Cintas
www.cintas.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Cintas Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends"
    in 34 reviews
  • "Plenty of opportunity for advancement"
    in 31 reviews
Cons:
  • "High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance"
    in 28 reviews
  • "High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles"
    in 41 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good career path and earning potential for young professionals.

Market Manager (Current Employee)
Richmond, CA

I have been working at Cintas

ProsGreat opportunity to earn what you work for in professional positions. (Big bell curve, but performance = big $$) Sales careers pay much better than competitors, and other business services companies. Great career path for sales professionals.

ConsNew organizational chart created sales/operations silos. Lack of communication between the two is hurting ability to adapt in changing market climate. Horrible, outdated operating systems to manage businesses. Too much manual reporting. Information is constantly repackaged 100 different ways. (Inefficient)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the silos. Ops and Sales teams need to report back to the same person at the market level. The right hand is not talking to the left hand, and it’s going to have negative long term effects.
Or – get the scorecards realigned to stop the unproductive end fighting and turf wars.

Great fringe benefits but salary stinks!

Major Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cintas

ProsFlexibility and endless opportunity to earn commission. The car package is great too. Free car, free gas, free insurance. The flexibility ensures a healthy work/life balance. Recognition is a plus for Cintas. They post results daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly so you know where you stand vs. your peers.

ConsSalary is very low compared to other sales organizations. Another downside to Cintas is that there is very little room to grow if you are not a white male. Our organizations leaders above my role are all white males. This is discouraging. There is also no focus on growing an individuals strengths or improving their weaknesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on improving your sales force on an individual level.

Great Company

Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cintas

ProsCintas offers all partners the opportunity to advance in the company. Cintas offers training in virtually every area of the business through online programs and seminars. Management at this company has an open door policy and respects the ideas of their partners. Cintas offers great benefits and fronts the cost for the majority of these. Work hard with this company and good things will come to you.

ConsManagement can sometimes be slow to move on important iniatives. Goals are often very lofty and can sometimes be seen as unachievable. The 401K match is subpar to other companies of this size and bonuses are very hard to reach.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to partners in the field before and major decision is made and get their opinions.

You get back what you put in!

Catalog Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Allentown, PA

I have been working at Cintas

ProsYou get back what you put in. If you care about your performance and desire the responsibility that may greatly affect many aspects of the business Cintas is for you. You are your own manger in many respects & with that comes the expectation that you will achieve the goals necessary to grow your business and greatly increase the long term value of the company. Working with the customers & helping your partners achieve their goals is a hallmark of what is great about being a manager @ Cintas.

ConsWork/life balance but to be great many hours have to be put in & hard work is necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to the foundations of our business. Niche markets should not comprise the foundation for the years business plan. We're great at floor mats, towels, the rental & purchase of uniforms. Stay committed to this and our long term value will be sure to grow.

Career Advancement at great stable company

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cintas

ProsCareer Advancement opportunities for those that want to work hard.

ConsYou have to pay the price to be great, which means sometimes way more than 40+ a week. Have to adapt to situations on the fly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in R&D and technology.

Small company feeling, corporate backing.

Service Representative (Current Employee)
Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cintas

ProsThe best reason to work for Cintas Document is the atmosphere of a smaller company with the backing of a corporation. Every day my immediate supervisor give constructive feedback to help me succeed. They are always available, knowledgeable, and eager to keep their employees happy. In fact, keeping their employees happy is their goal. Every review I do is centered around the mantra of keeping their employees happy.

ConsA downside is also the atmosphere of a smaller company. If you aren't the type that craves constant contact with your boss than Cintas Document is not for you. I find it o.k. but at times it can feel like overkill. I wonder, at times, why he's in my business... but I guess that's his job....

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent so we can help you out.

Expreience that will translate to any industry or any occupation.

Service Training Coordinator (Current Employee)
Juneau, AK

I have been working at Cintas

ProsExpreience that will translate to any industry or any occupation.

ConsWork/life balance when in management,.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to pay people what they are worth should you want your management team to be around for life.

Work hard Play when you have time.

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cintas

ProsCareer development and growth potential they provide a great platform for you to hone your skills. Cintas is a strong company that rewards partners based on performance and not tenure. The future is bright despite the slow economy, that will eventually turn around. Cintas is a cash company and will always be driven by its customers and its ability to make profits by exceeding customers expectations. When Cintas took over our company we saw a dramatic improvement and structure that helped all the partners excel beyond what they thought was possible I could not be happier about my choice to work for Cintas.

ConsThe amount of hours you will put in. If you are a non stop go getter you will never take time off unless you are made to by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work and grow.

Cintas - A career for life.

Management Trainee (Current Employee)
Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Cintas

ProsThe benefits are one of the best features of employment at Cintas. My health insurance is second to none. The support for a balance between my professional life and personal life is outstanding, even though long hours are sometimes needed to get my work done. The people at my location are awesome to work with. Opportunity for advancement is great!

ConsSalary partners sometimes work long, long hours. The dental insurance is nothing to write home about, but still good.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job overall, but could use a little more people skills.

Sign customers up and deal with the problems later.

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Cintas

ProsGood Benefits, and compensation package.

ConsAwful operations, complain about the budget and now how customers are being taken care of. Sales are expected to sell with lack of inventory. Have to sign 5 year contract.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about customers and not budgets and maybe the budget will fix itself.

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!

Cintas Videos

Cintas – Why Work for Us?

Cintas is Team Driven, and the true spirit we share gives us a competitive edge. We win together by working together as a team, giving mutual respect to all of our co-workers regardless of their background or tenure… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cintas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Cintas employees.