Cintas Reviews

Updated October 22, 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 36 reviews)

• You work long hours, no opportunities for growth and management is awful (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

Image Consultant

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

I worked in outside sales and the training was very thorough and I always had a ton of internal support. It was a great place for advancement and the leadership team was phenomenal. The pay was great as well. You really get what you put in and it can be very rewarding.

Cons

It is a very corporate work environment with strict guidelines

Strong compensation plans-many many hats

Current Employee - Territory Account Representative in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Territory Account Representative in Mason, OH

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Cintas for 4 years now and the company has been very good to me. They pay very well and the friendy atmosphere is second to none. They offer paid time off, 401K, dental, vision and health insurance. They are all about their "partners" and making sure they are healthy and happy. They go above and beyond to offer benefits to their employees to improve their overall health and wellness, including free annual blood and health screenings. They also offer partner perks such as discounts at hundreds of retailers, vehicle discount programs, travel discounts and more. Definitely a great company to work for.

Cons

They expect employees to wear many many hats daily. The workload is almost always overwhelming and daunting. The unspoken expectation is that you'll be married to your job and live and breathe Cintas. In most cases the company promotes from within and strong managers help you 'climb the ladder' to success and career progression. However, there are still managers that would rather hold you back for their own personal benefit. Technology is so far behind. This makes simple daily tasks ten times harder than they should be, which in turn causes them to lack in efficiency.

As great as the focus on employee health and wellness is, it would be much more beneficial to have the proper, up-to-date tools to get the job done and help alleviate some of the daily stresses that lead to the health issues. Focus on process efficiency more-for every department. Creating more efficient processes leads to more revenues, happier employees and happier customers. Make sure ALL of your managers are focused on helping employees progress rather than holding them back because it's too difficult a process to replace them. Lastly, some of the most important departments are understaffed, identify those departments and provide sufficient staffing. We all rely heavily on our fellow partners and it takes an army to get things done, so help us by providing a sufficient army for the job.

Good company, no slackers

Current Employee - Facility Services Representative in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Facility Services Representative in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company will treat you well and compensate you for a job well done. Good name in the industry. Service that customers do need and see value in. If you have a great boss, the job will be fun.

Cons

Job is designed to burn you out with small territories and it being a one-time sale with one commission and no residue or repeat business opportunity.

Solid company that is growing if they don't mess it up.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good benefits, good corporate culture, great people, open to change and new ideas, challenging and never boring. It is a pleasant work environment and I enjoy going to work every day. They are very understanding of needing to take off for numerous reasons. Have the capability to work from home if needed, which is wonderful. There is job security here in the fact that they are understaffed and can't afford to lose anyone.

Cons

Have to work there a year to get any sick time/time off. Cintas Managed Solutions - Fire Protection group does not have much room for upward growth. People are not fully appreciated for the work they do. People get promotions but they are long overdue. It appears that if you want to move up within the company you have to be willing to move far away.

Listen to your employees. Sometimes the fix to the workload is really as simple as hiring one or two more people. don't try to shuffle the same deck of cards and say that it will be better. Be open and honest with your employees, we care and deserve that. Put actions behind your words.

It was probably the best opportunity for a college student to see if they want to work in B2B Sales.

Current Employee - Sales Scholar
    Current Employee - Sales Scholar

I have been working at Cintas as an intern

Pros

-Cintas is a 100% awesome company and has one of the BEST cultures at all levels
    -The communication skills at every level is phenominal
    -I really liked how they allowed me as a student to manage my own territory. It was tough but it really allowed me to see what sales ACTUALLY is.
    -They put a lot of trust in their interns by going out and by letting us representing company which I thought was GREAT!
    - Have expense account as a student
    - Got to go on a FREE TRIP and meet VPs, President, and the CEO of a $5 billion company
    - Team outtings

Cons

I want to mak a disclaimer to all college students looking at this review. Theses are VERY minor cons but I wanted to be real.

- Not as much training as I would of liked
    - If your not willing to work hard (Don't apply)
    - Early mornings (Not required)
    - Only have a month of actual selling so if you can't figure out sales process - it can be frustrating

Overall, Cintas is a very leadership based company. I found my experience to be GREAT. My manager and I did not always see eye to eye on everything BUT he was always there to help. He would do anything to help me with work or outside of work. I can't really say managment did anything wrong but maybe a littlebit more in field training.

4.5 out of 5 Stars about says it all

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are generally a cut above the average and there is great support and corporate culture for those who fit the bill (and many do not want to) but the incentives are there for those who work (I doubled my income the day Cintas took over our old company).

Cons

not everyone fits the bill & not everyone wants to enough to enjoy the perks of being #1.

Respect and better retain your top producing talent

low wages for amount of work expected

Current Employee - SSR in Marianna, FL
    Current Employee - SSR in Marianna, FL

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you learn about providing good customer service.

Cons

low pay, but not in the minds of management. 5 interviews for a low wage. employees lie about wages when in the interview process.

stop being greedy and pay a decent wage.

Strong stable company to work for

Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nash, TN
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor in Nash, TN

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good corporate training facilities and travel opportunities

Cons

There are some unrealistic production expectations to meet

Good company depending on what division you're in

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely stable, never have to worry about layoffs, good economic performance. Good training programs for all roles. There is a huge variance in leadership based on the location you're at, so I could go either way with that being a positive or a negative!

Cons

Complete lack of work/life balance, very high expectations and limited opportunities if you're not at the corporate office. Sometimes it feels like the things we say make us better/different than our competitors are not true and that we are just the same.

I'd like to see us reward long term customers by not raising their prices out of control; give discounts to those who stay.

Cintas becomes your life!

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! We are in this together attitude!

Cons

Hours can be long... Work is hard pay is low!