shift, weekends and ALL holidays, work life balance is hard to create.

Cinemark Photos