Cinsay Reviews

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014

Christian Briggs

Fast Moving Startup with Opportunities

I have been working at Cinsay full-time

Pros

Chance to create new solutions and solve problems in a growing start up. Multiple opportunities to add to the company's areas of technology and business development. Located in desired cities (Austin and Dallas). Great employees and staff.

Cons

Fast moving pace means multiple changes and last minute scheduling. As with all start ups, self-management to meet needed company goals is often necessary.

Unstable Company

I worked at Cinsay full-time

Pros

Got the opportunity to learn about new technology. The company tried to promote a fun environment. If you knew how to play the politics game, you could probably do pretty well in this company.

Cons

Very unstable. Never knew if you'd have your job the next week. Updates to the technology never had a stable timeline.

Don't work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cinsay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There wasn't much work to do so getting paid to be on Reddit all day wasn't too bad. All the people in the Austin office were great to work with.

Cons

There wasn't much work to do so your job is not secure. The Management in Dallas was horrible.

Hire better management.

Not worth the headaches.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cinsay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many are offered the opportunity to work from home. Company provides all necessary implements to work from home. Hours are steady. Bosses are okay, but not the best.

Cons

The challenges of working here. Hmm. Well, let's start with the fact that there is NO COMMUNICATION. I could get a call from one person asking for a specific thing, send it over, and then a call or email or Skype from another person, angry about the fact that they haven't received this specific thing yet - when, in fact, it was already sent. Layoffs - or RIFs, - are COMMON, very common. If you don't get in good with the bosses quickly, you'll lose your job within 6 months. People get fired and laid off constantly. There one day, gone the next. The pay is crap. I worked full-time and never even got my benefits until 6 months after I started, and a reduction in pay when they decided to make me salary. The customers are angry, they are not getting what they want, and the employees just wanna pass the buck of the angry customer off to someone else. Drama. Cinsay spends more than it makes, the CEO and his daughter are running that company into the ground. These customers sign up for this service and that service, and, a few weeks later, that service isn't being offered anymore, and the customers are still paying for it! There are more customers calling to cancel than there are to sign up. People don't win with Cinsay. The people, the people were great. I loved my coworkers, and then, without warning, without advance notice, without even a reason, we were all laid off with crap severance and BS excuses. It's a pathetic place to work. It's a start-up company relying on investors and sponsors to pay the bills, spending $1,000,000/month in SALARIES (that's absurd for a start-up company!) and running out of fuel.

Get a board of directors so the CEO has to be held accountable for his spending, and quit letting his daughter run the company into the ground.

Rearranging the Deck Chairs on the Titanic

I worked at Cinsay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You got decent benefits. I guess if you can deal with the crap pay, that's a good thing. I worked with some genuinely good people who were a lot of fun to work with.

Cons

Where do I start. The pay is crap. Unless you're C-level, you won't make a whole lot. If you do manage to get a promotion you won't be compensated for it, but you will get is a meaningless title and a whole lot of expectations to do whatever it is your superiors want at the drop of hat or on your time off (including running errands for theCEO's daughter). Then there's the nepotism, the CEO (who is a load of work) let's his very young and incredibly inexperienced daughter, run major aspects of a company that's supposed to be on the verge of greatness (it isn't and they will most likely never achieve it with the current upper level management). Do you like communicating with your fellow employees to get things done in an effective manner? Well you won't find that here. You'll have one person telling you to do something and then at the same time other managers will randomly start demanding to see where something is because the other manager didn't bother to communicate or plan with the other managers about a course of action or the details of a project. The product is crap and their customers are constantly upsold on things it can't do, and after awhile they start canceling but are still charged usually. Do you like job security? There's none of that here. Layoffs and firings are very common. My contacts list within the company was like a graveyard by the time I left. There's a whole lot more I could say to persuade you not to work here, but some one will probably tell people they need to write a bunch of positive reviews about how Cinsay is a face paced company with great opportunities and this will get buried. Also, if you're an investor or potential investor, you're going to lose a lot of money sinking money into this place, but hey the CEO will get another Lamborghini with your money!

Management won't listen, because that's not what they do, but if they do reign in the CEO. His direction for the company is going to be it's downfall.

Very Very Bad

I worked at Cinsay full-time

Pros

There is no good reason i can think of, which i can suggest my friends over here to work with this company.

Cons

Every day is a challenge when you work in cinsay. Pay is really bad, they do not take care of their employees at all. They only can drain your efforts out.

Need to build the company with some serious management people not with teenagers and inexperience people, they seriously need to stop micro managing people and get to the real corporate.

Quality Company to work for

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cinsay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is open with educating your self to better your career. Friendly professional people to work with.

Cons

I think company is a good place to work, I have no cons.

Great company with great opportunities

I have been working at Cinsay full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with tremendous potential. Management takes care of employees and helps them to succeed.

Cons

Some changes happen to quickly. Company should sit on ideas to see outcome.

Keep up the good work.

Fast paced but on the right track

I have been working at Cinsay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cinsay moves quickly but is dedicated to furthering its technology. eCommerce and online video stats are through the roof. Cinsay offers an amazing tool and all employees are offered free Smart Stores to promote what they want. From what I've seen, each employee is as dedicated as the next when it comes to seeing the company succeed.

Cons

May have long hours during tight deadlines.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Cinsay full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cinsay is a great place for personal growth. I took an entry level position when I first started and it didn't take long for me to move into a position and department that I love and feeds my passion. I have learned a lot since starting and have wonderful coworkers. This is a fast pace company so everyday is fun and has something different to offer.

Cons

This company is still growing so processes change often. If you are unable to cope with change, working here will not be for you.

More communication