Cinemark Reviews

Reset
3.1
Cinemark CEO Timothy Warner
Timothy Warner

Pros
  • Free movies (it actually say I have to post a twenty word min but unfortunately (in 147 reviews)

• Benefits of watching free movies and getting free popcorn and drinks while at work (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • It is great as a part-time job, but do not expect to make much more than your starting minimum wage (even with a promotion to management) (in 22 reviews)

• Work all the time during weekends and holidays (in 8 reviews)

1. Cinemark employee

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Management and Staff.
    flexible hours.

Cons

Stressful situations.
    long nights and early mornings

2. Great work environment

Former Employee - Concession/Box Offive in Gulfport, MS
    Former Employee - Concession/Box Offive in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great job for anybody in school, fair management, flexible schedule, and opportunity to cross train into other departments!

Cons

Concession is by far the hardest department at this company. Slippery from all the butter, hardly any help from management on restocking during rushes, and extremely late nights on weekends!

Advice to Management

Don't show that you have favorites, giving special treatment is not part of the job!

3. Great job while in school

Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Greeley, CO
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Greeley, CO

I worked at Cinemark (More than a year)

Pros

flexible
    fun for movie buffs
    fun environment
    great management

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I loved working here

Advice to Management

Make opportunities to grow within the company more known. I would have stayed after graduation if i knew of them

5. Great Company

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall great company to work for.

Cons

Working holidays and weekends stinks but it comes with the job.

Mileage may vary, but easy job.

Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Fayetteville, GA
    Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Fayetteville, GA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the easiest job I've ever had. It doesn't matter whether you work box office, concessions, or as an usher, nothing about this is difficult. Things can get hectic around the holidays and with big name films, but it's still simple stuff. Some Theaters will be better or worse to work for depending on how good management and co-workers are.

Cons

Corporate will bend or break nearly any policy if it means avoiding customer complaints. It can be frustrating to explain to a customer why something cannot be done only to have a manager override you because there was a complaint about something else entirely three weeks before, and they don't want to give anyone an excuse to send in another.

Advice to Management

There's no point in making any policy whatsoever if you don't stick to it. Stick up for your employees first. In my experience as a customer anywhere I go, the ones who get - and deserve - good customer service are good customers. You have more to lose from pleasing bad customers than you do just letting them be angry about policy. That's how you show your employees that you don't value them, by letting such customers bully them and management until they get their way.

7. Best Job I've had

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager

I worked at Cinemark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for while you're in school. Will work around your schedule. Great hours if you're not a morning person. Free movies is arguably the best perk. My theatre was a great team environment. Helps you to learn good basic as well as management skills. Would recommend this job as a great starter job to anyone.

Cons

The biggest con would be pay. Management is not compensated much more than the floor staff for the amount of responsibility they are given. Other than that it's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to be adjusted to be up to par with comparable jobs in the field.

8. Very Fun!

Current Employee - Concessionist in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - Concessionist in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the caring management
    Flexible schedule
    Entry level
    Customers are usually kind

Cons

Uniforms
    If you're not careful you could burn yourself
    If something breaks, forget about talking to corporate

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, all you managers. You are the greatest. Corporate could afford to listen to their branches more often.

9. Great first job.

Former Employee - Box Office Cashier and Projectionist in Gahanna, OH
    Former Employee - Box Office Cashier and Projectionist in Gahanna, OH

I worked at Cinemark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.
    Flexible hours.
    Free Movies

Cons

Minimum wage
    Unorganized management
    Little room for advancement

10. Easy work for minimum wage.

Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office/Maintenance in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office/Maintenance in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours are good for students. Super easy job... you can literally do the work half asleep or even hungover (Personal experience. It's that easy.). The staff and managers are very nice and accommodating as long as you do your job. Free movies and 50% off concession food during break time is also really nice. In addition, you can sometimes request free movie posters and movie stands after the movie has premiered.

Cons

Customers can be very rude, but that's to be expected in the service industry. Required to work weekends and holidays. Also don't stay too long or else you'll get stuck in the "Cinemark Sinkhole" and never leave because it's too easy of a job.

Advice to Management

PLEASE get rid of the lanyards for the name tags! It gets caught on something at least once a day. For example, just last week, I was placing popping oil under the popper, and the name tag got caught on the box. My head got yanked down and I barely missed smashing my face into the metal frame by about half and inch. It is hazardous and actually spends most of the time flipped around. I understand the need for the purple lanyards to denote underage workers, but those at least over 18 should go back to the clip-on name tags, before someone gets really injured.

11. Company executives have their goals in the right place - taking care of employees & customers

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fun environment, free movies, meet lots of new friends, exciting place to be on opening nights, tons of opportunity to advance all around the country & world.

Cons

working weekends & holidays, late nights, dealing with the public and complaints, low starting wage for entry level positions, can get pretty busy during rushes

Advice to Management

higher pay structures for lower/middle management would be nice

RSS Feed </> Embed