Cintas

Cintas Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer

Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends(in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance(in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles(in 42 reviews)

Amazing management, team, and pay!

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsManagers CARE about your success because it reflects their success.

ConsWhen routes get too big, they cut the routes down to create a new route. This directly affects your pay because if your route is the one that is too big you lose more customers than other routes and sort of "start over" with a smaller territory, making less commission. You then start building it again over the years until they cut it down again. Cycle continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management from within- hire managers who have been a service sales rep in first aid & safety division for at least a year. Dont hire outside people; it takes too long for them to figure out how we do our jobs. Some never get it.

Well compensated B2B sales job but must have hunter mentality.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPays well if you are hitting your bonus.

ConsLots of red tape. Cintas trys to make things black and white and ignore the grey areas. Like any job choose your boss wisely.

Sales at Cintas

ProsGreat reputation of the company, biggest and best in the industry, stable company with stock constantly going up, good work ethic and great sales experience

ConsConstant turnover in service, plant and sales department, nobody gets fired they decide to leave, hard to get passionate about some of the commodities Cintas sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a tuition reimbursement program, it will attract and keep good talent in the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Facility Service Sales Rep

ProsCintas provides one of the best sales training programs for reps looking to break into B2B sales. Not only that, it's the leader in its industry, constantly growing and adding new products and services and most importantly taking initiatives to diversify it's workforce. Also- Cintas is great at recognizing hardwork and achievement!

ConsSometimes territories and positions are not divided evenly among sales reps giving others an unfair advantage.

Productive and supportive work environment with many avenues for advancement

Supervisor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat culture
    Hard workers
    Emphasis on partner safety

ConsLong hours
    Inadequate compensation
    Sub par vacation time

Learned a lot, got micro managed at the end!

Fire Service Technician (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsDecent Pay
    Hours are to be expected in the Fire Alarm/Sprinkler industry
    NFPA code driven, and very customer friendly.

ConsSchedulers do not know how to read maps, send people to jobs 100+ miles away, while other technicians live closer. (happens all the time, not just isolated incidents)
     Management (GM, Ops Manager and some Service Managers) has never worked in the Fire Protection business prior, They don't speak the lingo or know any actual technical information regarding Fire Alarm Panels or Sprinkler Systems.
    Advancement opportunities are few and far between, they interview techs who have been with the company for years but pass them up for fear of loss revenue once the tech is no longer in the field.
    Many times reports have to be done after the shift because the jobs are bid incorrectly.
    Service managers are on top of you because there managers are on top of them, and everyone knows that poop runs down hill

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance technicians who have above knowledge skill and abilities and have shown that they can produce.
    Upgrade technology, you are lacking behind even the smallest company, you will never be a "Elite" fire alarm company using another companies forms and procedures.

Sweat Shop

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) West Columbia, SC

ProsReasonable Insurance rates and they will hire anyone for employees if you have anything in your past

Consvery demanding on Supervisors and Team Leads ... Conditions are very hot... Poor pay for employees and management... Good Old boy central

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone like a human being

Nada Diversity

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGoals are wry clear cut and you know what is expected

ConsUncles your last name is "Farmer", you cannot go very far....

It is a very "good old boys network" and no diversity.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity would be nice.....and folding towels doesn't count

Over worked underappreciated

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsHuge on safety. If you work for the right location you will be treated great. Always having competitions to earn extra money or other items.

ConsThey expect you to do 12 hours of work in a 8 hour day. The location I was at, the GM cared more about money and not enough about the employees. How hard is it to say hi to your employees, ask how their day was and say keep up the good work. ( I am a supervisor, so the GM doesn't need to talk to me be nice to see him care about non management employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery once and a while show some appreciation for your partners. They will work harder for you and go above and beyond if you just show a little appreciation.

It can be GREAT

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery positive and great benefits

ConsCut spending wherever they can, place TOO high of expectations on employees, it is very hard to move up.

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!