Cintas Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014

3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Cintas Valencia is the best

Current Employee - Partner  in  Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management staff really do look out for you. My first week my manager gave me his 2 year plan for my career into management. Amazing company. Anna is the best HR manager I have ever met, she is super knowledgeable and always has time for you.

Cons

No cons as of now. Warehouse gets a little hot a few solar panels on the roof and the could A/C the place a little better.

Keep up the good work.

Great if you are not salary

Current Employee - Production Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cintas offered benefits are great, they maybe the best that I have ever had, The location and commute is a plus.

Cons

If you are salary expect to work 60 + without being compensated

Take care of you salary employees like you do upper management and your hourly

Great benefits, management support

Current Employee - Cdl A Driver
    Current Employee - Cdl A Driver

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cintas has very good benefits, so far I have experienced good support from management. If I see something is not working out I suggest a solution and so far they have worked on it. Room for advancement, they have a lot of opportunities but you really have to earn them, you have to work your tail off but your hard work will pay off. Promotions are based on how hard you work and not how long you have been working here. So for the hard working individuals this is a rewarding career.

Cons

Pay could be a little better. You will work with lazy people who complain and won't do what they are supposed to do because the job is hard. Long hours, hard back breaking work, not meant for work-shy individuals. Old trucks that break down a lot.

Consider replacing all the old vehicles that break down nearly every week, it will pay off right away considering newer trucks have better gas mileage and less money will be spent on parts and repairs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

good pay, good people and its a career

Cons

hard working conditions but its all worth it at the end

Strong Company

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cintas for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, great culture. Company is focused on developing leaders and has figured out how to do it. Great place to work if you're looking to grow your career

Cons

Tough work-life balance in certain roles. Sales organization is demanding and requires high activity but most reps and managers are well compensated for their efforts. Highly respected company.

Very good company overall with a few miniscule problems.

Current Employee - Scholar
    Current Employee - Scholar

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best reason to work here is the people that you work with. Cintas will only hire people that fall into their corporate culture and that makes it a good place to work.

Cons

I believe the front line partners are a little underpaid for the amount of work and hours they do. However, management is good about doing Partner Appreciation events and making the work environment a good one.

I would compensate the people that are doing your day-to-day operations more. They are the real reason for the company's successes and work very hard.

A little sour

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture is very good. There is never a lack of training, (sometimes too much), but overall it is beneficial to the division. There was never a lack of opportunity to advance (as long as you are willing to relocate).

Cons

You have to be careful what you say and to whom. You have to know who your friends are. When it comes to partner engagement, it's a laughing matter. If you are on the corporate side, which I was, there is zero partner engagement.

The location management is great, it's the corporate management that needs to practice what they preach.

Great job if family is not important...

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good starting pay, chances to advance in the company, innovative products and a well established profitable company, great benefits and good talented people, great corporate culture.

Cons

Hard to balance family/work life, stressful job, always changing KPIs so they are out of reach, will restructure pay plans if a SSR is performing well so they are less compensated, once they identify someone is not meeting expectations - they become a target instead of trying to work with the partner.

Run a route if you didn't come up that way into management...and if you did, remember how difficult and demanding it was.

Amazing management, team, and pay!

Current Employee - First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Managers CARE about your success because it reflects their success.

Cons

When routes get too big, they cut the routes down to create a new route. This directly affects your pay because if your route is the one that is too big you lose more customers than other routes and sort of "start over" with a smaller territory, making less commission. You then start building it again over the years until they cut it down again. Cycle continues.

Hire management from within- hire managers who have been a service sales rep in first aid & safety division for at least a year. Dont hire outside people; it takes too long for them to figure out how we do our jobs. Some never get it.

Best company I've ever worked for!

Former Employee - First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cintas is an amazing company. I LOVE the Corporate Culture that runs through the veins of Cintas! There is so much opportunity to advance. So many bonus money opportunities! I've never made so much money in my whole life!

Cons

Overall, there really are no cons. There are an awful lot of little details in the pay plan that make it not so easy to understand fully. But management there is very patient and will explain every detail until you understand.

Don't ever forget about Competitive Urgency! Attention to detail!

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!