Cintas Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 35 reviews)

• You work long hours, no opportunities for growth and management is awful (in 44 reviews)

More Highlights

Hard work, great development, put a lot on your plate.

Current Employee - Service Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely hands on and immediate impact to the organization when you start. Not a desk job. Great company values but inconsistent execution across locations. Comp is low for managerial, competitive for similar sales roles. Develop their talent pool well- all partners invested in their own development see a return on hard work and drive to learn.

Cons

As MT and future leader they give you more than you can handle to see how you prioritize and delegate. Same goes for Service Management. Coaching those skills helps but a 360 change doesn't happen overnight. Burn out rate is high for those who hold themselves to a high standard. The work is never done.

For those diligent in maintaining a work-life balance leadership at Cintas is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow. If driven to keep inbox empty or build a flawless track record - go into sales. The culture is professional and finally changing with the times. All around fantastic organization and I enjoy Cintas First Aid and helping save lives!

Good Place with good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bessemer, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Pay. Great people to work with/for. With many chances to start at the bottom and end at the top. Sky is the limit on promotion.

Cons

Hours for management are not good. 60+ a week. Often short handed also.

Take a look at staffing and add a few people. I know it costs more overall but it will help alot in the long run.

Excellent

Current Employee - SSR  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - SSR in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many opportunities for growth.
    Training is lengthy for a good reason since Cintas has many products to offer to their customers.
    You will work 4 days a week, 10-12 hours a day, this depends on your route volume.
    Great benefits, medical dental, vision
    401(k) with company match
    Eligible for profit sharing after one year of work

Cons

Starting compensation could be better since it is a fast paced environment and a hard physical labor.
    If you are skipping a route you may work 5 days a week instead of 4 days.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Super great team of people to work with.

Current Employee - SSR  in  Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - SSR in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everyone is super curious and helpful. I get along with everyone at the plant.

Cons

Always changing the pay structure to make it harder to earn bonuses.

The renewal bonus requirements a unfair.

Great Place to Start a Sales Career

Current Employee - FS Sales Representative
    Current Employee - FS Sales Representative

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

Cintas will teach you what you will need to be successful in a B2B sales position. They are a great place to start a career and give you the foundation for what other companies look for in sales people. If you can sell for Cintas, you can sell for anyone and sell anything. They give you the best products to succeed in the industry and because of that they will continue to be an industry leader. I would recommend Cintas to anyone looking to begin a sales career and wants to move into the medical or technology fields. With Cintas on your resume, you will always have recruiters calling you and wanting to talk to you about other opportunities that are out there.

Cons

Early meetings, sales numbers and sales commission structures that are constantly changing and leave the reps feeling like the company is just trying to get around paying them.

Just because someone was a great sales rep, it doesn't make them qualified to be a sales manager. Typically, those people are control freaks and were successful because they were meticulous in everything that that they do. Those kinds of people don't make good managers.

pretty good

Current Employee - Fire Sprinkler Repair  in  Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Fire Sprinkler Repair in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

match 401k ok pay love incentive plan

Cons

sent alone on jobs where you require more then one person

keep on keeping on

My experience was overwhelming.

Former Employee - Management Trainee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Cintas as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Helped me learn quickly how to work hard and be selfless for the company. Exposure to all areas of business. The people. Travel.

Cons

Even though you were selfless for the company the company was never really selfless for their employees. Work/life balance is out the door! Sales is extremely cut throat! Lack of collaboration between departments (especially sales and ops) All sales cared about was getting business in at whatever cost, irrespective of capacity and time.

Your culture is your culture, I don't see it changing so advice is almost pointless.

Great portfolio of products, Stable Company, Pay is Ok, Standards and Pressure to produce a number insane.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid, profitable company. Good starter course for learning sales. Pay is not bad and car package is top notch. Not as good as it was, but not bad. Every year they lower the commission structure and raise the number, but that's just the way it goes in sales. Cintas is not a special and unique snowflake I'm sure when it comes to that. If you don't know how good the commission was 4 years ago, you won't be bothered by how much its gone down anyway right?

Industry leader if you go into the uniform sales. Steer clear of the Doc Shredding(we just sold to major competitor Shred-It) and Deep Clean which is almost like a start up company with a niche customer base that is tough to crack into, with minimal marketing support.

Have created new sales positions, so if you are a top performer you can branch out into more industry specific/Matrix sales positions.

Cons

You are always just a number no matter how long you have been here. . High activity is an absolute must. You won't last otherwise. Don't even waste your time applying. We are held to such a high sales number now, if you take your foot off the gas, you will pay for it.
    Expensive product, always on the higher side compared to competition. The flip side is you have better quality products, so it's justified, but it does make it tough. Locking someone in a 3-5 year contract is tough as well, but that's an industry norm.
    Not family friendly at all! They expect you to put everything to the side to hit that number. If you are a female (which i am not) and you want to start a family, I would suggest you tread lightly.

We can see you bleeding in all the new blood and pushing out your long term sales partners. The number we are expected to hit is absolutely insane. We know it, the Market Managers know it, we just put on our game face and hope for the best. At some point, where does it stop? The number I've expected to hit has gone up over 30% from where it was 4 years ago.

SSR, STC, Production Manager

Former Employee - SSR, STC, Production Manager  in  Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - SSR, STC, Production Manager in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good training, stable company, great co workers. You can make real business decisions and make immediate impact. A lot of lateral and vertical movement possible.

Cons

Poor treatment of employees. Most management is poorly chosen, and inexperienced. Turnover is extremely high in all mid to upper management levels. To be successful you have to either know the right people, or decline promotions and fly under radar.

Hire managers with experience as leaders, not just people who spent time in the MT program.

Ok

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

Good culture, great comp plan compared to others in the industry.

Cons

Have to drink the kool-aid

If there is a problem, don't wait until it's too late to fix it

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!