Cintas

Updated November 17, 2014
3.3

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 41 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 36 reviews)

• Mgrs are expected to work very long hours with very little overhead support (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Not what is outlined

Current Employee - SSR
    Current Employee - SSR

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Insurance, and the work week is sweet!

Cons

No real holidays off, they all have to be made up. You make more as a trainee or skipper

Great if you are not salary

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cintas offered benefits are great, they maybe the best that I have ever had, The location and commute is a plus.

Cons

If you are salary expect to work 60 + without being compensated

Take care of you salary employees like you do upper management and your hourly

Best company I've ever worked for!

Former Employee - First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - First Aid & Safety Service Sales Representative in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Cintas is an amazing company. I LOVE the Corporate Culture that runs through the veins of Cintas! There is so much opportunity to advance. So many bonus money opportunities! I've never made so much money in my whole life!

Cons

Overall, there really are no cons. There are an awful lot of little details in the pay plan that make it not so easy to understand fully. But management there is very patient and will explain every detail until you understand.

Don't ever forget about Competitive Urgency! Attention to detail!

good

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

good pay, good people and its a career

Cons

hard working conditions but its all worth it at the end

Great benefits, management support

Current Employee - Cdl A Driver
    Current Employee - Cdl A Driver

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cintas has very good benefits, so far I have experienced good support from management. If I see something is not working out I suggest a solution and so far they have worked on it. Room for advancement, they have a lot of opportunities but you really have to earn them, you have to work your tail off but your hard work will pay off. Promotions are based on how hard you work and not how long you have been working here. So for the hard working individuals this is a rewarding career.

Cons

Pay could be a little better. You will work with lazy people who complain and won't do what they are supposed to do because the job is hard. Long hours, hard back breaking work, not meant for work-shy individuals. Old trucks that break down a lot.

Consider replacing all the old vehicles that break down nearly every week, it will pay off right away considering newer trucks have better gas mileage and less money will be spent on parts and repairs.

Strong Company

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cintas (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great training, great culture. Company is focused on developing leaders and has figured out how to do it. Great place to work if you're looking to grow your career

Cons

Tough work-life balance in certain roles. Sales organization is demanding and requires high activity but most reps and managers are well compensated for their efforts. Highly respected company.

Cintas Valencia is the best

Current Employee - Partner in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Partner in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Cintas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The management staff really do look out for you. My first week my manager gave me his 2 year plan for my career into management. Amazing company. Anna is the best HR manager I have ever met, she is super knowledgeable and always has time for you.

Cons

No cons as of now. Warehouse gets a little hot a few solar panels on the roof and the could A/C the place a little better.

Keep up the good work.

Very good company overall with a few miniscule problems.

Current Employee - Scholar
    Current Employee - Scholar

I have been working at Cintas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best reason to work here is the people that you work with. Cintas will only hire people that fall into their corporate culture and that makes it a good place to work.

Cons

I believe the front line partners are a little underpaid for the amount of work and hours they do. However, management is good about doing Partner Appreciation events and making the work environment a good one.

I would compensate the people that are doing your day-to-day operations more. They are the real reason for the company's successes and work very hard.

Run, as fast as you can.

Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Lawrenceville, GA
    Former Employee - Service Sales Representative in Lawrenceville, GA

I worked at Cintas full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Sales training was outstanding but bordered unethical. Get some experience with this fortune 550 company and take it to a more ethical company who cares about their employees as well as their customers. Work/Life balance was decent at first but has all but completely gone away.

Cons

They set you up for short term success. They pride themselves on pushing a customer to their limits until the customer tires out and eventually cuts the cord. The company completely lacks values as well as morals. They are cut throat and lack any ethics what so ever. I've seen them run employees into the ground and fire 20 year employees without reason other then replacing them with a cheaper and younger employee. They make you work harder for less money each year. This company actually trained me to mislead customers into thinking that our bundled service provides a discount under the illusion of a two year contract that never existed.This obviously left our customers feeling trapped and unable to cancel service. With the sales force that Cintas has behind each service employee, they aren't afraid to have a customer cancel knowing that a new one is right around the corner.This is a recipe for disaster.

Boost employee moral by rewarding performance driven employees. Stop rewriting pay plans each year to make employees work longer and harder for less money. Treat each and every customer with the honor and respect that they deserve. Stop training employees to be unethical. Stop pushing customers and employees to their limits.

Not impressed

I worked at Cintas

Pros

I cannot think of any, but will update later.

Cons

This company is not pro military and race plays a huge role in promotion.