Cinemark Reviews

291 reviews filtered by

1. Great part time job for high school kids

Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessesions/Box Office in Newark, CA

I worked at Cinemark part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work was easy to do, nothing that required extensive training. A lot of team worked involved in the concession stands. Would have secret shoppers who would give us prizes if we initiated upselling of items.

Cons

The theaters never close so it is hard to get holidays off. Sometimes were understaffed when it comes to cleaning theaters after the movies came out

2. Very chaotic when busy. Otherwise a good starter job for any first timers.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are down to earth, schedule is accommodating for anyone in school. Time-off policy depends

Cons

Physically taxing. Be ready to be on your feet throughout your entire shift. A lot of stairs and walking around involved.

Compensation is very below average for management. Higher starting rates and raise incentives are definitely a recommendation.

3. Not focused on employee satisfaction

I have been working at Cinemark full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can be a fun and exciting atmosphere

Cons

Must work weekends and holidays with limited holiday pay. Raises were always the bare minimum and you never got a sense that they cared about employee retention at all.

5. Concessionist

Current Employee - Concessionist in Towson, MD
    Current Employee - Concessionist in Towson, MD

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (more than a year)

Pros

• 50% off concession items during break
    • Free Movies
    • Courtesy bags of Free Popcorn during break
    • Bring your own cup for Free Drink during break
    • Lovers for the fast-paced environment

Cons

• Hard to take off weekends
    • Can't take off holidays (Although the Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years holidays receive time and a half only)
    • Minimum wage
    • Hard to get promotions
    • 30 minute breaks
    • Dirty break room every morning
    • Not many lockers
    • Even though we tell the managers that we have thieves that work here they still consist on not putting cameras in the break room.
    • First Aid has lack of sizable band aids
    • The new people aren't trained properly (why schedule the new people during the busiest times on the weekends, I would never understand)
    • Takes away movie privileges when inventory is jacked up (our free movies have been suspended for three weeks, and this is a on going thing)
    • Managers that don't manage (such as do other tasks outside of concession)
    • You have to take wailers of trash down two elevators in order to get to the trash compactor.
    • Managers don't like to take advice from employees but seem to just make up their own rules.
    • Lack of direction
    • Safety book forget about it, when the last time I signed a safety book
    • If your dealing with the hot food prepared to get burnt if not really careful.

Cinemark Towson, Maryland
    Now that I've downloaded the Glassdoor app I can finally voice out my opinion about the company I currently work for.

Complete disaster all these things I tell you I lie to you not. I wish these things weren't true. I wish that corporate or the Regional Leader will take action ASAP. But honestly I don't think anybody cares, the people working for the company and the people higher up.
    I think I'm the only one that sees this because I'm from a different Cinemark theater where we knew how we were supposed be treated.
    I should really just call about this company. And I just wish I knew all of my rights.
    Late last year I was one of the few to transfer this new theater in Towson, MD (Been there for Six months). Both are Cinemark companies. And I tell you that the new theater (opened for about six months) still has a lots of improvements to make.
    On yelp we're getting better customer reviews which is great. Yes It looks good to the customers on the outside but for the employees its to be hell working here.
    I've been working here since I was 18, I'm 20 now and I can't believe I've been with the company for 1&1/2 and still deal with crap. But I'm leaving pretty soon.
    Honestly I gave up in putting in my hard work because I feel slaved. The people above us treat us like trash.
    You're better off working at McDonald's at least you're off some holidays and get paid a little more.

Please you can't have the Cinemark theaters in Maryland hanging. Send secret shoppers or something. Maybe 2 years from now it'll be better.

• Train the Managers to train us to run this business
    • More Cameras could be helpful
    • More security ( all the doors in the building have the same except for the emergency exit and the door that need keys)
    • Reward the employees that do right.
    • Reevaluate everything here at this locate

6. I liked working at cinemark. The employees and managers are all nice and the customers are as well.

Former Employee - Usher/Concessions in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessions in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

You get free popcorn on your break or when you close concession for the night. 2 free tickets every work week is a plus.

Cons

Sometimes the customers can be rude but just keep a positive attitude and you will be fine. The pay is minimum but you get a raise every year.

The managers should be a little friendly with there employees. Some won't even say a word to you for years as you work there.

7. Great

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Was able to work up the ladder in the company. My managers were great at training.

Cons

You work everyday of the year .

None

8. Manager

I worked at Cinemark

Pros

Flexable work environment. Okay pay. Free movies. Room for advancement.

Cons

Always work weekends and holidays. Only pays floor employees minimum wage.

9. Great people, Free movies, Horrible management, Poor pay

Current Employee - Concessionist in Boynton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Concessionist in Boynton Beach, FL

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people were pretty fun to work with. Free movies is what definitely keeps a lot of people staying. When you're on your break, you get half off everything. Some of the management were also pretty cool. Very easy job. Also, good hours only if you know management well and will definitely get days off if requested on a day that is not expected to be busy.

Cons

Opened 365 days a year. Missed Christmas, Halloween, July 4th, and Thanksgiving cause I had to work. The management picks favorites at times. The GM never wants to say hi, only to those who have worked for a while. The male managers are quite perverted. You'll slowly start to realize that this kind of job isn't worth minimum wage. Hours get cut or are more depending on movies, so hope great movies are coming out.

Be mature and actually learn to manage.

10. it a good experience but could use some better manger to make the place run smoother

Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Richmond, CA

I have been working at Cinemark part-time (less than a year)

Pros

we get to use watch movie for free , we get half off food when working and free ticket for friend and family sometimes.

Cons

no good employees to train, not good managers, need to better cleaned , not good location,

retrain the manger to have better way to run concessions , clean more , make sure people don't violate health code with happen all the time , be more strict in enforcing rules, have more safety meeting and employee awareness meeting every week because when your employee are informed the business is runs smoother .

11. This company doesn't give a crap about its employees at all.

Current Employee - Slave in Hurst, TX
    Current Employee - Slave in Hurst, TX

I have been working at Cinemark

Pros

-free movies
    -50% of at concessions

Cons

the long hours are a pain the managements sucks

Get Some management experience beforehand