Cinnabon

3.2

Gary Bales

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Cinnabon Crew Member

I have been working at Cinnabon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was thinking about working in the culinary arts and this job was a great way to get some experience! Its a fast paced job, everyone does everything. You are not at a specific station you are a crew member. Meaning you are a cashier, you make the Cinnabons and other products, you do the dishes, you stock on items and so on. It is a lot of work but it is a great job! The first day is overwhelming because there are many, many things to learn and do but it gets easier and fun from there! The perks are great! You can eat and drink anything on your shift (away from customers view) You get 50% off everything, your friends get 10% and immediate family gets 50% as well! Within a few weeks you are a master of the kitchen and you get great customer service skills!

Cons

This place is a "customer first" guarantee, anything that you are doing you must stop to be able to help a customer out and it is very annoying sometimes because you have to stop in the middle of where you are and then try to pick it back up when you're done helping a customer.

Great Fun Experience

Former Employee - Cashier/Cinnamon Roll Maker in Queens Village, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cinnamon Roll Maker in Queens Village, NY

I worked at Cinnabon part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Pay I guess for my age , some hire at 15 , get free cinnabon rolls meet a lot of people

Cons

Cons all stores are small and its kinda hard to make the rolls

Smells like Team Spirit

Former Employee - Supervisor in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Spokane, WA

I worked at Cinnabon part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

i worked for Six years at the franchise held by the creators son. Only four stores at that time. So DM was very hands on and even worked in her stores. They were very willing to work with your schedule. Also for a primarily part time job they would even give you raises. Employee appreciation encouraged.

Cons

Back then it would be the uniform, has improved much. Coming home and finding cinnamon sugar in some strange places. Mainly employed teenagers with low attention spans and not alot of work ethic.

Great place not so great for growth

I have been working at Cinnabon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good service and good food

Cons

Not much room to go up

Lower prices and customers will come more often

Cinnabon is on the cutting edge of Brand development and Innovation

Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cinnabon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You're always challenged to learn and grow as the company evolves. No one is ever bored or not being pushed to be developed or grow.

Cons

Not crazy about how the health benefits recently changed and the much higher plan deductibles. HSA is good.

Follow the Company Values when making decisions about the growth and direction of the Brand. They often preach one thing and then do another.

The Corporate Side is great.

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

I worked at Cinnabon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great teamwork. This company gives you the environment to thrive and learn to do many things beyond your specialty, if desired.

Cons

Changed the health benefits recently to a plan with a much higher deductible. Franchisees are not always well screened resulting in challenges for the filed operations teams.

Find a direction and stay with it. The menu development side and PR are all over the place.

Working at Cinnabon has its fun times especially seeing people's face light up when serving them.

Current Employee - Cinnabon Crew Member

I have been working at Cinnabon part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are definitely the pros about working here, we are friends and family and have a blast working together.

Cons

The cons about working here is that it's franchise owned which means your owner can be really cool or really terrible and they're not obligated to give raises. Some of the people I work with that have gotten hired after me has received a raise and I haven't. Also corporate is very sometimes overly picky.

When promoting someone length of employment, knowledge of the job, etc. should be taken into consideration. I've been here for over a year and very qualified for a raise and promotion and people less qualified with less time have been promoted and gotten raises.

ran day to day operations

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Cinnabon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

working with people, baking everyday, inside look on how a buisness is ran. can somewhat work my own schdule. getting to make people smile when they come in the store.

Cons

higher up managment didnt listen as much as they should. franchase store which is a little more stressful. felt like they didnt care about the outcome. a little shady when hiring at times.

listen to the people helping run the stores.

Crew leader, no advances in job or pay available.

I worked at Cinnabon

Pros

Good experience with customer service, pacing, very laid-back, and works with school schedules.

Cons

Extremely rude people, three years of working and my pay was capped at 8.50,

You should not cap your employees at such a low rate, need more ways to move up in the company, better transition with merging companies, and you need to make your employees feel more valued in the company.

It was an ok starter job.

I worked at Cinnabon

Pros

Good hours for the most part.

Cons

Very boring and not challenging at all.

Hire more dependable people.