Cinemark

Updated January 25, 2015
2.9

Cinemark CEO Alan W. Stock
Alan W. Stock

Pros
  • Free movies (it actually say I have to post a twenty word min but unfortunately (in 147 reviews)

• Benefits of watching free movies and getting free popcorn and drinks while at work (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have worked for the company for years and the minimum wage goes up, too bad (in 22 reviews)

• If nights, weekends and holidays are a deal breaker, you should avoid all movie theatres (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great part time job for high school kids

Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Newark, CA

I worked at Cinemark part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work was easy to do, nothing that required extensive training. A lot of team worked involved in the concession stands. Would have secret shoppers who would give us prizes if we initiated upselling of items.

Cons

The theaters never close so it is hard to get holidays off. Sometimes were understaffed when it comes to cleaning theaters after the movies came out

I had an a great time working here.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Frisco, TX

I worked at Cinemark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free movies, popcorn and drinks (only on break though), half price concession items when on break

Cons

Long hours, stressful at times when it is busy.

Very chaotic when busy. Otherwise a good starter job for any first timers.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are down to earth, schedule is accommodating for anyone in school. Time-off policy depends

Cons

Physically taxing. Be ready to be on your feet throughout your entire shift. A lot of stairs and walking around involved.

Compensation is very below average for management. Higher starting rates and raise incentives are definitely a recommendation.

I liked working at cinemark. The employees and managers are all nice and the customers are as well.

Former Employee - Usher/Concessions in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessions in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

You get free popcorn on your break or when you close concession for the night. 2 free tickets every work week is a plus.

Cons

Sometimes the customers can be rude but just keep a positive attitude and you will be fine. The pay is minimum but you get a raise every year.

The managers should be a little friendly with there employees. Some won't even say a word to you for years as you work there.

Great

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Was able to work up the ladder in the company. My managers were great at training.

Cons

You work everyday of the year .

None

Manager

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Flexable work environment. Okay pay. Free movies. Room for advancement.

Cons

Always work weekends and holidays. Only pays floor employees minimum wage.

Great people, Free movies, Horrible management, Poor pay

Current Employee - Concessionist in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Concessionist in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people were pretty fun to work with. Free movies is what definitely keeps a lot of people staying. When you're on your break, you get half off everything. Some of the management were also pretty cool. Very easy job. Also, good hours only if you know management well and will definitely get days off if requested on a day that is not expected to be busy.

Cons

Opened 365 days a year. Missed Christmas, Halloween, July 4th, and Thanksgiving cause I had to work. The management picks favorites at times. The GM never wants to say hi, only to those who have worked for a while. The male managers are quite perverted. You'll slowly start to realize that this kind of job isn't worth minimum wage. Hours get cut or are more depending on movies, so hope great movies are coming out.

Be mature and actually learn to manage.

it a good experience but could use some better manger to make the place run smoother

Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (less than an year)

Pros

we get to use watch movie for free , we get half off food when working and free ticket for friend and family sometimes.

Cons

no good employees to train, not good managers, need to better cleaned , not good location,

retrain the manger to have better way to run concessions , clean more , make sure people don't violate health code with happen all the time , be more strict in enforcing rules, have more safety meeting and employee awareness meeting every week because when your employee are informed the business is runs smoother .

Decent job for a high school kid

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

They offer discounted movie passes for employees.

Cons

The store assistant managers power trip. Very few of them are older than 23 years old and make you call them Sir or Ms. The pay is very low. Very little opportunity for advancement.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in West Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in West Monroe, LA

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a good job to have for experience to put on a resume. Probably only good thing about this job is free movie passes and early previews of movies before they get released. They like to give you pins and certificates for being there a year and really recognize you.

Cons

I have a General Manager who does not communicate with the other managers and workers well. He does not give clear instructions on what he wants. Seems like he is only there to criticize instead of boost up the workers. I have been there a year and not received a raise or promotion of any kind. Probably worst part of job are the customers who can be a pain but that is any job you have. Just have to maintain a positive attitude and put on a happy face. Another con is being open 365 days a year.

I would like upper management to maybe have surveys or something like that to fill out to get other management and employees views and opinions on what they think of the job.

Cinemark Photos