Cintas Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 40 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• High Expectations, Long hours, No technology for Sales Reps, Internal struggles (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

Not impressed

I worked at Cintas

Pros

I cannot think of any, but will update later.

Cons

This company is not pro military and race plays a huge role in promotion.

Run, as fast as you can.

Former Employee - Service Sales Representative  in  Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sales training was outstanding but bordered unethical. Get some experience with this fortune 550 company and take it to a more ethical company who cares about their employees as well as their customers. Work/Life balance was decent at first but has all but completely gone away.

Cons

They set you up for short term success. They pride themselves on pushing a customer to their limits until the customer tires out and eventually cuts the cord. The company completely lacks values as well as morals. They are cut throat and lack any ethics what so ever. I've seen them run employees into the ground and fire 20 year employees without reason other then replacing them with a cheaper and younger employee. They make you work harder for less money each year. This company actually trained me to mislead customers into thinking that our bundled service provides a discount under the illusion of a two year contract that never existed.This obviously left our customers feeling trapped and unable to cancel service. With the sales force that Cintas has behind each service employee, they aren't afraid to have a customer cancel knowing that a new one is right around the corner.This is a recipe for disaster.

Boost employee moral by rewarding performance driven employees. Stop rewriting pay plans each year to make employees work longer and harder for less money. Treat each and every customer with the honor and respect that they deserve. Stop training employees to be unethical. Stop pushing customers and employees to their limits.

By Far The Worst Place to Every Work!

Former Employee - SSR  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - SSR in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not a Darn Thing! This Company Sucks!

Cons

Expected to work 60+ hours but only paid for 40+, Management sucks beyond belief! They will "fudge" your pay check up and then act as if they are not sure how it happened. You will have to get up at 3am to travel for a meeting and then expected to work your full day and God if you are planning to leave take your vacation first, they Will Not pay you your earned vacation and beware, that they will only pay you your base wage and not your commission... They are so damn greedy, you can never, ever do enough to make them happy. Oh and every three months you will have to get up at 3am on a Saturday and travel up North to do inventory that you don't get paid for! This company sucks... Not one employee was happy, always complaining and back stabbing one another!

You all suck and should be fired! You are not leaders, you are fake wanna-be's who can't handle a hard days work in the real world/field!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst experience ever!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Riverhead, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Riverhead, NY

I worked at Cintas full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really can't think of any.

Cons

I can only speak for Cintas/Cleanway in Riverhead- the Customer Service Department. This location has SERIOUS problems. I am just one of several people hired hourly recently that did not last beyond a few weeks. The "Account Mgrs" who are supposed to train you are nasty, condescending and so worried about their jobs that they purposely make you feel like you do not belong there. They are a bunch of unprofessional kids who inappropriately do nothing but talk about how drunk they were over the weekend. They are supposed to be "Corporate" but yet they walk around in flip-flops and barefoot in the office. Not-to-mention the disgusting perverted conversations they would have and the cursing you have to listen to daily. If Corporate actually heard any of this most of the department would be fired.

It's sad because HR and the GM seem to be real nice people that acknowledge that there is an issue but yet they do not do anything about it. I believe that unless the corporate office steps in and fires these individuals it will never change.

Worst place I've ever worked

Former Employee - SSR  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - SSR in Chicago, IL

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to be on route by yourself

Cons

I worked as an SSR in the First Aid and Safety division. You work long hours, no opportunities for growth and management is awful. You are micromanaged to the point that they put a device on your van to track your every move. On average you will make about $300 per week (without commission) and with commission you could make about 40-45k if you work 10 hour days. I was nationally ranked as top 5 in performance and still only made that much. Raises do not exist so don't get your hopes up. I left after 1.5 years and that was the best decision I've ever made.

What's the point of giving advice to a politically driven company? Nothing will change.

They laid off an entire department only to tell the employees they could be hired back through a temp agency

Former Employee - Document Imaging Specialist  in  Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Document Imaging Specialist in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They were understanding when i needed to take off for personal reasons

Cons

They do not value their employees.They put people in charge of departments when they have no clue what the department does.They prefer to use temp agencies or to outsource their work instead of keeping dedicated employees. They do not like to give raises.They work good employees to death and promise them raises and bonuses they never receive.

understand that the employees are what is keeping your company alive.when you treat them like garbage and then throw them away you will end up with a company full of temps that do not give a care about your quality of work.

Horrible

I worked at Cintas

Pros

Pay and health benefits. Hours were decent.

Cons

Senior leadership treats employees horribly. No respect. Pressure to make quotas.

Hire experienced senior management who respect those out in the field. Lead by example and be more ethical in your business practices.

Horrible work/life balance

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Plenty of work to do.

Cons

Mandatory overtime for laborers. Horrible work/life balance. Would never recommend this company to friends since many times it mandated that you work Saturday and/or Sunday. Also workdays are usually 10 hours during the week. It's no fun having to be at work at 5AM for overtime.

Plan the schedule better or hire additional workers to accomodate excess labor needs.

They call you "PARTNERS" (really?!?)

Former Employee - Maintenance  in  Langley, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Maintenance in Langley, BC (Canada)

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good starting salary but I doubt you will ever get a raise after that.

Cons

-No perks for any production employees at all. ( maybe the management do)
    -Managers and supervisor cheat and lie in front of your face
    -Any production employees who work here for more than 8 years have the industries lowest pay. (Ask around)
    -They pretend to be one of the safest place to work and the have a lot of BS paper work to prove it but in reality the are NOT.
    -VERY HIGH TURN-OVER RATE for both office and production employees

- Get rid of your CORPORATE culture and stop making Scott Farmer making loads of money of you. Take care of your production "PARTNERS" a lot of them work hard for this company.

Lead baloon

Former Employee - SSR/Sales Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - SSR/Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Cintas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Insurance benefits were great. Money was good year 2 through 6. Vacations were nice to get away from the political bs.

Cons

Constant pay plan changes, poor moral, unethical business practices by management, hit your goals or you're fired, work/life balance is non-existent. Price increases to customers every 3 months, lost/ruin charges out of control. Just to name a few.

Go run a route one week out of the year, and see the crap you hand down the line. It might open your eyes to your board room.

Worked for Cintas? Contribute to the Community!