Cintas

Cintas Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer

Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends(in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance(in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles(in 42 reviews)

Amazing management, team, and pay!

First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsManagers CARE about your success because it reflects their success.

ConsWhen routes get too big, they cut the routes down to create a new route. This directly affects your pay because if your route is the one that is too big you lose more customers than other routes and sort of "start over" with a smaller territory, making less commission. You then start building it again over the years until they cut it down again. Cycle continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management from within- hire managers who have been a service sales rep in first aid & safety division for at least a year. Dont hire outside people; it takes too long for them to figure out how we do our jobs. Some never get it.

Facility Service Sales Rep

ProsCintas provides one of the best sales training programs for reps looking to break into B2B sales. Not only that, it's the leader in its industry, constantly growing and adding new products and services and most importantly taking initiatives to diversify it's workforce. Also- Cintas is great at recognizing hardwork and achievement!

ConsSometimes territories and positions are not divided evenly among sales reps giving others an unfair advantage.

Great place to work!

SSR (Current Employee)

ProsThe money is good,the 4day work week is great,and the benefits aren't too bad

ConsThe work can be very physical,VERY hot in the summer..

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease spend more time in the field(w/SSR's) before promising the world to certain customers...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love my job!

ProsGreat culture to be a part of! My second family

ConsSales is hard wherever you are

Great company to Work for.

ProsPeople, culture, relationships, work life balance, personal growth

Conssalary, benefits keep rising, co pays keep going up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of some of the archaic policies, this is 2014

Great Company to work for

ProsGreat values, high ethical standards, lots of growing opportunities, very nice people.

ConsIt is not very flexible from working from home standpoint

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication to the lower levels

Great opportunities

Partner (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsCompetitive wages, great opportunities for career advancement, and great benefits.

ConsYou have to be willing to work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Keep us #1 in our industry.

Awesome company with room for advancement

(Current Employee) Mason, OH

ProsPromote from within, excellent benefits, high expectations & results oriented environment. If you put in the time and effort, you will see success.

ConsSometimes a lack of direction on projects, can be working on a million things at once and have to drop everything for a new project, very stuffy corporate culture, VERY policy & procedure environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more transparency & improve communication.

This is a great company with a solid culture.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe sales organization does a great job of training and ongoing development. The compensation package includes a high base salary and uncapped commissions. It really rewards the productive sales professional.

ConsCintas has a huge focus on the sales organization and some managers may tend toward micro-management when numbers are down.

A great place to gain valuable experience while progressing in your career.

Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsYou truly determine your own destiny. Hard work and perseverance pay off. If you are dedicated and detail oriented you will thrive. You will get experienced at contract negotiation, customer service, and route sales.

ConsPhysically demanding job. Sometimes there is difficulty getting things (products and equipment) you need to perform the job well.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee and customer retention along with a strong sales force, are key.

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!