Cintas Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 36 reviews)

• You work long hours, no opportunities for growth and management is awful (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

4.5 out of 5 Stars about says it all

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are generally a cut above the average and there is great support and corporate culture for those who fit the bill (and many do not want to) but the incentives are there for those who work (I doubled my income the day Cintas took over our old company).

Cons

not everyone fits the bill & not everyone wants to enough to enjoy the perks of being #1.

Respect and better retain your top producing talent

Solid company that is growing if they don't mess it up.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good benefits, good corporate culture, great people, open to change and new ideas, challenging and never boring. It is a pleasant work environment and I enjoy going to work every day. They are very understanding of needing to take off for numerous reasons. Have the capability to work from home if needed, which is wonderful. There is job security here in the fact that they are understaffed and can't afford to lose anyone.

Cons

Have to work there a year to get any sick time/time off. Cintas Managed Solutions - Fire Protection group does not have much room for upward growth. People are not fully appreciated for the work they do. People get promotions but they are long overdue. It appears that if you want to move up within the company you have to be willing to move far away.

Listen to your employees. Sometimes the fix to the workload is really as simple as hiring one or two more people. don't try to shuffle the same deck of cards and say that it will be better. Be open and honest with your employees, we care and deserve that. Put actions behind your words.

It was probably the best opportunity for a college student to see if they want to work in B2B Sales.

Current Employee - Sales Scholar
    Current Employee - Sales Scholar

I have been working at Cintas as an intern

Pros

-Cintas is a 100% awesome company and has one of the BEST cultures at all levels
    -The communication skills at every level is phenominal
    -I really liked how they allowed me as a student to manage my own territory. It was tough but it really allowed me to see what sales ACTUALLY is.
    -They put a lot of trust in their interns by going out and by letting us representing company which I thought was GREAT!
    - Have expense account as a student
    - Got to go on a FREE TRIP and meet VPs, President, and the CEO of a $5 billion company
    - Team outtings

Cons

I want to mak a disclaimer to all college students looking at this review. Theses are VERY minor cons but I wanted to be real.

- Not as much training as I would of liked
    - If your not willing to work hard (Don't apply)
    - Early mornings (Not required)
    - Only have a month of actual selling so if you can't figure out sales process - it can be frustrating

Overall, Cintas is a very leadership based company. I found my experience to be GREAT. My manager and I did not always see eye to eye on everything BUT he was always there to help. He would do anything to help me with work or outside of work. I can't really say managment did anything wrong but maybe a littlebit more in field training.

Hard work, great development, put a lot on your plate.

Current Employee - Service Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely hands on and immediate impact to the organization when you start. Not a desk job. Great company values but inconsistent execution across locations. Comp is low for managerial, competitive for similar sales roles. Develop their talent pool well- all partners invested in their own development see a return on hard work and drive to learn.

Cons

As MT and future leader they give you more than you can handle to see how you prioritize and delegate. Same goes for Service Management. Coaching those skills helps but a 360 change doesn't happen overnight. Burn out rate is high for those who hold themselves to a high standard. The work is never done.

For those diligent in maintaining a work-life balance leadership at Cintas is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow. If driven to keep inbox empty or build a flawless track record - go into sales. The culture is professional and finally changing with the times. All around fantastic organization and I enjoy Cintas First Aid and helping save lives!

low wages for amount of work expected

Current Employee - SSR in Marianna, FL
    Current Employee - SSR in Marianna, FL

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you learn about providing good customer service.

Cons

low pay, but not in the minds of management. 5 interviews for a low wage. employees lie about wages when in the interview process.

stop being greedy and pay a decent wage.

Strong stable company to work for

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nash, TN
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nash, TN

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good corporate training facilities and travel opportunities

Cons

There are some unrealistic production expectations to meet

Good company depending on what division you're in

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely stable, never have to worry about layoffs, good economic performance. Good training programs for all roles. There is a huge variance in leadership based on the location you're at, so I could go either way with that being a positive or a negative!

Cons

Complete lack of work/life balance, very high expectations and limited opportunities if you're not at the corporate office. Sometimes it feels like the things we say make us better/different than our competitors are not true and that we are just the same.

I'd like to see us reward long term customers by not raising their prices out of control; give discounts to those who stay.

Cintas becomes your life!

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! We are in this together attitude!

Cons

Hours can be long... Work is hard pay is low!

Great portfolio of products, Stable Company, Pay is Ok, Standards and Pressure to produce a number insane.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid, profitable company. Good starter course for learning sales. Pay is not bad and car package is top notch. Not as good as it was, but not bad. Every year they lower the commission structure and raise the number, but that's just the way it goes in sales. Cintas is not a special and unique snowflake I'm sure when it comes to that. If you don't know how good the commission was 4 years ago, you won't be bothered by how much its gone down anyway right?

Industry leader if you go into the uniform sales. Steer clear of the Doc Shredding(we just sold to major competitor Shred-It) and Deep Clean which is almost like a start up company with a niche customer base that is tough to crack into, with minimal marketing support.

Have created new sales positions, so if you are a top performer you can branch out into more industry specific/Matrix sales positions.

Cons

You are always just a number no matter how long you have been here. . High activity is an absolute must. You won't last otherwise. Don't even waste your time applying. We are held to such a high sales number now, if you take your foot off the gas, you will pay for it.
    Expensive product, always on the higher side compared to competition. The flip side is you have better quality products, so it's justified, but it does make it tough. Locking someone in a 3-5 year contract is tough as well, but that's an industry norm.
    Not family friendly at all! They expect you to put everything to the side to hit that number. If you are a female (which i am not) and you want to start a family, I would suggest you tread lightly.

We can see you bleeding in all the new blood and pushing out your long term sales partners. The number we are expected to hit is absolutely insane. We know it, the Market Managers know it, we just put on our game face and hope for the best. At some point, where does it stop? The number I've expected to hit has gone up over 30% from where it was 4 years ago.

SSR, STC, Production Manager

Former Employee - SSR, STC, Production Manager in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - SSR, STC, Production Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good training, stable company, great co workers. You can make real business decisions and make immediate impact. A lot of lateral and vertical movement possible.

Cons

Poor treatment of employees. Most management is poorly chosen, and inexperienced. Turnover is extremely high in all mid to upper management levels. To be successful you have to either know the right people, or decline promotions and fly under radar.

Hire managers with experience as leaders, not just people who spent time in the MT program.