Cintas Reviews

Reset
4.0
Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 44 reviews)

• Plenty of opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is out the door (in 39 reviews)

• You have to be willing to work long hours (in 46 reviews)

1. Good Company

Former Employee - SSR in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - SSR in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cintas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company. I was a SSR, defiantly a lot of hard work but the pay was good for the work

Cons

Pushes a lot of sales. Constant meetings, weekly store meetings and with managers usually have the goals of increasing penetration with customers. Not a great job if you don't like to sell

2. Good company but definitely a grind at times

Pros

Great training and support. Promote from within so opportunity to advance.

Cons

Typical corporate structure. Lots of policies and top down initiatives as well as dinosaur age technology and computer systems. can feel like a drone at times. Also have to get dirty and do some of the tough jobs out on the trucks/in plant if you want to advance. Pay could be more.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. Consider a higher pay structure. A lot of hours and work put in for somewhat lower than average pay sometimes.

3. Great money, tough work

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Cintas (Less than a year)

Pros

Compensation is great. Base plus comission and car allowance will put you into 6 figures.

Cons

High stress level job. Weekly quotas on new business is tough.

Advice to Management

More field riding days with training reps.

5. So far

I have been working at Cintas full-time

Pros

Coming out of the military as primarily a maintenance person this is a great job to get into. My supervisor is great and has passed a lot of his knowledge to me.

Cons

Leadership as usual seems to not communicate with each other well.

6. Exceeding customers expectations

Current Employee - Service Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cintas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management training program is excellent . Also received Six Sigma certification as a part of the Management Training program.

Cons

Towards the later years the focus shifted from Customer Service and exceeding expectations to Making a profit by any means necessary .

7. culture

I have been working at Cintas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

culture is unbelievable. at cintas, it means everything

Cons

long hours, but the motto is work hard play hard

8. Production Supervisor

Pros

i have a good schedule

Cons

not the best pay check

9. Sales Representative

Former Employee - Facility Services Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Facility Services Sales Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at Cintas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like any business to business sale, it is what you make of it. I had a very positive experience because I worked hard and was successful. I had a great manager and team, which also helped make my experience very positive. Bottom line, if you have a good manager, you work hard, and put in the time, you will be successful and make good money.

Cons

Some managers like to micro manage, 2 days a week of office hours, long phone blocks.

10. Service Manager

Pros

Very strong Corporate Structure and Culture

Cons

Don't have many major cons

Good Company very demanding

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Service Representative

Pros

-Good pay for an entry level position. -Opportunity to move up if successful -Partners and Management are friendly and always willing to help -Great training programs -benefits healthcare and 401K contributions are really great for a entry level position

Cons

-This is a sales job, it's listed as a service sales rep, but make no mistake about it this is a sales job with very real quotas that must be met or you will be fired. This isn't a bad thing. but people need to realize that you are not a delivery driver, except that you are a delivery driver who is expected to sell and grow your territory -the Territory you get starting out is luck based and depends on when you're hired, if they are adding new route because of growth, expect a much smaller route which means less money. If they hire you to replace someone there's a good chance the route you will be covering is established and a good chance to make some good money. Regardless of your skills as a sales person you can start the job making 60k+ based on nothing more than residual sales, you can also start the job at 35k because your territory is small and they expect you to grow it, again this has nothing to do with your talent level when you initially start out and more to do with the luck of the draw that was handed to you. My first route had me making around 45K annually, they guy they hired literally 1 month after i was hired took over a power route and was making 60k, we both hit our growth numbers at around the same clip respectfully yet he made 15k more than I did. -it Is very demanding and if you have a route that is far away, you will almost certainly be working 60 hours a week. -this may be more manager dependent but if you are falling behind on your numbers, you will be micro managed. happened to me at one point and several other partners. they try their best to be helpful and they are at least engaging on the matter, but you will be micro managed until your numbers come back to form.

Advice to Management

Routes should be merit based. the best performers should get the highest volume routes, I understand you can't change routes on the daily but someone who was hired and crushed it for the first 9-12 months should not be making 10-20K less than the partner who was recently employed because a high volume route was made vacant.

Showing 267 of 1,028 reviews